Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Druid vs. Priest complexity

the goal is not to talk about who is the "best" healer.
    but, what type of healing style is most complex (not in that way, "that type of healing is easy") but in the sort of way like, "can you cast one spell of healing over and over? that isn't complex. if you have to use many type of healing abilities normally often when you heal because the healing is built around it that way like you benefit from it, that is complex.

Healing Touch
    Heals a friendly target for <> to <>.

Lifebloom
    Heals the target for <> over 7 sec. When Lifebloom completes its duration or is dispelled, the target instantly heals themself for <> and the Druid regains half the cost of the spell. This effect can stuck up to 3 times on the same target.

Nourish
    Heals a friendly target for <> to <>. Heals for an additional 20% if you have Rejuvenation, Regrwoth, Lifebloom, or Wild Growth effect active on the target.

Rejuvenation
    Heals the target for <> over 15 sec.

Regrowth
    Heals a friendly target for <> to <> and another <> over 21 sec.

Wild Growth
    6 sec cooldown
    Heals up to 5 friendly party or raid members within 15 yards of the target for <> over 7 sec. The amount healed is applied quickly at first, and slows down as the Wild Growth reaches its full duration.

and

Tranquility
    10 min cooldown
    Heals all nearby group members for <> every 2 seconds for 8 sec. Druid must channel to maintain the spell.

Just like to mention this one also -Rebirth-, even tho it's no healing ability it is sure useful if the tank dies. You kinda get a second chance there.

Rebirth
    Returns the spirit to the body, restoring a dead target to life with <> health and <> mana. (With Glyph they can come back with 100% life.)

Now comparing it with the Priest healing abilities...

Circle of Healing (Requires 40 points in Holy Talents)
    6 sec cooldown
    Heals up to 5 friendly party or raid members within 15 yards of the target for <> to <>.

Divine Hymn
    10 min cooldown
    You recite a Holy hymn, summoning the power of the Divine to assist you in your time of need. Heals 3 nearby lowest health friendly party or raid targets for <> to <> every 2 sec for 8 sec, and increases healing done to them by 10% for 8 sec. Maximum of 12 heals. The Priest must channel to maintain the spell.

Holy Nova
    Causes an explosion of holy light around the caster, causing <> to <> Holy damage to all enemy targets within 10 yards and healing all party members within 10 yards for <> to <>. These effects cause no threat.

Renew
    Heals the target for <> over 15 sec.

Prayer of Healing
    A powerful prayer heals the friendly target's party members within 30 yards for <> to <>.

Flash Heal
    Heals a friendly target for <> to <>.

Greater Heal
    A slow casting spell that heals a single target for <> to <>.

Prayer of Mending
    10 sec cooldown
    Places a spell on the target that heals them for <> the next time they take damage. When the heal occurs, Prayer of Mending jumps to a raid member within 20 yards. Jumps up to 5 times and lasts 30 sec after each jump. This spell can only be placed on one target at a time.

Penance (Requires 50 points in Discipline Talents)
    10 sec cooldown
    Launches a volley of holy light at the target, causing <> Holy damage to an enemy, or <> to <> healing to an ally instantly and every 1 sec for 2 sec.

---------

So what would be your conclussion of which class between Priest and Druid has the most complex healing?

2348 people told me forget about Worgen playable race, still counting.

Re: Druid vs. Priest complexity

I think that anyone that needs the spelled explained for them has no say in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proyouknow
    I think that anyone that needs the spelled explained for them has no say in this.
    I think your post did no contribution to this topic at all. Good job.
    And point of spells written down is to give people some type of "overview".
    Thinking of cooldown, what spell does, not how much it heals for.

Quote Originally Posted by Wispleaf
    I think your post did no contribution to this topic at all. Good job.
    And point of spells written down is to give people some type of "overview".
    Thinking of cooldown, what spell does, not how much it heals for.
    I feel like I contributed. Hopefully people will think before posting.

You haven't posted cast times, scaling with talents, coefficients, glyphs. Not to dismiss you're question but the information you've posted is only going to help people who should not weigh in on this discussion.

I don't know how can you ask about complexity in healing between these two. Both have to target someone and press a sequence of buttons, the only difference is deciding if you're gonna lifebloom 3x the tank or if you're gonna cast SoL-ed FH or greater heal on the target. It's really not as complex as you put it, nor can you compare any other healer's complexity to druids' or priests' because everyone have equally "tough" job and it's finding the target and pushing the (appropriate) heal button.

With druid, it's apparent that they have to stack HoTs in order to reach full potential of their Nourish. With priest, it's apparent they'll blow their CoH + PoM when it's off the cd and Prayer of Healing to top the raid off. It's just about deciding what to use at what situation, it's purely logical and nothing complex tbh if you have your UI set up properly and if you're not an idiot (I'm not saying OP is an idiot, I'm trying to make my point clearer).

Conclusion: neither is complex. What is "complex" is deciding what to heal before the damage occurs. With bossmod timers, it's easy to time the healing spells.

Quote Originally Posted by dakm
    You haven't posted cast times, scaling with talents, coefficients, glyphs. Not to dismiss you're question but the information you've posted is only going to help people who should not weigh in on this discussion.
    Let me google for you. No offence.
    "The degree to which a component or system has a design and/or internal structure that is difficult to understand, maintain and verify."

So how would casting time have anything to say?
    This isn't a post I ask who heals best!

And talents, glyphs, I hope people have some kind of knowledge - but if not, you should google.

If anyone needs it spelled out to them it is obviously druids. Watching hot/dot timers is simply much more complex than casting. Not that either class is hard to play
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanite
    If anyone needs it spelled out to them it is obviously druids. Watching hot/dot timers is simply much more complex than casting. Not that either class is hard to play
    LOOK its very simple

if you want to heal in arena ROLL A DRUID, PRIEST

if you want to dps in arena ROLL A FERAL DRUID, RET PALADIN, WARRIOR, ROGUE, DK

Quote Originally Posted by sadface
    LOOK its very simple

if you want to heal in arena ROLL A DRUID, PRIEST

if you want to dps in arena ROLL A FERAL DRUID, RET PALADIN, WARRIOR, ROGUE, DK
    I don't even know why I bother to reply to you. It feel such a waste of time.

But here it goes... If you click on forum, try look for a section that is called "Arena" or try google it.

I'm going to have to agree with the fact that neither are that complex. Having played both, they both require knowledge of what spells are more beneficial for what scenario. Druids have to keep their hots going, priests have to time their casts to hit at the right moment without letting their target die or have too much overheal. Just takes playing the class for a short amount of time to know how to heal efficiently. Compared to a paladin or shaman, however, yes, druids and priests are more complex, just because of the number of spells they have to choose from.

Also, you left binding heal out for priests.
    So many alts... so little time.

Let me google for you. No offence.
    "The degree to which a component or system has a design and/or internal structure that is difficult to understand, maintain and verify."

So how would casting time have anything to say?
    This isn't a post I ask who heals best!

And talents, glyphs, I hope people have some kind of knowledge - but if not, you should google.
    Casting time plays a part in complexity and if you do not see that then I doubt any meaningful responses will be accepted by you. Lifebloom which lasts up to 10 seconds with talents and glyph is an instant cast. The very understand of what possibilities the spell offers are based in things like casting time, duration, related talents and glyphs. Also telling people to use google to find the information could be said about the majority of what you posted in your original post.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    I don't know how can you ask about complexity in healing between these two. Both have to target someone and press a sequence of buttons, the only difference is deciding if you're gonna lifebloom 3x the tank or if you're gonna cast SoL-ed FH or greater heal on the target. It's really not as complex as you put it, nor can you compare any other healer's complexity to druids' or priests' because everyone have equally "tough" job and it's finding the target and pushing the (appropriate) heal button.

With druid, it's apparent that they have to stack HoTs in order to reach full potential of their Nourish. With priest, it's apparent they'll blow their CoH + PoM when it's off the cd and Prayer of Healing to top the raid off. It's just about deciding what to use at what situation, it's purely logical and nothing complex tbh if you have your UI set up properly and if you're not an idiot (I'm not saying OP is an idiot, I'm trying to make my point clearer).

Conclusion: neither is complex. What is "complex" is deciding what to heal before the damage occurs. With bossmod timers, it's easy to time the healing spells.
    ^This. Keep your group alive and the job is done. Healing from both of those classes is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    So you say both Priest and Druid healing is easy to maintain?
    Because I kinda feel otherwise, because... With Priest when the damage is done to your friends, you heal either with AoE healing ability or single-target healing spell. Depends on situtation.

But with a Druid you have to maintain, Regrowth, Rejuvenation with Nourish and Lifebloom.

Now, do not think about if that is "easy" or "difficult". Because most things in a game can be easy.

But is it more complex? Yes. I think so, complex how it is built.
    Do you not agree?

I think that some spells should be added to the priests list

Binding heal
    Power word: shield
    Prayer of healing
    Guardian spirit/Pain suppresion
    Hymn of hope (I use this if our dps needs mana and will not need it direly later in the fight etc)
    Two different dispells + mass dispell
    "I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it"

15+ Year Old Account
    Logic is not Automatic, it can be denied.

priets and druids are diffrent play styles.

They both have abilities to heal while running,

They both have stronger abilities while standin still.

The main diffrences is that priets are more of a heal me up now quickly class, haveing most of there abilities instanstly heal the target.

While druid is more HoT based,he heals slowly and builds it up.

Overall a priest can bring himself or a party member to full alot faster than a druid can, Howev if the druid healed him before it wil be a lot harder for the target to die and he will get a nice big heal from lifebloom afterwards.

So basically as example in pvp if u CC priests and try to kill rogue partner but priest's CC ends and he gets 1 sec chance to save him, he will.

If u try to CC druid n kill partner, it has a much less chance to work as he probbly pre-hotted him before,howev if he didn't the druid will need to spam nourish to save target and its not as efficient as priest heals.

Overall they are both complex and interesting playstyles.

It is a bit hard to choose which is more complex, I play druid and never had a high lvl priests, but due the vaster amount of spells for diffrent situations, I would say priest is more complex.

Quote Originally Posted by dakm
    Casting time plays a part in complexity and if you do not see that then I doubt any meaningful responses will be accepted by you. Lifebloom which lasts up to 10 seconds with talents and glyph is an instant cast. The very understand of what possibilities the spell offers are based in things like casting time, duration, related talents and glyphs. Also telling people to use google to find the information could be said about the majority of what you posted in your original post.
    I thought it was clear I feel you focus on "effectivity" and not the "complexity".
    But if you have a Glyph for either Priest or Druid you want to tell us about that would make a Druid or Priest more complex, please tell.

And of course there are talents into play that can make it more complex - but I guess wowhead.com, many knows about can check there themself I would hate to write down every talent point for both Priest and Druid, what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Toogood
    ^This. Keep your group alive and the job is done. Healing from both of those classes is easy.
    Easy is far too overused for discussion about this game. It is not easy to pump out the highest HPS possible (with pre-casting, pre-HOTing, pre-shielding) during 25 Hodir while avoiding falling ice, breaking novas (either through mass dispel or shapeshifting), avoiding flash freeze, covering heals and protecting those caught under ice during frozen blows. It is easy to perform at poor or 'acceptable' levels in most fights. To perform optimally it is never as easy as trolls like yourself like to claim.

I thought it was clear I feel you focus on "effectivity" and not the "complexity".
    But if you have a Glyph for either Priest or Druid you want to tell us about that would make a Druid or Priest more complex, please tell.

And of course there are talents into play that can make it more complex - but I guess wowhead.com, many knows about can check there themself I would hate to write down every talent point for both Priest and Druid, what they do.
    If you do not include effectiveness in complexity then the answer is neither are complex. Just spam your biggest heal on the MT over and over. Any discussion on complexity without looking to perform at your highest effectiveness is a waste of space.

As for people just checking information themselves, what I am asking is why you posted some information that, tbh, is out of context without talents and glyphs and is really no use to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunacy
    I think that some spells should be added to the priests list

Binding heal
    Power word: shield
    Prayer of healing
    Guardian spirit/Pain suppresion
    Hymn of hope (I use this if our dps needs mana and will not need it direly later in the fight etc)
    Two different dispells + mass dispell
    Also, to add to the druids list

Swiftmend
    Nature's Swiftness
    Remove Curse
    Remove/Abolish Poison
    So many alts... so little time.