Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Little enhancement video in ulduar

Hey guys so i made a little video showing what a shaman can do in ulduar, but i want to hear what other enhancement shamans think. You know tips form coworkers hehehe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRS5hfzuphY the fight is kologarn in ulduar 10 mode. i know i droped the ball twice once targeting and the second time by casting a lb yea casting sigh. but any way let me know what you think.

Re: Little enhancement video in ulduar

It's the most obnoxious music I have ever heard.
    This user has been banned.

Well i was looking more in the lines of the game and not my music choices but i guess a comment is a comment thanks.

u rlly should be standing in the middle, infront of the body, where the tanks stands. that way u can be in melee range of all 3 parts plus u wont get eye beamed.

oh yah, and the music was very annoying..

really you are in range from his hands in that position? i should try that out. Just mute the thing is you dont like it, thats what i do when i watch videos with "metal/rock" you are in control.

DPS'ing from in front of his chest (on top of the tank) is where melee should be. You are in range of both hands, and the chest. Also if you drop Magma in the middle there with you it should hit all 3, and chain lightning also hits all 3 when you cast at him. You don't even have to be looking at the hands, just basically sit on the tank and DPS from there, saves a lot of headache from moving and the eye beams.

yah its been tested and its very usefull.. the first few runs i did with my guild i kept telling all the melees (coz they forget if u tell them only once, right?!) to stand there and there was no problem at reaching either hands, no1 got eye beamed, and when adds came, no1 got hit by them, coz the adds were on the sides.

its very usefull^_^ enjoy the tip...

Thanks i was looking for some comments like this !!!

love the music its so much better than the crappy rock music most people use ^^
    now if only someone would start using jpop in video's xD
    i havnt bothered watching many ulduar fights but kologarn looks kinda fun :P

oh man im glad some one enjoyed my tunes! i don't go giving 1 stars to rock songs :P i think im gonna keep up the jpop and put a warning everyone will be happy that way imo. thaks for the comment man

15+ Year Old Account

Badass UI.

Music made me think of the Powerpuff girls. it wasn't too bad :P

Quote Originally Posted by lichy
    u rlly should be standing in the middle, infront of the body, where the tanks stands. that way u can be in melee range of all 3 parts plus u wont get eye beamed.

oh yah, and the music was very annoying..
    I've tried few times and there was simply no spot that I could dps all body parts without moving.Chain Lightning- yes hits all 3, magma- no.Will have to try it next week once more.

to OP: unusual music choice but I've liked it! Quite interesting to see how other shamans are doing, I'm usually top on Kologarn also with higher figures than yours, but then again, my gear is better. Just 2 things:
    1) /bitchslap for 4:30ish MW_2 -LB
    2) are you using WF/WF? otherwise i cant get how do you have WF ranges from 3k to 6k+

Edit: Btw what font do you use for combat text? seen it in some other videos also and its lovely,my mik's battle text doesn't have it,where could I get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalioshas
    I've tried few times and there was simply no spot that I could dps all body parts without moving.Chain Lightning- yes hits all 3, magma- no.Will have to try it next week once more.

to OP: unusual music choice but I've liked it! Quite interesting to see how other shamans are doing, I'm usually top on Kologarn also with higher figures than yours, but then again, my gear is better. Just 2 things:
    1) /bitchslap for 4:30ish MW_2 -LB
    2) are you using WF/WF? otherwise i cant get how do you have WF ranges from 3k to 6k+

Edit: Btw what font do you use for combat text? seen it in some other videos also and its lovely,my mik's battle text doesn't have it,where could I get it?
    1) i know lol was trying to target things right and it just sliped! not to mention that beam that got me in the left arm.
    2) its called having nax10 weapons in a 10 man ulduar :P and im doing wf/ft you can see it on the video between bartender and recount
    3) http://wowwebstats.com/upn54zqb11zfq?s=383676-437974&m so this is me in a regular day still windfury is sad and low D: dps is ok though

I use mirk well i used to but ppl dont like it in videos so i turn it off and tun on nicedmg addon (just a font replacement not a sct addon) for the videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Badass UI.

Music made me think of the Powerpuff girls. it wasn't too bad :P

thanks man but you can see the ui crap son me i dont know whats up with that sigh maybe turning off DMB but then my GL will gkick me :P ill try replacing it with bigwigs.
    I can see the first song but the second song? thats like saying korn sings pokemon songs :P but hey maybe that how we will and end up in the year 2050!!!

Pro tip:

Stand where tank is FACING BOSS(body). Just target the arm and you cant hit it, if u turn to face arm you ill not be able to hit it. sounds dumb but thats the way it works and also you are safe from eye beams. CL and MT are win on this fight.

look at that so i face the boss? well i thank you for your tip i will make sure to try it out in tonight's raid!

Both arms' and the body's hit box is the body itself. Like everyone already said, stand with the tank and just tab target to which ever part you need to kill. Don't use LB unless CL is on cooldown.

That music made me flip off a box of baby kittens.

Nice job editing the video what program did you use? I have some 25m Ulduar videos I want to put up on youtube but I am a noob editor and I need help with it!

15+ Year Old Account

Another suggestion I'd like to add for Kologarn. I noticed the left arm was under 15% when the right arm died at the end. Everyone switched to Kologarn for the kill as he was at about 12%. If you are in that situation again, kill off the left arm and Kologarn will instantly die and you get the Disarmed achievement if you haven't already.

How this works:
    Each time an arm is killed, Kologarn loses 15% of his health. This only happens at the death of the arm so you won't see his health lower as your dps'ing the arm. If at any time killing the right arm brings Kologarn to 15% or less health and the remaining arm is also at relatively low health, you should focus the remaining arm as it will burn much faster.

you guys are bringing excellent points !!! thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoor
    Nice job editing the video what program did you use? I have some 25m Ulduar videos I want to put up on youtube but I am a noob editor and I need help with it!
    oh its call sony vegas pro, you can use loiliscope for free and its leet for 15 days, or vegas free for 30. also adboe something or other for 30 days free. the adobe one is much more powerful but i don't know how to use it. Sony Vegas is really really simple, or maybe i use it like that tis a professional program don't know. Feels like a not so big step up from windows movie maker to be honest :P