Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Aesir's Edge - Tank or Dps

The wonderfull Aesir's Edge.. (stats is noted in the end of the post)

I'm a Death knight tank, Capped expertise and hit rating..

An Unholy DPS Death knight rolled for Aesir's Edge, and won (We roll for drops in 10man and dont pay dkp, but that has changed now after that happening cause of the ilvl)

Now, the sword will give me as main tank in the guild, Much more TPS. It's a great sword for tanking since im capped

The sword will give more dmg for the DPS Death knight.

He had Betrayer from before, I have Worldcarver

Who do you think should get it? Me or him

Stats for the sword

Aesir's Edge
    670-1005 Damage, 3.60 Speed
    (232.6 damage per second)
    +113 Strength
    +141 Stamina
    [ ] Red Socket
    [ ] Blue Socket
    Socket Bonus: 6 str
    Requires Level 80
    Equip: Increases your armor penetration rating by 64
    Equip: Increases your critical strike rating by 81
    ItemLevel: 232
    80 Death Knight
    80 Rogue
    80 Priest

Re: Aesir's Edge - Tank or Dps

If it's an upgrade, it's an upgrade. And he won.

whoever won the roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheaven
    If it's an upgrade, it's an upgrade. And he won.
    This.

As you've said, your rules are to roll, and roll you did. Switching to DKP is the best bet to avoid issues like this.

Tbh, it's nothing we can tell you because we ain't in your guild, if u have complains speak with ur raid leader for that run or your guildmaster.

It's a good upgrade for both dps and tank I guess he won, and u QQ. Speak with ur GM or RL.

Uh, if you're using Worldcarver you should save DKP and pass on any other weapon unless you intend to use it for DPS. While you would gain stamina, you would also be losing 10.61 expertise skill and would see a large loss in TPS. Even if you're Human, Worldcarver offer superior threat stats.

Also as for being 'expertise capped' you're most likely only soft capped. Bosses dodge upward of 16%. Don't give up a best-in-slot tanking item for a great DPS item. This isn't a question of 'if it's an upgrade, it's an upgrade', this would be a downgrade for you.

IMO dps weapons should go to DPS first. If you're having threat issues I doubt your weapon is your only problem. There are a lot of substitutes that would certainly suffice for tanking.

If you really want a tanking weapon, get an 1850 rating, it would trump every pve weapon you could get your hands on for tanking.

Considering Aesir's edge is one of the best DK tank weapons in the game at the moment I'd say what the others said.. whoever won the roll.
    biym

So it is a DPS weapon?
    80 Death Knight
    80 Rogue
    80 Priest

It's a DPS, or Tanking weapon, just as all DK weapons are... Aesir's has more stamina, but also has a lot of wasted itemization compared to Worldcarver, which you already have. If you 'upgraded' to Aesir's you'd need to go find another 87 expertise rating to make up for the tasty amount on Worldcarver. You'd probably wind up dropping your health to do so and wind up with worse stats due to itemization differences...

Quote Originally Posted by Lifepain
    So it is a DPS weapon?
    it serves as both as DK's are pidgeon holed into using 2 handers for tanking.

Do you see Defense rating on it?

No, it's a dps weapon that serves as a tanking weapon for DK's. I think the system is broken but whatever. If you want tanking weapons make a dual wielding tanking build.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    It's a DPS, or Tanking weapon, just as all DK weapons are..
    There are no tanking 2 handers. Death knights tank with 2 handed dps weapons.

That is all.

Its nice for tanks with 2 sockets and 140 stam. So either way, i would probably give it to the one who have the worst current weapon

And beside i dont see why you got Worldcarver in the first place O.o

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Celebess
    Tbh, it's nothing we can tell you because we ain't in your guild, if u have complains speak with ur raid leader for that run or your guildmaster.

It's a good upgrade for both dps and tank I guess he won, and u QQ. Speak with ur GM or RL.
    He didnt QQ, he had a fair question. Read well.

Hehe.
    "It's a DPS, or Tanking weapon, just as all DK weapons are.." - Me.

"No, it's a dps weapon that serves as a tanking weapon for DK's." - Adamson

Semantics are fun!

Hehe.
    "It's a DPS, or Tanking weapon, just as all DK weapons are.." - Me.

"No, it's a dps weapon that serves as a tanking weapon for DK's." - Adamson

Semantics are fun!
    I enjoy this game!

"I was under the impression it was like all DK tanking weapons, or their equivalent DPS weapons, in-as-far as their being two handed."

I am happy for him, and i have 42 expertise rating..blah blah blah..anyway he got it i get it next week. apperantly, its the most common drop on XT hard mode on our server (6 guilds have done it, 4 of them have the sword) on Khadgar - EU
    80 Death Knight
    80 Rogue
    80 Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Lifepain
    I am happy for him, and i have 42 expertise rating..blah blah blah..anyway he got it i get it next week. apperantly, its the most common drop on XT hard mode on our server (6 guilds have done it, 4 of them have the sword) on Khadgar - EU
    If you have Worldcarver, the only upgrade is Dark Edge of Depravity off hard mode 25 man Yogg-Saron. You may also piss off a few Hunters, but that's the only upgrade to Worldcarver.

Uh, if you're using Worldcarver you should save DKP and pass on any other weapon unless you intend to use it for DPS. While you would gain stamina, you would also be losing 10.61 expertise skill and would see a large loss in TPS. Even if you're Human, Worldcarver offer superior threat stats.

Also as for being 'expertise capped' you're most likely only soft capped. Bosses dodge upward of 16%. Don't give up a best-in-slot tanking item for a great DPS item. This isn't a question of 'if it's an upgrade, it's an upgrade', this would be a downgrade for you.
    This is not correct. Bosses PARRY upward of 16%.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Seeing as this weapon lacks expertise and/or agi, I'd probably prefer this to a dps first. The sockets and stam aren't bad for a DK tank but there's certainly better out there.

So, I'd probably give this to a warrior first, but so much dps plate appears to have ArP on it in Ulduar.