Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: How to drood's get compensated for prowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    Just tested this for myself. level 80 druid, level 38 rogue. I took them both to the top of the Orgrimmar flightmaster tower, and jumped off:

Druid takes approx 6k fall damage, immediately loses stealth on impact.
    Rogue takes approx 400 fall damage, does not break stealth.

Rogue does not have safe fall. Druid has Feline Grace.
    See what I mean? I swear to god half the people posting here are completely missing the point. SAFE FALL AND FELINE GRACE DO NOT PREVENT STEALTH BREAKS.

I'm not talking about NEEDING to fall from mountains w/o breaking stealth, I'm talking about falling from slightly above average heights (WITH grace/fall) and NOT breaking stealth.

Rogues do not break stealth on fall damage EVER. DRUID'S DO ALWAYS.

You cannot fly in caves, you cannot fly in Azeroth, you cannot fly from 68-77 in NR therefore it is NOT compensation for being sneaky.

@Amandi: Yes the advantage is called vanish, something that would also solve the problem with stealth breaks that drood's still don't have - I don't care I just don't want to break stealth after falling.

Deleted

To the ones still clueless:

Falling from the same cliff. Both in stealth (druid in cat form)

lvl 20 rogue - 1000 health total: Takes 400 damage = stealth does NOT break
    lvl 20 druid - 1000 health total: Takes 400 damage = STEALTH BREAKES

lvl 70 rogue - 10000 health total: Takes 0 damage = stealth does NOT break
    lvl 70 druid - 10000 health total: Takes 0 damage = stealth does NOT break

Now they fall from a higher cliff. Both take 2000 damage.

rogue lvl 70 = stealth does NOT break
    druid lvl 70 = STEALTH BREAKES

See the issue?

For rogues: At first stealth broke on falldmg, then they removed it some some patch (can't remember if it was vanilla or BC) and with WotLK they added it again. (stealthily though, don't think it was in any patch notes)

Might be relevant info that we've been going back and forth on that issue for quite some time.

I have no idea why rogues get to fall safely...er than cats though. (since we apparently do, we keep stealth!)

I like parentheses'.

Quote Originally Posted by Corgyll
    For rogues: At first stealth broke on falldmg, then they removed it some some patch (can't remember if it was vanilla or BC) and with WotLK they added it again. (stealthily though, don't think it was in any patch notes)

Might be relevant info that we've been going back and forth on that issue for quite some time.

I have no idea why rogues get to fall safely...er than cats though. (since we apparently do, we keep stealth!)

I like parentheses'.
    It sounds like you're saying that rogues stealh breaks on fall damage, as of right now it does not.

and this matters how?

there are few if any places where falling from heights shows any advantage, and then since the game is about 80 and perks that don't show up till xx lvl aren't factored in cause it's the 80 game.... rogues get a bugged stealth that doesn't break on some fall dmg amounts...

all in all, it's a bug that ranks abouteven with vanish related issues imo. not worth the time to fix.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

That is clearly your opinion. The situations you claim to be few are for yourself only, some of us run into those situations quite often whether lvling or PvP. Not so much raiding I would assume, but I know that you'll run into issues ninja'ing towers in AV or crawling thru quest dungeons while lvling or even for dailies at 80.

The rogue's clearly got a buff, not a bug as you say it is - and it is something that drood's should also get, plain and simple.

Rogues stealth not breaking on fall damage was added in the same patch as when picking up BG boosts (zerking, sprint, heal, etc) would not break stealth. Before this patch, picking up the boosts and fall damage would cancel stealth, after it, they no longer did. If I had to hazard a guess, it was the Sunwell patch, but I'm not really sure on that at all.

IMO, druids should be lucky they have stealth. That is THE rogue defining ability (combined with stuns, which druids also have a chunk of). When Blizzard was going to remove movement imparing abilities on shamans shifting into Ghost Wolf, that was changed because it was too much of a "Druid class defining ability", yet they can stealth just like rogues can, in ANY spec. I'm not whining, I'm just saying be grateful for what you have, stealth is an awesome ability, just don't jump far.

If something as basic as stealth will be revered as the class-defining ability of a rogue and that a drood can't have the same thing because of it, why not just remove it and give us another original mechanic?

This was sarcasm since it obviously would never work that way. However as far as skills too much like that of another class, really? I've heard them say it in the past, but that was followed by a bunch of re-hashings of the same skills anyways. Blizzard is like Rain of Fire, Every pet can use the warriors charge skill, including drood charge.

As it stands right now, the "class defining rogue ability" is only slightly diff from drood in that it doesn't break stealth. With that little of a difference you might as well just give drood the exact same stealth as it doesn't negatively impact either class if you do so.

LEVEL 40 Skill

Feline Grace (Passive)
    Instant
    Requires Cat Form
    Reduces damage from falling.

do research before starting a class please.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiJakkass86
    If something as basic as stealth will be revered as the class-defining ability of a rogue and that a drood can't have the same thing because of it, why not just remove it and give us another original mechanic?
    As basic as it might seem, so does shifting removing snares. Also, thats basically the only thing rogues have that others dont. Granted they have slightly better control with their CC and better stun control but many classes have CC and stuns, stealth is one of the things that they have that only 1 other does. I wouldn't be against giving druids a different mechanic (i know that was sarcasm on your part, but that's what has happened to other classes, being given something, then it goes to a different class. However those things usually don't make it live). I know it will never happen, I'm just giving suggestions as to why it may work that way. I garuntee Blizzard knows that cats do break on fall dmg and rogues don't, and there is obviously a reason for it. Whether that reason is it is too much of a rogue thing, or that druids have much more in their arsenal, or somethin else entirely. I was just tossing an idea out.

Quote Originally Posted by fetteboy1988
    LEVEL 40 Skill

Feline Grace (Passive)
    Instant
    Requires Cat Form
    Reduces damage from falling.

do research before starting a class please.
    Read a post before you try to be a smartass please. He isn't asking why druids take MORE fall dmg, but rather why their stealth breaks on fall damage, while a rogue's stealth does not.

For those who lack reading comprehension.

Rogue TAKES fall damage, stealth DOES NOT break.
    Druids TAKES fall damage, stealth DOES break.

Druids aren't Rogues. There's no rules in WoW that says everything that Rogues can do, Cats can do as well. We're completely different classes, we just use combo points, energy, and have stealth. Why aren't you asking why Hunter's don't have Bloodlust?