Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: And why not us ?

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    yes true but there was definitely a bigger need for new feral forms than for a change in spirit of redemption since druids are in that form practically all the time and have been putting up with it since vanilla wow. Now i understand that new models is always a plus cuz its something new and everyone always loves something new. but come on u shouldnt be looking forward to dying just so u can see ur new and improved model.
    I'd just like to see some freshness in graphic, not just in class mechanics... just this ^^

Is spirit of redemption even an angel of any sort? Then the claim of it being "without gender" is overdone.

Use this macro to check the gender of a SoR:

local genderTable = { "undefined", "male", "female" };
    DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage('Target is ' .. genderTable[UnitSex("target")] .. '.');

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    This is incorrect on so many levels.
    1. Angels are an idea represented in many religions and fantasy settings, some have gender, others don't.
    2. Spirit of Redemption is just that, "Spirit" not angel of redemption. A spirit is usually considered the soul of someone who used to be alive, in this particular sense, its obviously the priest(ess)'s own spirit therefore would have the same identity of its owner. Much how the Orc spirits in Nagrand are either male or female.
    3. You have gained the title "Matron". Anyone with the children's week title knows that Spirit of Redemption most definitely does have a gender assigned to it. And SURPRISE its female.

Lastly. The team doesn't even have to make a new model, just use the character's model, apply a visual coloring effect on it (such as like shadow form, except make it ghostly), and levitate them while making them partially transparent.

Tangent Note: Angel is not referenced in wow hardly at all, likely because they do not wish to tread on established religions. The only mention I can even find is a level 70 shield Aegis of Angelic Fortune, and Angelfish..

Weee...Kelesti, he (she?) actually owned you for good

By the way, to the OP, do you realize how much OP is this spell?
    Let's say it is glyphed to 18 seconds of duration, you will have a Priest in a 3v3 arena match with 18 seconds of immunity to CC, almost immunity to "Bursts" due to the 25% less damage taken, and able to cast GH while running away?

Let me guess, you probably think Dispersion for shadow priests is also way OPed, right? Shadow priests take 15% less physical and magic damage while in shadow form and doesnt stop the "burst" in anyway.

SoR is a novelty now, I dont even know many priests that take it as anything more than a filler right now and a 5% spirit bonus which is arguable. If the spell changed you know the glyph would as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmen
    Let me guess, you probably think Dispersion for shadow priests is also way OPed, right? Shadow priests take 15% less physical and magic damage while in shadow form and doesnt stop the "burst" in anyway.

SoR is a novelty now, I dont even know many priests that take it as anything more than a filler right now and a 5% spirit bonus which is arguable. If the spell changed you know the glyph would as well.
    Let me guess, you probably don't know how to read do you?

Dispersion compared to this "kind" of spell? Dispersion is simply a regen tool for PvE and a minimize damage tool in PvP, and you compare it with something tha "prevents burst", even 10% more less damage than Dispersion, and allows you to keep casting while running away, maybe with B&S up?

Mmmmkay....

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    You're saying his post is dumb, yet you're asking for a model change of something that:

1) Shouldn't show up often
    2) Lasts 15 seconds (or whatever)
    3) Means you're an idiot if you died prematurely
    4) Is a wipe indicator

So basically, you're saying that if they changed SoR model / graphics it'd keep people in game. Are you born stupid or is it that you evolved trough the years? How about reading and thinking about what you're about to write?
    I can't find anything dumb in changing a model, even if it's a "failure" model. I don't see much work in this, as you can change other models easily. Hope i answered you correcly, as a saw you can make your point only by offending random people.

I'm not offending random people, just ones that call others dumb and who are truly dumb. Your argument "it draws people back to the game" is so insanely stupid. Listen to this scenario:

A: Hey, you planning getting back to WoW?
    B: No, the game sucks, priest mechanics are retarded for me, cba.

A: They changed Spirit of Redemption model.
    B: OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111 * runs to buy the gamecard *

That's essentially what you said, it's stupid on so many levels that it could be measured by Richter's scale. Now if I offended you, go suffer and grow some balls. Also, think before posting or be just another in the sea of tards flowing around the net.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    I'm not offending random people, just ones that call others dumb and who are truly dumb. Your argument "it draws people back to the game" is so insanely stupid. Listen to this scenario:

A: Hey, you planning getting back to WoW?
    B: No, the game sucks, priest mechanics are retarded for me, cba.

A: They changed Spirit of Redemption model.
    B: OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111 * runs to buy the gamecard *

That's essentially what you said, it's stupid on so many levels that it could be measured by Richter's scale. Now if I offended you, go suffer and grow some balls. Also, think before posting or be just another in the sea of tards flowing around the net.
    Never wrote it should attract people. Learn to read. I said i would like this change, and in your crappy attempt to get something to do this afternoon is failing: i'm not getting offended, sorry. And you are showing your rudeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Angels are genderless. Get over yourself and the need to compensate.
    Angels don't exist. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aureliana
    Never wrote it should attract people. Learn to read. I said i would like this change, and in your crappy attempt to get something to do this afternoon is failing: i'm not getting offended, sorry. And you are showing your rudeness.
    I'll be blunt now, I promise, brace yourself - I'm not trying to offend you at all. Now, since you're of no interrest and are just one of the nubs in the sea, I won't try to communicate with you in any way. May the Light guide you trough your epic battle for Glory, oh mighty priest! Bye.

I wouldnt mind if you just became the angel for 10-15 seconds, stood still, free heals. It realy doesnt havnt to turn into some uber pvp holy version of pain supression. I dont think any healer would turn down a 1 point tallent that gives you free heals for 10-15 seconds. Maby even haste in the form, like 30-40%.

"OMG tank is dying! angel form! SPAM G HEAL!!!" somthing like that.

Its current state is pointless if you ask me.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

I agree with ELAmigo, compared to druid forms you are rarely being in that spirit form and even if you are, I think you might have other problems.
    For druids you could say it is a gamechanging experience (well not game mechanics but meh) but priests wouldn't even notive 99% of the time.
    Also if you consider how long it took the art team to come up with the druid forms, while there are still 2 forms missing, you might think they have enough other more pressing stuff to do.

And blizzard won't just throw some half-assy update out there to only change the angel slightly, if they do something they will do it with care and until they think, that they are really done with it... and that might as well take forever ;7
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

Let me guess, you probably don't know how to read do you?

Dispersion compared to this "kind" of spell? Dispersion is simply a regen tool for PvE and a minimize damage tool in PvP, and you compare it with something tha "prevents burst", even 10% more less damage than Dispersion, and allows you to keep casting while running away, maybe with B&S up?

Mmmmkay....
    I wouldnt consider this OP in any way tbh. Remeber that the talent is pretty deep in holy, and would exclude penance from a specc. I would never specc for this even if it was implemented, simply because penance is too freaking awesome, not to mention necessary for arenas these days.

Furthermore he didnt say immune to cc, just immune to snare... With priests having the worst mobility of all the healing classes, I dont really see that as much of a problem.

Ignoring MS would probably be over the top though. Removing it when activated could work though.
    The anti-interupt is also unnecessary imo. Without snares, and being able to cast on the fly, you should still have some vulnerabilities

Since I play shadow whenever I pvp I'm not gonna comment on the PVE balance of this suggestion.
    But all in all I consider it a nice addition of flavour for the holy tree, but largely useless, since it won't make ppl specc holy anyway. Much like the body and soul buff, really cool... But noone ever speccs it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shad47
    Well it's not really cool when you play a male priest and you transform into a female guardian ><
    Priests play the Crying Game.

Weee...Kelesti, he (she?) actually owned you for good
    I see that. And so, I take a step back.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~