Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Long time Holy Paladin looking for assistance.

I also just noticed that the other Paladin is judging Light which is cheap way of getting higher on the healing meters. If you look at him, Judgement of Light was his 2nd highest healing spell. If you have a Ret Paladin in the raid then for NO reason should a Holy be judging light.

Thanks for your help Draenon. I'm definitely going to use HL much MUCH more and make sure I am utilizing Beacon better. I think this will make a huge difference. I made sure to reglyph to HL and SoW as well.

Here's to hoping I can make it work Thanks again, so much, for all of your help!

Holy light.
    It seems very wasteful, but try using holy light almost exclusively. You have enough haste to make HL extremely fast once light's grace is up. Keep judging to get your 15% additional haste - this is even more important when using HL. Beacon the tank that is not near the melee and direct heal the tank on current target so that melee gets the splash heals. Try to avoid divine plea as much as possible. If you can get away using it only while your wings are up, that helps a little bit. I only use FoL during mobility fights after holy shock procs Infusion of light.

Your glyphs and spec are fine - once you get used to HL playstyle, your numbers will go up.

btw - you would be beating the other pally if you were the one judging light. Since you guys don't have a ret, your prot pally should probably judge it since he'll guarentee 100% uptime and his will heal more. Also, he can spec 5/5 divinity which helps... not sure what he's doing specing all the way up into crusade but I'm no tank. Anyhoot - both of the holy pallys can judge wis and you'll see very different numbers.

I'm glad we were all able to help!!! There's no worse feeling than knowing you're a good player and not being able to pinpoint what the issue is. Good luck with this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ailani
    here is the link to my wws report for that evening...

http://wowwebstats.com/zq2n6wvoewqwg?a=x400000002742c68

I could definitely just be reading it wrong. How do you find out the effective healing off of this?
    It does also show me that I need to keep beacon up better and use more HL instead of FoL so I will work on changing those.
    Ok, the WWS helps to clarify a lot. A few thoughts here...
    - Not enough Holy Light. Paladins are tank healers, and stuff here hits HARD. Many pally tank healing fights are, sadly, little more than spamming HL for the entire fight. To say the least, though, you're casting WAY too much FoL and not enough HL.
    - Not keeping Beacon up enough. It looks like you are having very poor uptime on Beacon. This has a large impact over time, both on your general effectiveness as a healer to help out offtanks or spot raid healing, and also on the meters. This alone accounts for almost 3 million total healing difference over the span of the raid.
    - Judgement of Light. The other paladin is doing it and you're not. It's a *HUGE* portion of the raid healing. It's also something that should NOT be done by a holy paladin when you have a prot pally tanking for you. The prot pally should be doing JoL - he judges more, and his heals will be bigger anyway. Holy pallies should be judging wisdom when there's a prot (or preferably, a ret) pally in the raid.
    - Stripping out the Beacon uptime and the Judgement of Light, your total healing difference for the raid was not much more than about 10% effective healing. Although if the other pally starts spamming more HL the way he should be, his effective healing will come up too. (Erm, minor correction - for some reason, the other pally seems to be mostly raid healing, so he probably shouldn't use much HL. However, you're tank healing on the prot pally - spam that HL and keep your beacon up. )

I hope that helps a little. I won't repeat all the good glyph suggestions in the thread already.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&n=Vexryn

Thanks so much everyone!

I'm definitely going to start using HL more, even if it means taking FoL off my bar for a while lol! It's so hard to get used to doing it one way for so long for me to switch, just gotta realize times have changed and that means so must I!

So keep Beacon going, use HL and make sure to judge for haste buff, only FoL when HS procs and instant (mostly), change glyphs to HL and either Beacon or Divinity.. did I miss anything?

Nope that seems right, this is almost my exact heal style and it has always worked great for me. BTW don't get down if some of the other healers beat you on the meters, your job i'm assuming is probably tank healing and there are very few if any instances where a tank takes as much dmg as the raid does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailani
    Thanks so much everyone!

I'm definitely going to start using HL more, even if it means taking FoL off my bar for a while lol! It's so hard to get used to doing it one way for so long for me to switch, just gotta realize times have changed and that means so must I!

So keep Beacon going, use HL and make sure to judge for haste buff, only FoL when HS procs and instant (mostly), change glyphs to HL and either Beacon or Divinity.. did I miss anything?
    The only time you should be using flash of light is in conjunction with a flash crit + infusion of light, even then, i just get an auto-crit HL out of it instead (or near it)

Aim for ~1.4s cast Holy light when raid buffed + JotP is up, which is really easy to do, then start aiming for a little more crit, while always gemming for intellect, nothing but, Jewelcrafting helps with this.... for now...

Basic rotation: HL,HL,HL,HL,HL,HL,HL,HL,HL,HL,HL,HL,HL,HL,HL,HL,HL by now you may be getting lower on mana, pop divine plea, and continue spamming, illumination is also a nice way to keep your mana up.

Also, you can use flashes on fights like Razorscale, shock the fireball and FoL the next.