General Vexaz Hard mode healing question.

Yesterday we had a look at Hard mode of General Vexaz (10man) and my question is how do you heal it? Our plan was that i solo heal the tank until the Add spawn and than switch to Raid healing (usaly 30% mana left) and the other 2 Healer heal the MT and OT. We got the add to 200k and than the other 2 healer went oom, so yeah my question is how do you do it? What do you bring to the raid or we did it wrong in the first place?

(Click on my sig to get to my Armory any advice is welcome ^^)

Re: General Vexaz Hard mode healing question.

I haven't killed General Vexaz on hard mode, yet. But what other healers did you have? I think it's pretty nice to have a disc priest and a druid that can heal. And its really good to have a ench shaman and a retpaly that can help you with some instant heals every now and then.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nas&n=Ishixaph Elemental Shaman PEW PEW LAZER DPS!

Oh yeah forgot.
    2x resto shaman 1x disc priest
    2x prot paladin
    Mage, Shadow Priest, DK, Hunter and one warrior

Did it with a disc priest and druid. Im shaman enhancement and I did a macro to throw some instant heals on General tank. Dps is extremelly important because u have to leave general on v low health when add spawns and also u have to nuke add pretty hard to avoid healers blowing all their mana. We also had a mage and he specced frost for a more mana efficient build.

Im not sure on setup but I think it was
    Tanks - warr (add) and dk (boss)
    DPS - elem and enhancement shaman, frost mage, SPriest, rogue, blood dk
    Healers- disc priest and Druid.

This post on WoWhead.com pretty much sums it up how we did it (note: that is not my post, but we used that tactic after reading it)

We just did this achievement yesterday. It wasnt really a dps fight, we did it even without a shaman, that means no melee buffs, and no bloodlust.

Our setup was:
    - Holy Paladin (Fong)
    - Discipline Priest (Akashi)
    - Resto Druid (Bami)
    - Prot. Warrior (Arees)
    - Frost Mage (Selenia)
    - Combat Rogue (Ibackstabuqq)
    - Arms Warrior (Gfx)
    - Fury Warrior (Endzeit)
    - Feral DPS Druid (Zuuc)

This fight is not a dps race, its a survival and a healing fight which requires the least overhealing possible.

We choose to make 2 camps, 1 melee camp, which is on the boss 100%, and 1 caster camp, @ max range from the boss.

After 4 minutes or so, when all the vapors have spawnd, Vezax will create an add. This add has 2 million hitpoints and we let our warrior tank it aswell, he will get more dmg from that point on.

We managed to create a tactic in which our 3 healers were on 85% mana when the add spawnd.

Holy paladin point of view: We let the Holy paladin walk with the melee. If the holy paladin is with the caster group, he has to move to much due to shadowcrashes and marks. When he was @ the melee group he almost didnt have to move at all, only during kiting, but the tank wont get any dmg. The Healing from the paladin was almost 100% flash of light. Because the tank had Hots and shields on him, the paladin only healed when the tank was below 75% to minimise overhealing.

Discipline priest point of view: Now it gets interesting. The Resto druid and the Discipline do benefit from the black puddles. Basically what the discipline priest does: When a puddle is up, he goes into the puddle, and casts a shield on the main tank. that shield absorbs the same as if you would be standing out of the puddle, but it has its mana cost reduced by 70%. Then, i dont know much about discipline priests, but a discipline priest can gain procs in which his penance is a free cast. At those moments he uses penance. But be sure to not stand in the black puddle, cause the healing output will be reduced by 70% aswell.
    So basically: Stand in puddles to spam shields for 70% mana reduced, and get out of them asap for penance or flash of light.

Resto druid point of view: This is even more interesting, i never healed this fight before, i was always boomkin, i thought resto druids would suck to the max cause of the small mana pool, and the immense spirit regen, and the new lifebloom mechanic. I was FALSE. I was topping healing meters, and my mana was just not going empty! First of all. I used the Rejuvenation idol which has a ~140 reduced mana cost on Rejuvenation. Also, i used the Spark of Hope trinket. Which reduces mana cost by all my spells by 42 mana.
    At the start of the fight, hot up the tank with Rejuvenation and Regrowth. Cause of the discipline priest and the Flash of light spam at some points this will be enough. Wait for a Black puddle. When the Black puddle lands, stand in it, and stack 3 lifeblooms on the maintank. The funny thing is that the healing over time done by lifebloom IS reduced by the black puddle, but the end bloom IS NOT reduced by the black puddle, that still does ~11k non crit on the maintank. This only seems to happen for the maintank.

I was doing some math for this phase:lifebloom costs 744 mana. normally, when u stack 1 lifebloom, and it ends, it gives back ~488 mana. But during this fight, 1 lifebloom only gives back ~244 mana for some reason.
    Then, when u stand in a black puddle, the cost of spells is reduced by 70%. That means my lifebloom only costs 223 mana! And still when it blooms, it will give me 244 mana back!

I tried spamming lifeblooms on the entire raid, cause i thought it would give me more mana back then it costs, but this doenst seem to work. I wasnt gaining mana, i was slowly dying on mana. REALLY SLOWLY.

So basically as a resto druid: Hot the tank up with Rejuvenation 100% (be sure to NOT stand in a black puddle) When a black puddle lands, get into the puddle, and hot the tank with 3x lifebloom, you can also spam lifeblooms on raid members who took little dmg from the drain life. Then get out of the puddle, and be ready to cast a regrowth IF the tank gets low. When the lifebloom ends on the maintank, get in the puddle again and stack 3 more. Just repeat and your mana wont be below 80% when the add spawns.
    Link: http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=3181#comments
    Firstaider, Unity, Jaedenar EU

When our guild did it on 10 man we had the following setup.

Tank: Blood DK
    DPS:Unholy DK, Blood DK, Retri Pala, Enhancment Shaman, Rogue, Hunter, Boomkin
    Healers: Resto Shaman(me), Resto Druid

Phase 1(untill add spawned): I simply kept ES on the tank and our Enhancment and Retri Paladin helped to heal and protect the tank with Sacred Shield and Instant FoL, and the Enhancment shaman with instant HW.
    Druid healed nothing here.
    When add came, druid healed almost everything, he had 100% when add came and i had 50%.
    Then it's just a DPS race so the healer's don't go oom.
    Ez mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Firstaider

At the start of the fight, hot up the tank with Rejuvenation and Regrowth. Cause of the discipline priest and the Flash of light spam at some points this will be enough. Wait for a Black puddle. When the Black puddle lands, stand in it, and stack 3 lifeblooms on the maintank. The funny thing is that the healing over time done by lifebloom IS reduced by the black puddle, but the end bloom IS NOT reduced by the black puddle, that still does ~11k non crit on the maintank. This only seems to happen for the maintank.[/url]
    They're doin it wrong. Stack 2 lifeblooms, step out of puddle and hit third. The ticks will heal for full, as well as the bloom itself.

I realize the WoWhead.com comment isn't flawless. But it certainly contains several useful tips on how to handle this encounter, healing wise that is.
    Firstaider, Unity, Jaedenar EU

Our setup and tactic:

Blood DK (tank)
    Interrupt: Fury Warrior
    Heal: Disc Priest, Resto Druid, Ret Paladin(Art of War proc)
    DD: Elemental Shaman, Mage, Warlock, Shadow Priest, Feral Druid

DK tanks through Surge of Darkness with cooldowns. Priest only shields(stands in Shadow Crash) until Saronite Animus spawns, Ret Paladin uses Art of War procs to FoL the DK tank, Resto Druid is in melee range and auto attacks the boss to get Clearcast procs.

Very good attempts:Vezax at 5-10%, when the Saronite Animus spawns, kill was with Vezax at 30%, when the Animus spawns.

For your setup:
    2x resto shaman 1x disc priest
    2x prot paladin
    Mage, Shadow Priest, DK, Hunter and one warrior

DK and warrior won't need heal during the whole fight.
    I would suggest to play with only one tank, two isn't really neccessary. Two tanks and three healers might be too much.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Btw, isn't it Vezax and not Vexaz?

I'm not positive how we healed it. I know we had a druid and disc priest. Our major trouble was agro. The add that spawn isnt tauntable, making killing him fast a bit tougher.

15+ Year Old Account

Basicly you need resto druid to cheat with lifeblooms..

I tried to cheat with holy paladin speced into judgement of the wise but you got debuff which makes your holy light heal for 2k and crit heal for 3k. It is fair and balanced, bring the player, not class!

Deleted

Regarding druids, nice idea, but not the best.
    You have your resto druid stand in melee range and melee swing vezax through the whole fight, only healing when you have an OoC proc, if you really have to heal the tank, cast a regrowth/rejuve on the tank and use your next OoC proc to cast a lifebloom on the tank, the lifebloom will be free and give you half the mana back meaning you actually gain mana.

Using this method your druid will have 90-100% mana when the animus spawns, at which point he can cover most of the raid healing himself and burn himself to 0mana if needed, since you can repeat the method for free heals until Vezax dies.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklebox
    I'm not positive how we healed it. I know we had a druid and disc priest. Our major trouble was agro. The add that spawn isnt tauntable, making killing him fast a bit tougher.
    Im my setup rogue "missdirected" add to tank, making it easier to start the nuke.

I heard that Demonic Runes work during the general vezax fight. Is there any confirmation?

You lose 1000 hp, and gain 1500 mana.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

Deleted

Dark Runes work for sure, so i'm guessing Demonin Runes work too. We did this a couple days ago and had 1 tank (Pala) a holy pala and 2 tree's healing.

The trees stood in the melee group, avoiding the shadow crash and meleeing general for clearcasting procs

MD and Tricks when the Animus spawned, blow CD's and go from there.

Just need to be careful to keep enough ranged up so that he doesn't decide to Shadow Crash the melee, which with the debuff from the Animus, will one shot anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Euq
    When our guild did it on 10 man we had the following setup.

Tank: Blood DK
    DPS:Unholy DK, Blood DK, Retri Pala, Enhancment Shaman, Rogue, Hunter, Boomkin
    Healers: Resto Shaman(me), Resto Druid

Phase 1(untill add spawned): I simply kept ES on the tank and our Enhancment and Retri Paladin helped to heal and protect the tank with Sacred Shield and Instant FoL, and the Enhancment shaman with instant HW.
    Druid healed nothing here.
    When add came, druid healed almost everything, he had 100% when add came and i had 50%.
    Then it's just a DPS race so the healer's don't go oom.
    Ez mode.
    just confused why you would gimp your DPS with an (almost) full melee crew.

the Runes work but note that they deal Shadow damage and thus buffed by Profound Darkness. i.e. don't use it late into P2 and def not P3 at all.
    Disc Priest is amazing the same reason Druid is: able to do tricks with Shadow Crashes. PW:S isn't affected by the healing reduction of SC so Disc can basically keep a 7k Shield on the MT (and the raid if needed) at a minimal cost.

you really shouldn't be healing the raid at all in P1 as all of the potential raid damage are avoidable (Flames, Crashes, Marks). you can put a class with incidental healing (i.e. VE, HST) in the party to top up 1-2 ticks of Mark.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Neokarasu

10man i love the smell is perfectly 2 healable with disc/restodruid

no idea how hard it would be without that healer combo

in my 10man group i go ele and the moonkin goes resto for this fight
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

bring the player not the class <3 i love this statment

Thanks for the help gonna try it this week with this combination ^^.