10+ Year Old Account

Getting in to Outland

Hey, my name is Turis, and im on Lightninghoof.
    I just recently got into outland, and from what i can tell, it is way different from EK and Kalimdor. I do have Lich King, but i want to have a pre-LK BC experience...what are some things i should/need to do?

-Turis 8)

Re: Getting in to Outland

Well, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. There are always the obvious things like doing every quest in Outland before going to Northrend as well as doing every dungeon in Outland and Caverns of Time except for Stratholme.

well Shatt has plenty of things to offer.....its a ghost town these days though. i would be sure to try and do each instance atleast once. BC instance will drop gear that has gem sockets in them for the first time......sporagar rep is good to build up, they have many usefull items.

Run the instances

Do the chain quests in Shat, Shadowmoon Valley, Blade Edge Mtns and Netherstorm.

Do the chain to get the key to Kara.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Senka
    Well, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. There are always the obvious things like doing every quest in Outland before going to Northrend as well as doing every dungeon in Outland and Caverns of Time except for Stratholme.
    I sort of knew that
    but what i mean is, is there anything i need to do...like if i dont do it ill be a laughing stock of northrend?
    and should i lvl my profs and then myself or vice versa?

If you want to get into the lore of BC, just do the main quest chains in each zone and move on, that way you'll get the basics of the whole area.
    Once you get to 70, chill in trade to try to find some people doing BC raids, they are fun, and with a few 80s will (for the most part) go quite well.
    @ your last post. If you get to 68 and get all greens that are good for your class/spec, you'll be find in northrend.
    As far as profs, which do you have? most you can just lvl up with ur toon, but if you didn't start any, BC is a good time to do it (once you have epic ground mount).
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

10+ Year Old Account

yeah...ive never gotten more than 20 fps anywhere on my computer and i can barely move in shatt. so raids will have to be sought out in one of the Pre-BC major city...and even then idk if ill do very well...and isnt everybody beyond doing 70 raids? isnt it all about Naxx and Ulduar now?

but i do have some 80 friends...could 3 80s and a 70 do a 70 raid?

should i bother with epic flying?

and yeah i have epic ground...i have my charger and im trying to get the undead honor horse...i can do that now...right?

i have engineering/mining.

15+ Year Old Account

First: I bow my head for someone who plays the "first" time and has the guts of outing himself and asking for advice.

Second: Inform yourself about your class, what stats do you need, what are worthy talent points etc. Seeing that you already use MMO-Champion I think that you won't have a problem with that.

Get a hold of basic Mob strategies: Many Bosses use very similar abilities, (mostly obvious things like running out of the fire, dispell stuff etc.)

Conccerning your professions: you don't HAVE to level them now, but it's quite comfortable to have your professions on around the same level as you are (I mean LevelOfProfession / 5 =~ your level)

If you are into Lore I really recommend doing the chains suggested above.

Oh...and always say that the level 70 Heroics/Raids were so much harder and required some much more skill than the level 80 ones...and that DKs are OP, and PvP in general was a lot better in BC.

Edit: Sorry if You feel treated like a newb, I don't know how advanced you are on the game mechanics, so I just stated some (for me) obvious facts)

10+ Year Old Account

well i did play my friends 70 shammy a few times...but i didnt do anything exciting.

im prot atm but i need to switch back to ret...i hate prot...i cant tank for sheiße and am usually always OOM...

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...0&version=9947 was my old ret talent build

nah idc if people think im a newb, i just dont like to hear them CALL me one. idk if that makes sense...:P

and ty

-Turis 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullfrøg
    ...i hate prot...
    That made me sad. I love my pally tank, a lot more then both my warrior (That I used to tank on for the last half of BC) and druid tank (well he never did see kara)

But about the mana issue just keep holy shield up and have Blessing of Sanctuary on yourself.

With 10 Man Kara we went in with 5 80's and we lost one 1/2 way thru and never had a issue.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Concerning your proffs if they are gathering proffs u lose ALOT of money not having them up with u to mine/herb/skin while questing around

10+ Year Old Account

lord im sorry
    im not saying i hate people who are prot, i was saying im not the kind of person to be prot.
    i switched back to ret, and im enjoying the higher DPS :P
    i got my engineering up a whole lot over the weekend, and so now im back to lvling...im getting about 1.5 lvls a day and i cant wait for northrend

i just have one question.
    should i stay in outland untill im 70, and my gear is better?
    or should i get to northrend as soon as i can.

and i also have an engineering question.
    does the flying machine require basic flying or epic flying?
    cuz i dont want to waste a lot of mats on that when i cant use it for at least 9 more lvls.

-Turis 8)