Page 1 of 2
LastLast

And why not us ?

I've seen a very interesting topic today on the french forums.
    Here it is :

Pourquoi n'aurions nous pas nous aussi un changement de skin de la forme d'ange d'esprit de rédemption ?
    Car personellement je commence a me lasser de cette forme...qui me rapelle le gardien du cimetierre...déja qu'on est obligé de mourir pour la voir...

Qu'en pensez vous ?

D'ailleurs le concept est également devenu moins intéressant.
    On doit mourir pour 15 sec de free cast... personnellement les fois ou je meure c'est quand le raid est mort ... et ça devient rare avec la facilité des raids a wotlk... je pense que les devs devraient penser à une refonte du talent.

A mon avis passer l'effet passif en actif ==>

Esprit Gardien Instantané
    5 min de CD

Utiliser : vous devenez l'esprit gardien, tous vos sorts de soin voient leur coût en mana supprimé et vous pouvez lancer des sorts de soin tout en bougeant, tous les dégats subis sont réduits de 25% et vous êtes insensibles aux effets ralentissant la vitesse de déplacement et d'incantation. La régénération du mana n'est pas active sous cette forme et 10 sec après la fin de son utilisation.
    Dure 15 secondes.

A coupler au glyphe qui augmente la durée.
    A coupler avec le talent qui réduit le cd de PoM pour réduite également le sien à 3 minutes.

Translation : He reacted to the changes about druids cat and bear forms and proposed to also change our actual angel form after asking if priests were satisfied with this one.

He also made an interesting proposition to change its concept.
    According to him it is a bit useless since Wotlk (raids are easy and he rarely die, and even when it happens well it's a wipe so...).

Here is his idea :

Spirit of redemption Instant cast
    5 min Cd

you become the spirit of redemption, all your healing spells cost no mana and you can cast them freely while moving, all damage reduced by 25 % (too much I think) and you are immune to all snare. Mana regen is not active while in this form and 10 sec after using it.
    Last 15 sec.

edits : he made up his mind and proposed to change the snare immunity by :

- ignores all MS
    or
    - even if one of your spells is interupted, there is no GCD to the holy magic school.

the duration of the talent would be increased by the current glyph and the cd would be decreased in the same talent that decrease the PoM cd.

It's not because we like a steack that we want to know who's the cow.

Re: And why not us ?

I rather see them update the race models tbh.

Yes, because models are so game breaking and will contribute to more enjoyable playing </sarcasm>.

Well it's not really cool when you play a male priest and you transform into a female guardian ><
    It's not because we like a steack that we want to know who's the cow.

Male/Female SoR ... seriously. There are far more pressing issues. If things go well, you won't see Improved Death at all. If not, there are other issues to worry about (like raid performance).

SoR talent change ... dunno. It's fine the way it is, I guess. Holy priests already are very powerful healers, excelling in their role as raid healers and being somewhat viable with other healing tasks as well. Giving us free heals for 15 sec would totally negate the need to watch mana regeneration, which is the only real difficulty right now.

Only place where this change could be interesting is arena, but then again, holy never was a PVP spec and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad47
    Well it's not really cool when you play a male priest and you transform into a female guardian ><
    Oh mai gawd, game and heart breaking ;(

Before you say there are more "pressing matters" than models, think for a second. Do you really think the visual artists would use the time saved to balance the game or fix bugs?

Certainly not, there are different teams for different tasks.

However, even the graphic design people at Blizzard will have better things to do than to wait for irregular graphic updates. Probably working on 3.2 / 3.3 / 3.4? dungeon/zone/raid desgin or even zone design for the next addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad47
    Angels are genderless. Get over yourself and the need to compensate.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    This is incorrect on so many levels.
    1. Angels are an idea represented in many religions and fantasy settings, some have gender, others don't.
    2. Spirit of Redemption is just that, "Spirit" not angel of redemption. A spirit is usually considered the soul of someone who used to be alive, in this particular sense, its obviously the priest(ess)'s own spirit therefore would have the same identity of its owner. Much how the Orc spirits in Nagrand are either male or female.
    3. You have gained the title "Matron". Anyone with the children's week title knows that Spirit of Redemption most definitely does have a gender assigned to it. And SURPRISE its female.

Lastly. The team doesn't even have to make a new model, just use the character's model, apply a visual coloring effect on it (such as like shadow form, except make it ghostly), and levitate them while making them partially transparent.

Tangent Note: Angel is not referenced in wow hardly at all, likely because they do not wish to tread on established religions. The only mention I can even find is a level 70 shield Aegis of Angelic Fortune, and Angelfish..

Quote Originally Posted by Mercrom
    Before you say there are more "pressing matters" than models, think for a second. Do you really think the visual artists would use the time saved to balance the game or fix bugs?
    Yes, only druids need more models true?

15+ Year Old Account

even if the dev say yes its a good idea, we will do it
    but not until 2011 lol, yes they are that lazy!

Quote Originally Posted by thethain
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    This is incorrect on so many levels.
    1. Angels are an idea represented in many religions and fantasy settings, some have gender, others don't.
    2. Spirit of Redemption is just that, "Spirit" not angel of redemption. A spirit is usually considered the soul of someone who used to be alive, in this particular sense, its obviously the priest(ess)'s own spirit therefore would have the same identity of its owner. Much how the Orc spirits in Nagrand are either male or female.
    3. You have gained the title "Matron". Anyone with the children's week title knows that Spirit of Redemption most definitely does have a gender assigned to it. And SURPRISE its female.

Lastly. The team doesn't even have to make a new model, just use the character's model, apply a visual coloring effect on it (such as like shadow form, except make it ghostly), and levitate them while making them partially transparent.

Tangent Note: Angel is not referenced in wow hardly at all, likely because they do not wish to tread on established religions. The only mention I can even find is a level 70 shield Aegis of Angelic Fortune, and Angelfish..
    Weee...Kelesti, he (she?) actually owned you for good

By the way, to the OP, do you realize how much OP is this spell?
    Let's say it is glyphed to 18 seconds of duration, you will have a Priest in a 3v3 arena match with 18 seconds of immunity to CC, almost immunity to "Bursts" due to the 25% less damage taken, and able to cast GH while running away?

15+ Year Old Account

In order to even slightly balance it out for pvp you would have to be rooted to the ground while it was active, even then it'd be ludicrously strong.

Imo, merge lightwell + SoR and bring back the old karazhan book groupies! Have a % chance on cast proc to summon a SoR, while theyre active they just spam prayer of healing.

I would like for Spirit of Redemption to be triggreable. I don't really care much about what it looks like to be honest. With death after it vanish.

It's surprisingly useful to be able to heal uninterrupted for ten seconds when you're all out of mana. Dying seems like a small price for this.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

And then people complain how Blizzard doesn't listen. Among 11 million people, there's at least 5 million dumb ideas, such as this one - created by some bored guy/girl who probably doesn't see the larger, so called balance picture. Oh well, at least devs don't need to take anyone's dumb ramblings and implement it into the game. Oh wait..

To start, I'm speaking for myself. I think others will agree:

(1) I take SoR for the 5% Spirit bonus.
    (2) I cannot recall when the SoR form was actually make or break during a raid.
    (3) Before updating the SoR model, please change the NE model so off-hand items do not clip into my toon's leg.
    (4) I'd rather the SoR form be removed for a more functional lightwell.
    (5) I think the OPs idea is clearly extreme for PvP. However, while 15sec of free healing every 5 mins would be nice, it would not make or break my regen on a given PvE fight. A fail on both fronts.
    --------------------------
    Personal tirade to follow:
    --------------------------
    (6) I'm tired of ideas (good or bad), being thrown out the window because of the amorphous "arena balance." Blizzard needs to make an "Arenas of Warcraft" game for people who enjoy it. No need to level, just choose a character/class, login to Battle.net, start arena game, and get rating. Its so simple... a perfect, self contained world to work out all the complexities of arena balance. No need for gear, if you are the best at what you do, you out perform everyone else and get the best rating.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aureliana
    Yes, only druids need more models true?
    I'm pretty sure holy priests arent in their spirit of redemption model all the time like druids are in their feral forms all the time so that has got to be one of the dumbest posts ive read all day.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    I'm pretty sure holy priests arent in their spirit of redemption model all the time like druids are in their feral forms all the time so that has got to be one of the dumbest posts ive read all day.
    That's not meaning of time. Warriors change stance 1/hour and the icon lasts 2 sec... but it has changed. I think your post is dumb and pointless. New models, graphic and so on are the best way to keep people in a game.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aureliana
    That's not meaning of time. Warriors change stance 1/hour and the icon lasts 2 sec... but it has changed. I think your post is dumb and pointless. New models, graphic and so on are the best way to keep people in a game.
    yes true but there was definitely a bigger need for new feral forms than for a change in spirit of redemption since druids are in that form practically all the time and have been putting up with it since vanilla wow. Now i understand that new models is always a plus cuz its something new and everyone always loves something new. but come on u shouldnt be looking forward to dying just so u can see ur new and improved model.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"