Thread: {UI} Bar mods!

{UI} Bar mods!

Since BC I've been using default blizzard bars because it always seems like using bartender/bongos/dominoes creates a small but noticeable amount of lag when shifting in and out of forms.

Specifically, I remember dying in arena a couple times because after shifting travel > cancelform > travel > tree the lag stacked up and instead of hitting my button for NS + HT it would either hit another key/not even cast the spell for a good 2s (including the 1.5s GCD).

Any suggestions on a barmod that won't give this problem?

Honestly, efficacy > looks...but I'm tired of that standard blizzard frame limiting my other UI options.

Re: {UI} Bar mods!

I've used CT_Barmod and Bartender. The latter being the one I stuck with and have appreciated the most.

EDIT: Grrr ... just realized someone complained about my PedoBear seal of approval pic and got it banned from my Photobucket account less then 24 hrs of me putting it on. /chuckle

Same, I'd suggest going with Bartender.

Bartender wins, it's very easy to keybind and customize!

Bartender + ButtonFacade
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

another option (which is strikingly similar to bartender in looks and setup, or at least it was) is Dominos. i switched to it when bartender broke and hadnt been updated, and havent gone back since, mostly because i have had no issues with it and i dont want to reset all my stuff up again.

buttonfacade is a great addition as well.

I've never arena'd but I do use Dominos and I do not notice any lag.

I vouch for it's customizability and simple visuals. I do miss Bongos tho (domino's predecessor, a lot more customizable).

dominoes and bartender are pretty much the same. There's nothing else you can do with bar mods besides change keybindings, colums/rows, number of buttons, stance modifiers, spacing and padding, position, and extra addon integration. Both dominoes and bartender have these so it really doesn't matter what you use. I think bartender is more popular just because it's been around forever.