Thread: Arena help

Tacobug

Arena help

anyone that can give me a few tips against druids in arena, since the last patch?
    im having loaaads of troubles now
    they nerf our mobility, they buff their survivability, they have bigger chance to stay alive now, while being able to spam cc
    unless i get a paladin (wich is my only other option to avoid CC spammage, since priests arent really that great with a warrior) i cant really do anything to them, root, root, root, DR, cyclone, cyclone, cyclone, DR, root, root, root
    i spellreflect them often, but that only procs 2GCDs and a swing timer reset for me, while it does pretty much nothing to him since i havent done any dmg around.

id also like some vs Rogue/priest
    this setup is pretty much impossible to beat, the rogue goes on me, i have to turtle or die, my partner cant LoS the mana burns due to having to spam heal, and i cant really stop the priest thx to getting stunlocked and 70% crippling > 50% hamstring crap
    i turtle, i lose most of my dmg, i try to keep MS up and revenge him to death, but it gets pretty much dodge 90% of the time
    retalliation is pretty easily avoided,
    they spam cc my partner, blind -> trinket, kill tremor -> fear, stealth -> sap
    or they pretty much oom him out, the rogue doesnt even need to be healed, while he keeps all his damage at 100% in evasion, i have to sacrifice loads of my dmg in defensive stance...
    and if i actually manage to get one of them at low hp, i get either stunlocked away from his healer,
    or the rogue vanishes away or blinds me

i got 706 resi, 24.8k hp, 3/5 hatefull, 1/5 deadly, 1/5 furious, and i got the furious axe

i have given a big summary on what happens to me in arena vs these comps, is there any way
    or any pointers i could use to beat those teams, or atleast have a chance to win.

dont tell me, get a druid, get a paladin.
    and yes, i do know i every team has countercomps, but PR and druids are in 95% of the games

Re: Arena help

l

against a druid u wanna kill where there's not HoTs. If the druid isn't HoT'd then kill him and visa versa with his partner. constant target changes are needed in order to find the right opportunity. tunnel vision doesnt work against ANY good healer.

vs a rogue/priest i generally try and beat down on the rogue, using my charge/intercept as often as i can to break the mana burn, you should be hitting the rogue pretty damn hard which will force the priest to bubble and heal him, BAM then is when u hit the priest. rinse and repeat.

there's no formula, u just gotta look for an opportunity

Balls Deep!!

i got the same problem pretty much, theres no solution to your problem
    these ARE your counter comps, shaman/warr is good vs double dps, and a low cc team
    your tactics should consist of Pure and constant pressure.

against rogue/priest you need to play veeeery aggresive on the rogue, Intervene your partner, then charge the rogue, get a stun off, and you can easily put a MS on him without it being dodged.
    the priest then need to spam heal the rogue to stay alive
    ofc this is a flawed tactic, because rogues have a million abilities to take little to no dmg for a long period of time, wich allows the priest to spam mana burn.

toss in a disarm whenever you can, going for the priest while the rogue is on you = useless
    70% crippling poison is a slap in the face.
    so you either pressure the rogue then, or turtle and watch your healer go oom fast

vs druids, what Avestheman said
    attack whomever doesnt have hots, target switching will oom the druid
    but with a shaman you just get spam CCed until your partner is dead, i try to tell my partner to stay close to me, so i can still hit the one attacking him, this will keep the pressure up, forcing the druid to heal instead of CC

these fights are based on luck, and exploiting your opponents mistakes
    theres no solid tactic
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

trust me, playing with a shaman will make u feel like you suck so much more than you probably do.
    It's just a very weak comp when the match is played out for more than a few minutes.

Big problem with priest/rogue is by attacking the warrior, it shuts out his DPS, and will send the shaman oom between random mana burns and just the fact that nothing should be attack him the whole time, never proccing watershield.

You gotta play to your comps advantage...Agression. lots and lots of it. But, that leads to another huge problem i had playing with a shaman. I see the team, Im ready to run across the map and start beating on shit before they can set stuff up, but my shaman insisted on bringing them to us for totems, which instantly slows momentum before it starts. Maybe that was just my partner though.

It's not a bad comp, but honestly, you can play everything right, and a stronger comp can still win without doing anything exceptional.

Tacobug

i do know my comp is based on Pure offensive actions,
    i have 43-23 win/lose ratio, my shaman is wearing some frost resistance craftable to boost his stamina >.<
    but we are doing fairly well vs double dps, and any other healer/dps combo other then a priest/rogue or X/druid

but i do have to admit, we were rather lucky a few times.
    and since X/Druid and Priest/Rogue is so high in the charts right now and so many of those setups are in arena right now i feel as if shaman/warrior is gimped... i do love playing shaman warrior, vs a priest combined with any other class other then a rogue its easy to keep surpression up, but rogues have just to much avoidance to pressure it.

so what you are trying to say is, i either live with it, or get another partner, AKA druid or paladin?

focus cast bar and spell reflect are your friends.
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacobug
    i spellreflect them often, but that only procs 2GCDs and a swing timer reset for me, while it does pretty much nothing to him since i havent done any dmg around.
    *hint*
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

First of all war/sham is the weakest war/healer combo right now You're going to have to outplay and outposition the other team. You are dependent on your shaman being exceptional.

Killing a druid? You've got to be able to put a ton of pressure on him or don't bother. Obvious stuff - keep your rend and ms up pray for a UA opportunity (harder to get on them because of all the instant casts but it happens) a bladestorm when he roots you will mean you win usually.

Rogue is on you? He should always have demo shout, thunderclap, and piercing howl debuffs - don't even bother hamstringing a rogue. Retaliation is OP just don't let him get behind you - a bad rogue will kill himself in seconds when you pop retaliation.

However - versus pretty much all popular comps you're going to lose if everything else is equal. If you can't put out a ton of pressure you're going to lose. You can't outlast versus any other healer.

I'm not saying dump your partner - I'm just saying take pride in your wins you earned it. FOTM comps have a lot of gimmie wins that require no skill - if you do well you know you're good not just taking advantage.