Thread: Shockadin :I

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Shockadin :I

well.. just out of curiosity.. u think its possible to get a decent amount of dps in pve as a shockadin these days ?

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sxAzx...xrIzhzI:aThMmc

with a mix of t8 and t7 for exorcism bonuses etc :P

Re: Shockadin :I

Sadly blizzard murdered the shockadin when wrath came out, then gave it back to us for the funnest week every with the exoricsm change, then inadvertently killed it again trying to nerf ret, causing me much pain. It was the most fun way to play a paladin, melee had no choice but to sit there and die, and could even kill a caster or two will a well planned and executed HOJ. This was especially true of the brief exorcism/holy shock version that was ou for a week.

However for pve purposes I see what you mean as exorcism works on pve mobs giving it the one two punch needed for shockadin to work. Just paying around with it myself in heroics I can punch over 2k dps without being hit capped or anything like that, so it can certainly be used to dps heroics although not nearly enough for raid dps.

Your spec covers all the mandatory things needed to work as best as it can in wrath. Just don't need vindication for pve and small things like that. Put it in imp might to help with buffing.

Bug blizzard about restoring judgement of righteousness the way it was or allow a deep holy talent so shockadin can exorcism players. Maybe, just maybe, it will be brought back from the dead. There was no reason to kill it in the first place, hardly anyone used it anyway, lol

No

Its not nor has it ever/will ever be a viable PvE DPS spec

I'm actually running the holy-ret build right now for BG grinding, prefer it over typical arena build for sake of burst at key moments between heals on WSG flag retrievals.

Would never DPS an instance with it, though. It's ret or gtfo.

I've never seen a viable Shockadin raid build, I thought it was mostly a pvp kiting build, and hypothetically speeking what would be the point of being a shockadin in a raid? you could still do more dps by meeleeing all that range would be pointless because you would still have to be right in the mobs face to do maximum dps, in which case you should have just rolled ret.

But what do i know? i'm just a warrior with a scrub level 50 ret pally

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Snikdagit
    I've never seen a viable Shockadin raid build, I thought it was mostly a pvp kiting build, and hypothetically speeking what would be the point of being a shockadin in a raid? you could still do more dps by meeleeing all that range would be pointless because you would still have to be right in the mobs face to do maximum dps, in which case you should have just rolled ret.

But what do i know? i'm just a warrior with a scrub level 50 ret pally
    Shockadin is a spec for a holy paladin to do more damage than a Raid healing spec. It is a spec that lets healers level and solo grind without having to buy dual specs or even build a separate set of gear. All you need is Lots of SP, int and Crit which comes on the gear you want for healing. At 80 it ends up following the usual 51/00/18 +2 build just with a few different talents.

Currently there is very little differences between Shockadin and a Raid healing spec and they are only a few talents in the holy tree. The current Ret talents are taken by both.

Dont confuse the 37/00/34 holy arena build with PVE shockadin. That was a purpose built Arena Utility healing spec. A properly speced and geared Shockadin has every healing talent needed and the proper gear to heal anything their level and gear range.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    No

Its not nor has it ever/will ever be a viable PvE DPS spec
    Try to get your head out of your butt. Your hate for one of the most versatile specs makes you look like a dumbass.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Deleted

I always encourage people to be creative with the game, and HAVE FUN !
    Battlegrounds are our playgrounds, and that is the right place to try out some pvp-oriented hybrid specs.

As soon as I get more PvE and PvP -holy gear, I'm going to spec to Protection-healer.

I dunno if the shockadin is even really viable but I have some gear from naxx 25 and uld I'm gonna break out and play with after reading this and thinking about it (I'm bored anyway)

If I were going to do it I'd be tempted to do this
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sVAzx...rIzhzIb:aT0Mmc

pick up avenging wrath talent in ret for the reduced cd and damage, also pick up might for buffing.

Seeing melee stats are gimped maybe drop the blood glyph and pick up judgement glyph and combo it with seal of righteousness or vengeance by dropping spirit focus and grabbing seals of the pure, I'd do that because the focus of the build would be damage not healing and no knock back worry seeing all are instant cast plus you get the bonus 15% judge effect.

god knows what the result will be but I'm gonna play with it for fun.
    "Your opinion is like an asshole, I don't need to hear it"
    "Just coz it's wrong, doesn't mean it ain't right"
    "The problem with non conformists is they’re all the same."

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally
    Try to get your head out of your butt. Your hate for one of the most versatile specs makes you look like a dumbass.
    Versatility /= DPS
    You don't take a Shaman doing half everyone's DPS just because they bring a decent amount of buffs
    You don't take a Pally doing half everyone's DPS and bringing WORSE utility than if they were full DPS or full healing spec

You can say they have almost equal healing ability, but they don't
    They lack Glyph of Holy Light, and to be serious about DPS they would have to go JotW Holy, you don't have the tools to play a DPS spec, without going half way through another DPS spec, thus losing the major tools that you're supposed to bring to the raid as your spec

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    Versatility /= DPS
    You don't take a Shaman doing half everyone's DPS just because they bring a decent amount of buffs
    You don't take a Pally doing half everyone's DPS and bringing WORSE utility than if they were full DPS or full healing spec

You can say they have almost equal healing ability, but they don't
    They lack Glyph of Holy Light, and to be serious about DPS they would have to go JotW Holy, you don't have the tools to play a DPS spec, without going half way through another DPS spec, thus losing the major tools that you're supposed to bring to the raid as your spec

Yep.. You're a dumbass.

Shockadin are healers not instance DPS. They dont post in LFG as DPS, they dont raid as dps.

So, essentially what you're saying is..

You want to play a subpar healing spec so you can grind?
    You're not getting in my raids. Get dual spec you lazy bum.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    So, essentially what you're saying is..

You want to play a subpar healing spec so you can grind?
    You're not getting in my raids. Get dual spec you lazy bum.
    Nothing Sub par about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthets
    2500ish dps in BiS or so I guess
    I really don't know how that would be possible. In my holy gear I have about 2.2K SP, 21K mana and about 35% holy crit. I even glyphed for Exorcism, Judgement and Holy Shock and the BEST I could put out was about 1.6K DPS. I have Life and Death as a 1H and the Protective Barricade shield.

Granted my gear is not BiS, but it's not all that far from it. I don't see how the minimal increase in SP, crit and haste would generate another 900 DPS.

I have always loved the Shockadin build as a 'fun' spec to play, if serving no other realistic purpose. Sadly, I am forced to say that it really is dead now.

Nothing Sub par about it.
    So tell me..

What IS your intention?
    Why can't you just play holy and play your class to the fullest?

The way I see it, any paladin with the above mentioned spec will perform horribly, dps or healing.

The shockadin is dead.. Live with it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    So tell me..

What IS your intention?
    Why can't you just play holy and play your class to the fullest?

The way I see it, any paladin with the above mentioned spec will perform horribly, dps or healing.

The shockadin is dead.. Live with it.
    The OP's Spec isnt the best. There are several ways to spec shockadin.

I copied this spec from someone on the Wow Forums and It is the best spec i have ever used.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...0&version=9947

Try to get your head out of your ass and be less of an elitist prick.

For reference on the subject of a "viable" shockadin build, please refer to the thousand other threads of people laughing and/or crying about the idea. Crying, of course, meaning that it is a dead spec for offense in PvP and is essentially worthless in PvE. It's ret or nothing. Nobody wants a sub-par dead-spec class in their group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

This dood isn't gonna learn till he gets no invites to anything other then pugsfails, leave him be. I'm not saying you wouldn't be able to do anything at all, but you would be far far far, inferior to every other correctly talented pally in the group, and badly.

If you can't afford 1000g for dual spec, you should probly think about why you would need this kind of spec in the first place, grinding. What does grindin/pharmin do? MAKES YOU MONEY. So you can go buy dual spec, and get real holy and real ret, and then make even more money to get a speedy bird to do guess what, MAKE MOAR MONEIS!!

Please to be removing your own skull from thine own prosterior angle good sir!

Shockadins are gone. Very simple why, it was never intended to be viable in the first place and was corrected long ago. The spec is dead barring any sweeping talent tree changes, so please let it go once and for all. Nobody that has a clue cares about it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Whitcher
    For reference on the subject of a "viable" shockadin build, please refer to the thousand other threads of people laughing and/or crying about the idea. Crying, of course, meaning that it is a dead spec for offense in PvP and is essentially worthless in PvE. It's ret or nothing. Nobody wants a sub-par dead-spec class in their group.
    Ret is a sub par healer and tank and shouldnt be taken anywhere as such.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Proffessor
    This dood isn't gonna learn till he gets no invites to anything other then pugsfails, leave him be. I'm not saying you wouldn't be able to do anything at all, but you would be far far far, inferior to every other correctly talented pally in the group, and badly.

If you can't afford 1000g for dual spec, you should probly think about why you would need this kind of spec in the first place, grinding. What does grindin/pharmin do? MAKES YOU MONEY. So you can go buy dual spec, and get real holy and real ret, and then make even more money to get a speedy bird to do guess what, MAKE MOAR MONEIS!!

Please to be removing your own skull from thine own prosterior angle good sir!
    Whatever Troll. Name one healing talent i dont have in the spec i posted.

Whatever Troll. Name one healing talent i dont have in the spec i posted.
    Thats not even close to the old shockadin spec for starters?