Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Give paladins a HoT?

Did you ever think that druids are overpowered? And I can't believe that I'm the only one that thinks paladins need a HoT? If you think so too, then tell me why, and if you don't, THEN READ T8 BONUS ON DRUID SET! :O

Re: Give paladins a HoT?

Not sure if you mean ret or holy, but we both have hots.

Ret gets http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53503

and holy gets http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46180 2pc.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Deleted

Prentice, I think he meant something more. 15% of 7k is 1050, over 9 sec, if we assume it ticks once per three seconds, that's 350 healing per three seconds. A druid gets (from his tier 8 bonus) an instant "holy shock" (almost double in terms of healing) plus a HoT that heals for another 12-13k over 18 seconds, that's around 24k-26k healing on ONE spell!

Deleted

[/quote]

Sure we get that, but as Dani4342 says - It's like "no" healing over time. I can make a "Flash of light" in 1.3 sec that heals more then that.

15+ Year Old Account

Ask Blizzard, I'm sure they would be happy to further homogenise classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Not sure if you mean ret or holy, but we both have hots.

Ret gets http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53503

The holy 2set is trash.

I don't want a hot on my pally. If I wanted to hot people I'd play my priest or druid, but we definitely need a change to our healing. Spamming holy light damn boring, and having a massively large overheal is annoying. I also hate that any paladin that is awake basically won't go OOM. There is not enough skill to paladin healing, and I'd like that fixed.

Sorry, I guess the sarcasm wasn't detected. I would assume that a paladin asking for a hot would indeed be holy and would want something more than a tier bonus that is pretty weak.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    The holy 2set is trash.

I don't want a hot on my pally. If I wanted to hot people I'd play my priest or druid, but we definitely need a change to our healing. Spamming holy light damn boring, and having a massively large overheal is annoying. I also hate that any paladin that is awake basically won't go OOM. There is not enough skill to paladin healing, and I'd like that fixed.
    If you really don't like the holy light playstyle, lean towards spellpower and run with a 54/17/0 build. Yes, I know it's not popular with a lot of paladins, but if you don't think it's viable, go armory Mackzster of Ensidia. :P

The holy 2set is trash.

Indeed, the 4 pc is pretty situational, also. Imo, just stick with 4 T7, it's still an amazing set bonus. Besides, stat wise the only two pieces of T8 worth a damn are shoulders/head.
    Characters:
    http://pewpewboom.zer.googlepages.com/zer%27scharacter2

give mages a healing spell .. then.

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    If you really don't like the holy light playstyle, lean towards spellpower and run with a 54/17/0 build. Yes, I know it's not popular with a lot of paladins, but if you don't think it's viable, go armory Mackzster of Ensidia. :P
    I actually run with a 51/20 build (imp devo aura)
    I do a lot of flash of light, because I found holy light to lead to massive overheal, or my heals being sniped (which means even bigger overheal.) The glyph is also useless because I run everything with my shaman friend and if people are together his chain heals handle healing them.

I know that a lot of people hate on it, but it fits my playstyle better.

Deleted

So what do you think we (Paladins) Should have? I mean, druid only do HoTs. Then they got a a spam-heal spell. And Shaman got a HoT, before they were spam healers like paladins. And I fell like I missing somthing

I don't get it... In the average raid, I'm Buffing, MT healing, Making sure that Beacon doesn't fall off of other tank (or myself :P) Judging Wisdom, Holy Shocking/FoL'ing (when crits) the raid, Clensing, Salving folks who can't control their threat, Bubble Sac'ing Tanks, and constantly managing other cooldowns like trinkets and Illumination... and if that's not enough... now we're dodging rockets and green clouds... ;D

The argument for a HoT for our class is weak when, at the end of the day we Paladins bring utility to a raid that other class's don't. But if you want to have a fair discussion about this, what would you be willing to give up for a HoT? Kings? Bubbles? Holy Shock?

Deleted

Dr2022, that's a tad too far. The reason Niuxe was whining is because of the fact that druids (with tier 8 4-set) can in one (1) spell heal at least 24k WITHOUT COOLDOWNS!

Hots = druid thing
    Huge spam heals and by far the best tank healing ability's = Paladins

I would agree paladins need something to make there healing style slightly more fun, HL most of the time isn't the worlds most fun thing, however I don't think a hot is needed. with tanks taking avoidance over block and generally huge hits at random times hots aren't that effective.
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

I actually run with a 51/20 build (imp devo aura)
    I do a lot of flash of light, because I found holy light to lead to massive overheal, or my heals being sniped (which means even bigger overheal.) The glyph is also useless because I run everything with my shaman friend and if people are together his chain heals handle healing them.

I know that a lot of people hate on it, but it fits my playstyle better.
    I take it this isn't a raid setting, which is what most people are talking about. Imp devo is useless as you most definately have a tree for the HoT moments and//or improved gift.

And you could have 99% overheal, and still never run out of mana as a holy light build, as long as you have a replenishment.

I got myself a druid buddy and went to north bank in dal to see how long i'd last, with one druid innervating me (Happened twice) I lasted 15 minutes, and still had 20000 mana leftover, but I got bored and stopped.

Overheal is such a small issue that you should just ignore it as long as you do what you're supposed to do (IE: keep those two tanks alive)

Quote Originally Posted by shags the penguin
    with tanks taking avoidance over block and generally huge hits at random times hots aren't that effective.
    ^^^
    THIS

Deleted

Yeah I know that we just can't keeping geting better. But I would give up my Instant spell

Quote Originally Posted by dani4342
    Dr2022, that's a tad too far. The reason Niuxe was whining is because of the fact that druids (with tier 8 4-set) can in one (1) spell heal at least 24k WITHOUT COOLDOWNS!
    What ?
    Think your reading the set bonus wrong, its still the tool tip from PTR where they were not sure what they were going to do with it so they left it vague.
    It basically only puts a single tick at the start not the whole rej, and i am not sure if that first spell includes talents on the spell ( which is a lot )
    It basically makes rej do a instant 2k heal when you apply it, maybe less if it doesn't include talents.
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

Deleted

Probably, although it seems to be at live at this moment.