question about 1 enhance talent

should i go 3/5 into ancesstral knowledge and get a little more mana and ap or get shamanistic focus so my earth shock cost 45% less mana

15+ Year Old Account

Re: question about 1 enhance talent

I went all the way in, But I noticed in 25 man Pugs that even with little to no mana efficient talents I don't have any issues with mana regeneration.

it comes down to if you have a judgment of wisdom. if you do you dont need to spec into any mana saving talents except maybe imp ss.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by marrymoocow
    should i go 3/5 into ancesstral knowledge and get a little more mana and ap or get shamanistic focus so my earth shock cost 45% less mana

Well it is just a matter of how you like to play your class. Just do some math, with all T8 gear I have 500ish Intelligence. So 1 Talent point in Ancestral Knowledge is about 10 Intelligence, 10 ap ... if you think that is worth saving 45% mana on each shock then go ahead. In a raid environment it is not really needed ... but I also do pugs, 5 mans, general daily life besides raiding, also for 10 man without replentishment it is very nice to be able to fully chainlightning (on aoe) and magma all the way and still be able to save shamanistic rage for pure damage reduction.
    On the other hand it is a nice filler talent and helps to get to higher tiers.

Myrddin,Stormforged, EU-Ravencrest
    Website: mmo-game.eu,YouTube: myrddinde, Twitter: @MyrddinDE

It just depends on what you raid mostly (ie 25mans/10mans/5mans etc)

In 25 mans you would expect to have JoW and Replenishment all the time which means you can skip mana saving talents (such as shamanistic focus etc) for dps talents (such as ancestral knowledge, although there are better fillers which to put points into?)

So if you only raid them and hae no mana issues go ahead with that but if you also raid 10 mans and other stuff, its not that big of a dps increase compared to the mana reduction from shamanistic focus