Holy paladins and arena

I saw alot of holy paladins going prot for arena. Is this better than the regular holy pvp spec? If so please link build and tell me why, also do me a favor a link the holy pvp build.

Re: Holy paladins and arena

Depends on your comp
    Prot requires a decent partner who can do early peels very quickly as you don't have the Stun removal of Ret/Holy or the instant of Holy but you'll almost never go oom and are incredibly annoying if you can play offensively.

Proly is good in arena simply because of the silence and being the toughest to kill enemy you're likely to encounter. Bursting them down is suicide for almost any melee, attacking a Proly while getting beat on by their partners is just about as rough as getting attacked by a triple burst team, and yet your target still isn't dying.

Proly's lack of an instant means they can only be paired with more defensive teammates, a rogue who knows how to play defensive can pull it off, but usually they're limited to Druids, Paladins, DKs, and Warriors. I've heard of Enh pairings doing okay, but I wouldn't trust them because they're SO cooldown dependent.

Check my armory for a prot-healing arena spec. It's a great spec, it's amazing how you can stun + silence a target while your warrior is bladestorming him. The only class the it's really a head-ache with this spec are DK's, due their large ammount of interrupts and magical dmg.

I don't think holy/prot is really a good spec (for 2v2), so, if you don't like prot/holy, try holy/ret.

Deleted

Would appreciate it a lot if someone would link couple of Prothealer arena vids. thanks.

Why? They're so horribly boring :P

Theres a 3s video of a 21/50/0 pally in a double healer comp that reached like 2.3k on warcraftmovies. Too bad the video is short and the pally is pretty sub-par (seemed like the Disc priest was carrying the horribad pally and tunnel visioned DK partners.