Gemming for haste?

I'm still learning how to play my shaman and I've been trying to pool my information to figure out what's best for me.

This is my shaman: Jebaliah

I plan on gemming the boot and bracers with Runed Scarlet Rubies and enchanting the boots with Icewalker. We have a boomkin with improved faerie fire and being alliance, my hit is at the appropriate level, adding Icewalker will put me over. When I get a better elemental helm, I'll be changing my meta, I just had this one sitting in the bank on a different character.

When reading the sticky Elemental FAQ, it says to use chain lightning until I have 530++ haste, and so I have been. But my haste is only at 507 and that is with 5 gems donating 8 haste each. Since my haste is still low, is it acceptable to gem for haste or should I still gem for straight spell power?
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Re: Gemming for haste?

If your hit capped, gem for pure Spell power and nothing else

The haste will come with gear.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Yes haste comes with gear but first of all focus on your hit cap, spell power then haste.
    My advice is to reach around 2.2k~2.4k spell power unbuffed then work on haste sacrificing some spell power.

I might be wrong but ideally you want to get around 550 haste to fill in a LB before FS refreshes, so once it's up you will only lose the extra LB to apply FS>LvB combo and you will not need CL to fill that gap.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

spellpower scales nicely with bloodlust, haste doesnt

Quote Originally Posted by tears
    ??? ??? and your point is??

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

my point is exactly what i wrote? sorry if i misunderstood the topic "gemming for haste?" -question somehow

my point is exactly what i wrote? sorry if i misunderstood the topic "gemming for haste?" -question somehow
    Do you even read what he asks for?
    Hmm yess!! a cocky race starts..kgo!

jesus...

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Since my haste is still low, is it acceptable to gem for haste or should I still gem for straight spell power?
    and quoting myself

i presume that the OP has enough of thoughts to get the primary idea out of my post despite of your actions / questions / comments

Oh god...
    I find your lack of win disturbing.
    May the fail be with you.

SIGHHHH...

Quote Originally Posted by nadal
    Do you even read what he asks for?
    Hmm yess!! a cocky race starts..kgo!

jesus...
    You're a tool. His post was perfectly understandable

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Yes... cause those 40 seconds is most important part of 5 minutes fight!

Yes, cause haste from your gear 'doesnt work while bloodlust is up' and it's not multiplicated at all!

Yes, answering with one sentence (which seems to be unfinished) is great way to provide an answer!

Yes... you're most annoying person on shaman forum tears, that i have to admit.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

well haste overall starts to eat itself when u pass certain amount of it and if you cba to sim it, spellpower is always the way to go :>

thanks for the title btw

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

well haste overall starts to eat itself when u pass certain amount of it and if you cba to sim it, spellpower is always the way to go :>

thanks for the title btw
    You see,w hat you said no, has sense, and is a good response to question :P

Thats another title to collection, i wouldnt mind one on my character sheet.