allfiction lock spec

LF a good affliction lock to discuss this spec iam currently bringing up a lvl 75 affliction warlock and was wondering if this would be a good end game affliction spec.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...3&version=9947

Re: allfiction lock spec

THIS will work. Improved Imp and Grim Reach are just... Useless. But Ruin is great talent and you MUST have it. You can also leave Amplify Curse and take Fel Synergy for example.

In addition replace UA glyph with Glyph of Haunt.

Thank you forthe feed back that actually does look a lot better i was only using grim reach for bosses like heigan the unclean and examples like that

what pet should i be using with this spec?

15+ Year Old Account

Whichever keeps you alive. Felhunter will do the most damage tho.

R.I.P. YARG

Would be the best spec. According to EJ succy is best pet (not counting pets with CD) so the points in demonic power would be better than imp drain soul. Tanks dont really have a problem with threat right now if they are good. Maybe later down the road it might be nice to switch.

Also Glyph of Haunt, Life Tap, and Glyph of CoA are the way to go. Just make sure youre lifetapping every 20 secs.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Furbs
    According to EJ succy is best pet
    Only if you have 2/2 Demonic Empowerment (or whatever it's called. It's in the destro tree, reduces lash of pain CD by 6s)
    Otherwise its Felhunter.

R.I.P. YARG

This for raiding. I'd recommend glyph of Life Tap, glyph of Haunt, and glyph of Curse of Agony (best DPCT spell for affl)

For pet use Doomguard, when he's on CD use succy.
    - Khody is the Lord and God of the Forums. When spoken to, you may only refer to him as the following:
    'Lord Khody'
    'My Liege'
    'The One True King'
    'God'

15+ Year Old Account

Everyone seems to miss that he's a level 75 warlock.

Leave raiding out of it. He doesn't even have his 3rd glyph slot, let alone sufficient dps gear.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Everyone seems to miss that he's a level 75 warlock.

Leave raiding out of it. He doesn't even have his 3rd glyph slot, let alone sufficient dps gear.
    He's asking about an end game specc.

Quote Originally Posted by Logand
    what pet should i be using with this spec?
    For affliction, I suggest Voidwalker. Most raid situations are splash heavy, so void is a great choice. Gives you an 8000 damage shield every minute, only sacrificing about 10% of the pet's health. Plus, the Sacrifice ability of the voidwalker can be activated outside of your GCD, and can be done while you are casting or moving, since the pet is casting the spell. He still does good dps -- near as much as succubus untalented.

Voidwalker allows you to maximize your survivability, and thus dps damage, in a raid situation. A dead warlock does zero damage.

However, if your voidwalker cannot be healed, or you don't want to bother with him being close to the enemy, imp is a great choice as well. The imp is very versatile. He buffs the caster camp with a passive health bonus, which is good for when warriors are out of shouting range. You can keep imp phased the entire fight if need be. He sticks to your hip, so to speak, so you always know where he is.

Simply put, imp is the pet with the least maintenance attached to it, allowing you to concentrate on your rotations, instead of wondering whether your pet is positioned correctly.

15+ Year Old Account

All we're doing is giving him an excuse to level slower by worrying about a future that is becoming further and futher away.

Hunker down. Play. Worry about 80 when you reach 80. Just about every leveling build is 10 man viable if you play it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Deocri
    Voidwalker allows you to maximize your survivability, and thus dps, in a raid situation.
    Simply put, imp is the pet with the least maintenance attached to it
    I just died a little inside.
    You suggest a pet to keep yourself alive despite the fact that playing smarter will do just as well. Then you suggest a pet that is the hardest to keep alive if you can barely do so for yourself.

If you are running out of the fire/blizzard/AOE BBQ so you don't die, guess who is still standing in it? Guess who has the least amount of HP? 80% Avoidance from AOE, when the AOE hits for 7k+, is still going to kill the little bastard.

I don't mean to be a dick, but more and more these forums are about catering to bad playstyles when corrective action would make you a better player. If your kid falls over on his bike with the training wheels off, do you put them back on until he's 19? That's what we're doing here. I see dozens of people with "I raided AQ40 and Black Temple, don't tell me how to play" who play BADLY.

Simply put: Use the highest dps pet you can (Succubus if talented, Felguard if talented, Imp if Destruction, Felhunter for the rest) and if it dies, or you die, come back here and ask for help. It might not even be you - computer quality, latency, and FPS all attribute to your success.

Personal reference: My guild had the absolute worst druid tank in the world, but on simple, graphically low boss fights (Warlord in SSC, Akama, etc.) he put out more threat, with worse gear, than our top notch Warrior in full T5 (at the time). We took him to Hyjal and he couldn't hold aggro for the life of him. Turns out he was broke, with a horrible computer, and had Multisampling on 6x. We cranked that down and despite his bitching about jagged edges, he could now boast about being the best damn druid tank on the server.

R.I.P. YARG

You suggest a pet to keep yourself alive despite the fact that playing smarter will do just as well.  Then you suggest a pet that is the hardest to keep alive if you can barely do so for yourself.
    Even if you are positioning correctly and playing smart, you are still going to get hit with lethal amounts of damage. The healers will always heal the tanks and other healers first, so perhaps having a pet that lets you live would be better than one that lets you die?

If you are running out of the fire/blizzard/AOE BBQ so you don't die, guess who is still standing in it?  Guess who has the least amount of HP?  80% Avoidance from AOE, when the AOE hits for 7k+, is still going to kill the little bastard.
    If AoE is hitting so hard that any pet would die, why wouldn't you roll with imp? he can stay out of combat and buff the raid. Knowing that its a significant dps loss to resummon a pet, whats so bad about having imp become invulnerable during a fight that other pets would die on?

Have you healed before? Maybe you don't understand how much of an advantage the imp buff is for a raid. Greater maximum health saves lives, and can be easily afforded by an affliction warlock.

On a side note: my imp has around 16k health raid buffed. A 7k+ hit would not kill him. But several hits for 7k+ would.

For affliction, I suggest Voidwalker. Most raid situations are splash heavy, so void is a great choice. Gives you an 8000 damage shield every minute, only sacrificing about 10% of the pet's health. Plus, the Sacrifice ability of the voidwalker can be activated outside of your GCD, and can be done while you are casting or moving, since the pet is casting the spell. He still does good dps -- near as much as succubus untalented.

Voidwalker allows you to maximize your survivability, and thus dps, in a raid situation. A dead warlock does zero damage.
    I really hate to sound like a troll but are you serious? "Voidwalker allows you to maximize your survivability, and thus dps, in a raid situation. A dead warlock does zero damage."
    PvP gear allows me more health, does it maximize my DPS? No.
    Soul Link mitigates 20% of your damage to your pet. Does it maximize my DPS? No.
    Voidwalker hit's like a wet blanket. Where do you get the "as much as a Succubus" from?

On a side note: my imp has around 16k health raid buffed. A 7k+ hit would not kill him. But several hits for 7k+ would.
    Several as in around 3? Well 3 7k+ hits amounts to 21k+ damage taken so no shit your imp would die if it took several.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubs
    I really hate to sound like a troll but are you serious? "Voidwalker allows you to maximize your survivability, and thus dps, in a raid situation. A dead warlock does zero damage."
    What I meant to say here is maximize damage, not dps, slip of the keys.

Voidwalker hit's like a wet blanket. Where do you get the "as much as a Succubus" from?
    I tested untalented succubus on the target dummy and I got around 250 dps.
    I tested voidwalker on target dummy and got 230 dps, hence the use of "near as much as succubus untalented".

When I tested succubus talented, I only got 280 dps. A 30 dps difference for two talent points, and only 50 dps higher than voidwalker. This is why I don't talent it, and why I think voidwalker is a viable alterative dps-wise.

Several as in around 3? Well 3 7k+ hits amounts to 21k+ damage taken so no shit your imp would die if it took several.
    Imp gets the passive avoidance, as gherkin mentioned. A 10k aoe hit would only do 2k damage to an imp. That's about 8 hits. A 7k Aoe drill would take even longer to kill a pet.

15+ Year Old Account

When I tested succubus talented, I only got 280 dps. A 30 dps difference for two talent points, and only 50 dps higher than voidwalker. This is why I don't talent it, and why I think voidwalker is a viable alterative dps-wise.

Imp gets the passive avoidance, as gherkin mentioned. A 10k aoe hit would only do 2k damage to an imp. That's about 8 hits. A 7k Aoe drill would take even longer to kill a pet.
    First, depends on the AOE. Some don't register correctly with Avoidance on purpose, such as Heigan's floor.

Second, I'm going to assume you had Lash of Pain on auto. The point of using a Succubus over a Felhunter (over a Voidwalker) is raid buffs. The former two pets scale better with raid buffs than the voidwalker does because of the special attacks (Shadow Bite and Lash of Pain). You should be hitting roughly 700 dps fully buffed from a Succubus, 600 DPS from a Felhunter, 500 from an unglyphed Imp, and the Voidwalker somewhere in the 450-550 range.

Lastly, using Kologarn as a "massive raid damage" boss - if you are compensating for your healers on this boss alone, great. Use Voidwalker. Use anything you can to stay alive. However, this is also known as fueling the fire. Stress is the only way people learn when they are unwilling to learn. If you bring 7 healers and people are still dying, covering their asses doesn't make them better players.

Its situational, depending on your own personal guild. If you are wiping at 10% because the healers just can't keep up, a Voidwalker might help you get to 8% (25 man) or 5% (10 man).

But please, for the love of God, don't go around telling people to use Voidwalkers just because your healers are having a tough time, or your guild brings fewer aoe healers.

R.I.P. YARG

I used this specc before i changed to deep destro
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...&version=9947#
    Rotation is
    Shadowbolt, haunt, corruption, UA, CoA and then spam shadowbolt and refresh dots. Make sure you always have haunt up and try to not clip (put up a dot before it runs out).

The pet to use is Doom guard when its not on cooldown and if it is use the succubus. She has good dps and is also sexier that the felpuppy.

ps: the last bit was a joke .

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    and is also sexier that the felpuppy.

ps: the last bit was a joke .
    So, the felhunter is sexier?

R.I.P. YARG

You should be hitting roughly 700 dps fully buffed from a Succubus, 600 DPS from a Felhunter, 500 from an unglyphed Imp, and the Voidwalker somewhere in the 450-550 range.
    I had no idea that pets could do this much damage as affliction. The only time I have noticed numbers this high was when I was specced demonology.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, because I have noticed an increase in pet dps when raiding from buffs on the warlock and pet. However, in my experience this was a constant increase across all pets. This amounted to about 1/2 to 2/3 of the numbers you quote above when specced affliction.

My raid group does not always benefit from raid buffs. More often I find we are missing stamina, spirit, shadow resistance, mark of the wild, and sometimes intellect. We are low on priests, and every now and then, druids and mages. This factors into why I often choose imp and voidwalker.

If those numbers are true, then yes, succubus would be the best choice because of the vast dps margin, as long as you and the raid are assuredly safe when hit by spike damage and other splash.

I guess it just depends on your raid makeup, the fight, as well as personal preference to dps, survival, utility.

15+ Year Old Account

I had no idea that pets could do this much damage as affliction. The only time I have noticed numbers this high was when I was specced demonology.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, because I have noticed an increase in pet dps when raiding from buffs on the warlock and pet. However, in my experience this was a constant increase across all pets. This amounted to about 1/2 to 2/3 of the numbers you quote above when specced affliction.

My raid group does not always benefit from raid buffs. More often I find we are missing stamina, spirit, shadow resistance, mark of the wild, and sometimes intellect. We are low on priests, and every now and then, druids and mages. This factors into why I often choose imp and voidwalker.

If those numbers are true, then yes, succubus would be the best choice because of the vast dps margin, as long as you and the raid are assuredly safe when hit by spike damage and other splash.

I guess it just depends on your raid makeup, the fight, as well as personal preference to dps, survival, utility.
    Yes.

And Felguard should be hitting 1200-1400 dps with full buffs in iLVL 219 gear. As a point of reference.

R.I.P. YARG