Deleted

Elemental 900 haste

So i read this thread on official US forum regarding high haste. The thread is filled with speculation and no facts so i decided to make some tests of my own.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...19782903&sid=1

I changed some gear and trinkets aound and reached 900 base haste which with wrath of air totem gives my lightingbolt a 1.5second cast time. I could reach 1k easilly if i gem for it but i didnt want to regem any pieces i use in my normal raidset.
    I tested this on the level 80 target dummy because it would allow me to hit with all spells without worrying about the hit cap.
    With my haste setup i lost about 60 or so spellpower and 5% crit compared to my normal hitcapped raidsetup but gained about 400 extra haste.

I did several 4 minute tests using the best rotation i could fit in which was kind of awkward.
    Surprisingly my dps was about the same or worse as when i use my normal raid set even though odds should be heavilly in favor of the haste set if math is to be beleived and considering i didnt have to worry about hit eating up item budged. I think on average the haste setup was couple of hundred dps lower even.

On my raid set i use Illustration of the dragonsoul and eye of broodmother whereas i use battlemaster haste trinkets in the full haste setup which might account for the dps loss.
    So i ran more tests with illustration as one trinket and battlemaster as the other giving me some 830 haste but i still couldnt get any decent dps numbers out of it but still better than full haste. (About 4400 dps on the dummy)

I've always felt haste was a weird stat since it can easilly mess up our rotation having us clip or wait for lavaburst cooldowns etc and being kinda bad cause of all the movement in ulduar.
    I know the math wizards at elitist jerks swear haste is awesome and can show you graphs of the linear increases in dps it provies but my real world experience shows diffrently.

Sure ill gladly take the haste when offered but wont hesitate to get more sp intead if i can. And yeah i've never been terribly bothered with waiting around for lvb to cooldown and rather throw in another lb if i can.
    Imho if you wait .4 seconds to cast cause of lvb cd you just wasted all that haste.

Anyway i realise ofc that the sample size is to small bla bla but i've done hundreds of tests over the last couple of months in diffrent gear setups so i think i can fairly accurately gauge when something isnt working out for me.

Also on the flip side, if i ignore hit rating and remove the 400 extra haste and instead add 100 spellpower and 7% crit i can consistantly keep much better dps. (that setup puts me at 500 haste).

Re: Elemental 900 haste

You also have to look at your latency. Fast casting spells are more effected by higher latency. I can't remember, but basically 525'ish haste is where you hit 5 LB between LvB's. I think the next "tier" where you can fit an extra spell (Chain lightning) is ~925 or 950 haste. The exact number was posted on here somewhere and you can find it on EJ.

I've found haste to be infinitely better than crit, but I haven't inched past 600 haste and there may be a plateau in that area due to diminishing returns? As I said, I do not know. I'd still think haste would be better than crit simply because of how well LB is scaling now. LvB will always be rather static (only gains much from sp).

Have to consider raidbuffs/debuffs as well and the effects they will have.

On a fully debuffed target, with full raid buffs, I'd have to assume haste would be at least marginally better.
    Level 80 Draenei Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Sh%C3%A4mwow

wait wait,

what are your two trinkets in your Haste set?
    replacing both IotDS AND EotB is a 325 SP loss. if you add that to the 60 paperdoll SP and 5% crit, you're losing more DPS from just the SP loss than the gain from 400 Haste.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Neokarasu

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by fakestreet
    wait wait,

what are your two trinkets in your Haste set?
    replacing both IotDS AND EotB is a 325 SP loss. if you add that to the 60 paperdoll SP and 5% crit, you're losing more DPS from just the SP loss than the gain from 400 Haste.
    well yeah obviously thats what i said in my post. However i also did tests with iotds + battlemaster haste trinket and it was still worse.

Quote Originally Posted by broods
    well yeah obviously thats what i said in my post. However i also did tests with iotds + battlemaster haste trinket and it was still worse.
    yea, but you also said:

Quote Originally Posted by broods
    With my haste setup i lost about 60 or so spellpower and 5% crit compared to my normal hitcapped raidsetup but gained about 400 extra haste.
    meaning, you aren't comparing apples to apples.
    you can't just say: "oh, i gained 400 haste at the loss of 60 paperdoll SP by replacing my SP proc trinkets".

saying "i also tested with IotDS + Battlemaster" doesn't really give the complete picture.

so my question was: what did your stats look like for both sets including trinkets?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Neokarasu