So once I get Mangle, I should work towards OoC?

This is my spec so far. Just dinged level 50, and now I'm not sure if I should continue down the feral tree or work towards Omen of Clarity.

Aim is to level to 80 as fast as possible. What do you guys recommend? Should I even bother getting OoC at all?

Re: So once I get Mangle, I should work towards OoC?

I would. The early resto talents are very good for feral anyway.

Get 2 points Imp MOTW, 3 points Furor, 5 points Naturalist, then OoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

15+ Year Old Account

+10% physical dmg
    +2% all stats
    +60% chance on 10 rage/60 energy on shift
    +OoC

I wouldnt go natural shapeshifter + master shapeshifter yet though (in a leveling build.. too talent-intensive)

after 11 resto I'd just finish off the logical feral talent-route

Quote Originally Posted by Syph
    +10% physical dmg
    +2% all stats
    +60% chance on 10 rage/60 energy on shift
    +OoC

I wouldnt go natural shapeshifter + master shapeshifter yet though (in a leveling build.. too talent-intensive)

after 11 resto I'd just finish off the logical feral talent-route
    Quoted for much truth. Though, a plesent alternative is to go 3 in King of the Jungle and then going 11 in Resto as above. 3/3 KotJ is so awesome at keeping you from getting energy drained.

15+ Year Old Account

KotJ is awesome to keep that burst up on tougher mobs its like a free energy potion each 30 seconds

when putting talents in the feral tree again I suggest this order:

1) from 2/3 to 3/3 survival of the fittest - 2% allstat boost, 11% more armor contribution in bear and makes you crit immune
    2) 3/3 KotJ
    3) 3/3 Imp Mangle (optional, depends on your playstyle mostly but theres no denying, manglespam is pretty decent burst :P)
    4) 1/1 Survival Instincts - its like a free healing potion, good for lvling and mostly soloing
    5) 1/5 Rend & Tear - filler for getting 50pts in feral
    6) 1/1 Berserk - fun toy! makes aoe grinding a walk in the park in both cat and bear

from there on you can basically choose, either go back to resto for master shapeshifter or fill up Infected wounds/rend&tear but again, depends mostly on how you DPS/what you use as a rotation

Notice that OoC only procs on white melee attacks. When killing mobs you tend to use burst, killing it in as few CGDs as possible and therefore the number of white hits is usually low. So OoC isn't that great when levelling; the rest of the Resto talents needed to reach it may be, but personally I'd finish with the Feral tree and pick Tiger's fury, Improved mangle and Berserk.
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen
    Notice that OoC only procs on white melee attacks. When killing mobs you tend to use burst, killing it in as few CGDs as possible and therefore the number of white hits is usually low. So OoC isn't that great when levelling; the rest of the Resto talents needed to reach it may be, but personally I'd finish with the Feral tree and pick Tiger's fury, Improved mangle and Berserk.
    Couldnt agree more, I havent used OoC in any of my feral builds ever since the mechanics were changed in WoTLK, its just not worth it anymore, specially as a feral MT with a near-constant full rage bar

Quote Originally Posted by Syph
    Couldnt agree more, I havent used OoC in any of my feral builds ever since the mechanics were changed in WoTLK, its just not worth it anymore, specially as a feral MT with a near-constant full rage bar
    I assume you haven't been playing cat

1 point is worth it for OoC, and you certainly need naturalist, so it's a no brainer to pick it up. Personally, I'd get master shapeshift before finishing out feral. Remember, the less crit you have the larger relative gain each point is, so in leveling gear, 4% crit is going to be quite helpful.

I don't find the upper feral talents that useful in a soloing/questing setting.

*Berserk is fun, but since you can usually burn down a mob in 1 energy bar, it's not hugely useful. AoE grinding isn't really effective because you can't have it up often enough.

*Rend and Tear isn't great for leveling, you won't be using shred, and I found myself killing mobs before I needed to use FB anyway. At least they'd be low enough that 1 more mangle would kill them for less energy.

*Primal gore is crap because Rip is crap (I'm talking leveling here, I know how good Rip and PG are for sustained DPS)

*KotJ is kinda nice, but again, I was able to down most mobs without the energy boost, so why spend 3 points on it. It'd probably be the first points I'd spend going back to feral, just to reduce any downtime if mobs are close together.

I'd get imp mangle before going over to resto though.
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

imp mangle? ewwww

I leveled my druid shortly after tbc came out so I never had access to 51 ptrs but I did love getting OoC procs on people and mobs, it just gives you a little bit of a flex in the pants to have that extra shred during a stun

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH WHILE BILLY MAYS IS TALKING

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kattekongen
    I assume you haven't been playing cat
    Correct, I should've mentioned that my OoC rant was heavily based on its performance in bearform - ignore that post when concerning about kittycat

Quote Originally Posted by Renamefailed
    imp mangle? ewwww

I leveled my druid shortly after tbc came out so I never had access to 51 ptrs but I did love getting OoC procs on people and mobs, it just gives you a little bit of a flex in the pants to have that extra shred during a stun
    -6 points from your main attack while levelling??? yeah, it's definitely worth it. You can shred maybe 2 times on a target after a pounce. You should be doing: pounce -> mangle -> shred as long as you can, then mangle until it's dead. Mangle increases shred damage so it should always be used before shred. If you're in an instance then yes, shred is better if it's talented, but who the hell specs to be useful in an instance sub-80 anyway??