Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Prot warrior's tps - do you really think it's adequate?

Well, I challenged Uld 10 hard mode Hodir yesterday, and

dest warlock and fire mage's dps exceeded 9,000 ( goddamn buffs ).

I really, really tried to catch up with them, but I couldn't.

Ok, I know. you might say "Hey you noob, hit more HS and get better gears for

more hit rating and expertise!" this problem could come from my "suck" control. I allow it.

But when I challenged just same thing with my DK and Paladin(yes, I have 3 tanks ),

I got 8,000 or more tps on average, and didn't need to say

"Plz, Stop casting fireball until I'm ready". or sth like that.

Of course, Competing with dealer's threatening is very attractive point in tanking,

But Let's see the tremendous tps of DK and paladin - moreover, they don't need to

spamming judgement or obliterate. goddamn HS -_- I thing this difference make

severe unfairness.

The ability to get enough tps is essential in raid, and it would

make no change in balance of arena and BG.

Therefore, I propose that every tanks should be able to get enough tps if he did his best.

or, at least, DK and Paladin's tps need to be nerfed if Bliz think warrior's tps is adequate.

they ruins the system. Dealers don't need to control their dealing.

Am I wrong? or do you really think warrior's tps is adequate?

Re: Prot warrior's tps - do you really think it's adequate?

So you think that DK and Paladin tps is too high on hodir?

So you think that DK and Paladin tps is too high on hodir?
    Not just Hodir... DK and Paladin get too high tps on most battles, I think.

Warrior TPS is fine, if you're struggling to keep agro over DPS then I suggest telling your DPS to chill out.

Fighting for agro should be a challenge, it makes tanking more competitive.

The problem with hodir hard is a 3 min timer - otherwise you dont get it hard mode - telling your dps to 'chill out' or what ever isn't an option for this.

In regards to the OP - you alrdy know the answer, get more hit and expertise on your gear, I agree that warriors are (if not at the bottom) of the pile when it comes to dps, tps and some other stats unless full geared with alot more gearsets than the other classes (block / dodge /threat etc) but for the moment thats not going to change. So stop QQ'ing and either re-gem for expt / hit or get gear to improve your threat.

The other option is Viligence on a mage pulling obscene tps numbers and just as he pulls aggro - taunt and get him to vanish. No one should be pulling threat from you for the next 2-3 mins as long as you can generate 5-6k tps which is easily doable

I have said this to another thread, go UA build
    spam revenge...... = huge tps and some half decent dps.

heard people getting some huge sustained TPS and about 4k dps.... worth a go, look to tankspot for details.
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

We need to gear heavily toward hit and expertise to even compete with other tanking classes, it sucks but whatever... I want more tps for warriors but I doubt it'll come anytime soon. I QQ with you, believe me.

15/5/51,glyph of vigiliance, vigiliance on mage, and it's ok on hodir.
    In rare situations where one mage gets 3 storms in a row while standing in light near fire I usually TPS as much as I can and immediately after mage overaggro from me (with 130% aggro) I taunt back getting +30% aggro for free. So he doesn't die and others get huge gap in threat comparing to me.

then you have shit deathknights and paladins.
    warriors are by FAR the lowest TPS tanks currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruxx9949
    Never have problems with Tps, as a matter of fact i beat all other tank classes in our tps race except for the druids : P
    you must have terrible dk's

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyshout
    Well, I challenged Uld 10 hard mode Hodir yesterday, and

dest warlock and fire mage's dps exceeded 9,000 ( goddamn buffs ).

I really, really tried to catch up with them, but I couldn't.
    No matter what all the guys in this thread say, warriors can easily hold aggro in any encounter. Some hints :

1) It's not forbidden to get hodir's haste buff yourself aswel.

2) Get an intervene/focuscharge macro. Every 30 seconds you intervene the highest person on threat and instantly charge back. This reduces their threat by 10% and gives you 15 extra rage.

3) Swap your vigilance around actively. It's not so important that you actually produce more tps than the dps. It's only important that on the meter they don't go over 130%. Both intervene and vigilance prevent this from happening.

4) Use a speed potion on the pull and 1 during heroism (probably a minute later).

5) Swap into a more threat oriented suit. Hodir 10 man really doesn't require you to have 45k buffed hp or frost resistance or whatever. Try to have 38-40k hp, use an armor elixir and an expertise/hit elixir (depending on how much hit/exp your gear setup already has) and expertise/hit/strenght food again according to your stats.

6) There's more to threat generation than simply shield slam, revenge and devastate. Remember to use concussion blow, shockwave and retaliation at the right moments.

dont intervene the high agro DPS, intervene the people who get Storm Cloud so you get the buff.

then go stand in a light beam.

and watch as you sustain 10k TPS with spikes up to 15k.

BTW you DONT need that stupid UA build to tank hodir hard mode
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

I MT as a prot warr in a raiding guild, and tbh, i have absolutely no threat problem on bosses what so ever.

we also have a druid and a paladin in our tanking squad and im a close secound on threat if im OT'ing a boss that gives me enough rage.

Sure we could use some buffs, but not that vital tbh.
    Something they should fix tho is the damn HS, my finger hurts for spamming it in 4-5hours 5 days aweek.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiwos
    Something they should fix tho is the damn HS, my finger hurts for spamming it in 4-5hours 5 days aweek.
    get a mouse with a wheel, bind up or down to HS.

saved my fingers back in BC
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin
    dont intervene the high agro DPS, intervene the people who get Storm Cloud so you get the buff.
    I doubt you want to do that if you're already close on reaching the enrage timer. I've never needed it and doing it would lock out another dps from getting the buff as it's limited in number. The haste buff from the lights however is readily available for everyone.

You want to do as much threat as possible without others losing dps. Otherwise they might just stop DPS when they're closing in on threat as it's exactly the same as stealing their dps buff.

Quote Originally Posted by nerrad

And back to the point of warriors TPS, our guild wouldnt even let the DK main tank Xt-002 because we had a few dps in the raid that knew they would outthreat him, and a druid? well...the warrior can practically outthreat him with white hits.
    Then kick your dk IRL and shoot your druid in the head as he's probably better off dead if he does such retarded amounts of threat.

The only reason why a DK or Pally can do a better job at keeping high threat in Hodir is simply the Singed debuff that Hodir gets, that increases magical damg taken by up to 50%.

On attempts where we were able to keep the debuff maxed out the entire fight, the amount of dmg from our casters was insane and nearly impossible to beat in threat. Taunting really helped to keep the MT (warrior) on top of threat and as main target from Hodir the entire fight.

However, a pally or a DK tank will benefict from the debuff and it will help them keep much higher TPS than a warrior or a druid.

10+ Year Old Account

Hodir’s “Mage Trick” and More! - from TankingTips

http://www.tankingtips.com/2009/05/1...rick-and-more/

maybe this will help u

Mage trick is pretty awesome

Glyph of vigilance

Intervene into buffs

Are you hit capped and well over the expertise soft cap?

Gear for threat

15/5/51

As an earlier responder said use speed pot on pull and another 2 min later (but not during heroism speed pot gives haste, heroism gives haste, haste doesn't stack that well)

Single target warrior threat is awesome - what are you smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by Netram
    Warrior TPS is fine, if you're struggling to keep agro over DPS then I suggest telling your DPS to chill out.

Fighting for agro should be a challenge, it makes tanking more competitive.
    What he said.

I constantly out TPS our tanks, and prot's my offspec. I find a lot of tanks neglect hit rating or expertise... personally, I slap myself if I get under 250 hit / 30 expertise. *shrugs*
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.