Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: How do you recognize when your Art of War procs?

its always up lol

/castrandom crusader strike, flash of light

lol.

SPAM.

i am jk but this would work, so long as you're moving

/cast flash of light
    /stopmacro
    /cast crusader strike

?
    not tested, but i think thats the same thing just only casting flashes if theyre instant.

anyways, feel free to be lazy in any way you possibly can. but instant flash may still interrupt your swing timer, im not sure

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

I have to agree with most of the previous posts: In a raid setting, it's basically always up, since your chance to crit skyrockets anyway.

PvP-wise, it depends on the situation. In BGs I had it most of the time I needed it when playing Ret, no real reason to track it at least. In Arenas this might be different, but judging from my experience (Holy Pally) my Ret teammate seems to have it quite reliably when I need it (facing Double DPS or in one of those nasty DK-lockout combos).

If you absolutely need to track it, I'd use Power Auras.

15+ Year Old Account

I use Elkanos Buffbars and filter out art of war and other random proc abilities and move them to an easy location to see. If you look right above my character's unit frame you will see the art of war proc on a green bar. Pretty simple to set up too.

PowerAuras is probably the best way to show it
    You don't really need a bar/timer since it refreshes most of the time

I do exactly the same thing, Swampmoose. It's also really handy to whitelist fight specific buffs for encounters like Hodir.

On the offchance you already use or are thinking of using Satrinas Buff Frames (an amazing addon) You can simply create a new buff bar, set it to say 1.3/4 scale, limit it to 5-6 buffs and put it in the center of your screen under your characters feet. And set the filters to buffs whitelist, and enter n=name where name is the buff you want to track in the filters section. That way when you get a proc it's a large buff icon under your feet, takes up not a lot of screen space and uses an addon you were already using. Plus shows CD on the buff.

Nao!!!

Nug Running will give you cooldown bars for Art of war.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ugRunning.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rashgarroth
    Power Auras, use it, love it.

http://hdimage.org/images/1zta0508flc8tkq0uoog_7.png

See the images around my character are representation of buffs currently active.

The skull shows Sudden Death and the Lines represent Overpower.

You can modify to show any buff currently on you with a corresponding aura, the mod is very customizable.
    gief your font, PLX! =)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    /castrandom crusader strike, flash of light

lol.

SPAM.

i am jk but this would work, so long as you're moving

/cast flash of light
    /stopmacro
    /cast crusader strike

?
    not tested, but i think thats the same thing just only casting flashes if theyre instant.

anyways, feel free to be lazy in any way you possibly can. but instant flash may still interrupt your swing timer, im not sure
    That wouldn't be a good macro, because you are prioratizing FoL casts over CS casts, I.E. it will always use FoL first it it's instant.

And if it is instant it won't interrupt your swing timer.

15+ Year Old Account

That macro is the biggest waste of DPS time I've ever seen. For one, you have no target, so you have to manually change targets, then change back to the mob you are attacking for it to even do anything. Second, if you are spamming a FoL macro, you are just wasting GCDs where you should be DPSing.

L2 Grid+Clique and use the AoW procs when you need them, not just because you CAN use them.

I use RoguePowerBars for all of my toons, they're timer bars that track what buffs you want (art of war, sacred shield duration, sacred shield proc for crit bonus) and the debuffs you put on your target, (repent, hoj etc). My art of war proc shows up as a bright green timer bar above my spells that counts down from 10, i usually try to pop the flash of light when i see BOTH art of war AND sacred shield crit bonus up.
    amg no sig?!

I'll be damned if I am ever going to use a mod that has the word "rogue" in it. I'd delete my character first.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

I notice it whenever I crit...cause when I crit, it procs. I crit often...it's usually up. Crit. It's up.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

SCT tells me
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

I've got a seperate Elk Buffbar with alpha set to 40% and mouse clicking disable in the middle of my screen. Filtering it to Art of War displays it very nice and clean.

I use Power Auras Classic, and have a small + sign below my character along with a timer for how long is left on it.

Pretty much always have that up

Power Aura is definitely the best way to tell with minimal effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashgarroth
    Power Auras, use it, love it.

http://hdimage.org/images/1zta0508flc8tkq0uoog_7.png

See the images around my character are representation of buffs currently active.

The skull shows Sudden Death and the Lines represent Overpower.

You can modify to show any buff currently on you with a corresponding aura, the mod is very customizable.
    Same, I use PowerAuras and mine is set with a nice big yellow icon and a Timer to show how long it has before it drops off right over my Player portrait(also moved down just above my action bars via Xperl).
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned