So, about those Ret-To-Not-Faceroll Changes....

Remember when Ghostcrawler said that Ret's rotation would be made more complicated, and you guys would no longer be considered a faceroll class?

It's interesting, Slorkuz of the EU forum's reply to this question of "When is Ret going to get changed" was...

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

In general, we're feeling pretty good about class balance right now. Paladins and Death Knights have undergone many changes and are far more balanced now than they were prior to 3.1. We might need to make a few more minor tweaks to Death Knights and Retribution Paladins, but we do not foresee any major class balance changes for these classes coming in patch 3.2.
    Anyone else having a WTF moment?
    right wel i can insurance u i dnt hav down syndrome so u can stop sayin stupid stuff lyk that
    --Hennrehh

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    Crying is easier than trying.
    Just remember, folks. If you use Armory to look up my character, just to make your e-peen larger, it just makes my points more valid.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: So, about those Ret-To-Not-Faceroll Changes....

i gave up 2-3 weeks ago, btw we got the message little over a month ago.

and now blizz keeps fueling the forums with ''issues''
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

They must have found something better to do with their time? I was pretty excited about the claimed up coming changes and that blue post dampens my spirits a bit
    Halloween (2007) (Dr. Samuel L. Loomis):
    These eyes will deceive you, they will destroy you. They will take from you, your innocence, your pride, and eventually your soul. These eyes do not see what you and I see. Behind these eyes one finds only blackness, the absence of light, these are of a psychopath

Quote Originally Posted by Antiqueth
    Remember when Ghostcrawler said that Ret's rotation would be made more complicated, and you guys would no longer be considered a faceroll class?

It's interesting, Slorkuz of the EU forum's reply to this question of "When is Ret going to get changed" was...

In general, we're feeling pretty good about class balance right now. Paladins and Death Knights have undergone many changes and are far more balanced now than they were prior to 3.1. We might need to make a few more minor tweaks to Death Knights and Retribution Paladins, but we do not foresee any major class balance changes for these classes coming in patch 3.2.
    AND THAT'S WHY EVERY PALADIN EITHER IS A RAIDING ALT, OR HAS A RAIDING ALT.

pallywhat? I use mine to sell stuff on the AH now lol

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by jaytho23
    AND THAT'S WHY EVERY PALADIN EITHER IS A RAIDING ALT, OR HAS A RAIDING ALT.
    HUH???

I love my paladin, have since Vanilla WoW and I can't fathom playing another character to 80 and raid on it. I have a 6 level 65 toons I used RAF to get to 60 so I could have every profession covered on characters but they'll never be a main.

Regardless of what Blizz changes (or doesn't) to the paladin class, I'll continue to play one.

A disappointment, really.

the question we should be asking to ourselves is: do we (the paladin community) want our "rotation" (if u can call the FCFS a rotation) to be changed into something more complicated? tbh im really ok with how things are now

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

15+ Year Old Account

instead of blowing 4 attacks in a row, i'd like to see a more stable kind of dps for pve. sometimes i have to wait several seconds before i can use another attack. thats bad... m'kay

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    instead of blowing 4 attacks in a row, i'd like to see a more stable kind of dps for pve. sometimes i have to wait several seconds before i can use another attack. thats bad... m'kay
    Another attack!

Divine strike!

15+ Year Old Account

I've learned not to listen to the European mods.

Either way.. It'd be nice if ret had something like the stormstrike debuff except for holy damage.

Deleted

I actually see that as a good thing to happen occasionally - allows the usage of your utility spells without a DPS loss.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Another attack!

Divine strike!
    thats also an option. give us a talent which has a short cast time that we can put into our rotation. comparable to slam or w/e.

Quote Originally Posted by Rammurg
    I actually see that as a good thing to happen occasionally - allows the usage of your utility spells without a DPS loss.
    if everything goes well, we dont have to use any utility. but then again, nothing goes perfect. the use of utility should be at the cost of dps. it should be a choice. survive by using DS/Dsacrifice, or keep on dps'ing in the hope mob goes down before ppl drop dead

thats also an option. give us a talent which has a short cast time that we can put into our rotation. comparable to slam or w/e.
    Yeah but you know it would reset the swing timer hardcore. Which with current mechanics that would have to hit really hard to make up for the loss.

Sadly, though that MIGHT be a buff in PvE, depending on the whole Swing Timer thing as stated, it would be pretty useless in PvP, since Cast Time + Melee = Target is out of range. Though then again, what has Ret gotten in PvP lately, that hasn't been taken away/useless?
    right wel i can insurance u i dnt hav down syndrome so u can stop sayin stupid stuff lyk that
    --Hennrehh

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    Crying is easier than trying.
    Just remember, folks. If you use Armory to look up my character, just to make your e-peen larger, it just makes my points more valid.

Phase 1: Ret Paladins are bad, everyone else makes fun of us for being bad.
    Phase 2: Ret Paladins are good, everyone cries about us being good.
    Phase 3: ??

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Phase 1: Ret Paladins are bad, everyone else makes fun of us for being bad.
    Phase 2: Ret Paladins are good, everyone cries about us being good.
    Phase 3: Ret Paladins get nerfed, while Ferals, Rogues and Warriors get buffed. No one plays Ret anymore.

Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiqueth

They don't necessarily have to mess with class balance to change the mechanics behind ret. Ret pve sustained/burst damage is pretty much spot on, it's pvp burst that's too good and needs mechanic changes so they don't screw the entire class (again) with damage nerfs to "balance" pvp burst.

This is just disappointing for real ???

Sigh~ Blizzard can be so gay at some critical moments, really..

Made by myself while I'm bored..

Quote Originally Posted by grymgroeth
    They don't necessarily have to mess with class balance to change the mechanics behind ret. Ret pve sustained/burst damage is pretty much spot on, it's pvp burst that's too good and needs mechanic changes so they don't screw the entire class (again) with damage nerfs to "balance" pvp burst.
    No, the changes GC was talking about involved actually giving ret paladins a rotation and thus (probably) some degree of interaction between abilities; that's pretty much a major overhaul to the spec. Minor tweaks!=completely changing how the spec works.