Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Diddy and the state of Ret

Quote Originally Posted by Val3rim
    149k damage done what does that mean? nothing

he needed 149k damage to kill people wich means the opponent could keep up his team members quite a while, so pala was less effective than lets say a mage and rogue doing each 30k damage each at the end of the game in wich you can understand that the kills were fast and effective with higher burst than the paladin did.

149k damage is insanely frustrating for a paladin because that means he was spamming all his CDs while burning the the opposing teams healer his mana without actuall being effective and hoping the healer will be oom soon.
    QFT. I play ret/Disc and it's so frustrating seeing healers top themselves up so easily. I play the Disc side of this comp and I can tell you the ret is the easy part to face most of the time. All healers have many ways of dealing with a ret's damage. We own cleave teams though - and mage/rogue is usually an auto-win if we play properly.

Please, refrain from using terms that you're not comfortably familiar with just because they have recently become used by everyone. A Mage/Rogue hardly qualifies as a "cleave team". It's a double-DPS team, if you insist on giving it a "special" name for whatever reason.

However, your actual point is sound. Being a Ret's healer myself in 2v2s (albeit not a Priest but a (2nd) Paladin), I see my teammate do incredible damage to an enemy team's healer, certainly more than for example an Arms-Warrior is doing to me (Paladin vs. Druid healer, its only logical that I take less physical damage). Yet, the Warrior is burning through my mana at a rapid pace while the opposing team healer's mana ist slowly going down, drop by drop.

Especially as a Paladin, it's impossible to avoid the combination of MS and Overpower 100% of the time, whereas the druid doesn't even have to worry about standing still to cast.

In the end, any good healer will be able to survive a single Ret's damage for quite some time. In fact, the Ret needs to do that much damage to get any chance of scoring a kill on a healer in Arenas, and he's still working through the healer's mana far less effective than a warrior. It's in teams with another heavy-dmg melee-DD that a Ret really shines.

I think one of the biggest problems with ret is the low skillcap. This leads to two scenarios, in the low brackets Ret pallies can run around in mostly pve gear and demolish people who arent very high in resi or health, and sometimes in the high brackets they can get some lucky crits and do the same. However when you get up in to the higher ratings good teams just control ret pallies, and by not having an MS debuff they become way less viable.

A ret pally has to do twice the damage of a warrior or rogue to be competitive. Without an MS debuff if we cant kill a healer within the little cc we have were screwed. Ret pallies dont even have a reliable interrupt so if HoJ is down healers can just spam heals into the pallies face.

If blizz outright nerfs the burst pallies will disappear from arena unless they are compensated with something to enable them to kill healers.

And yes Diddy played a ret at MLG, but it didnt work all that well, it only really worked as a suprise burst and hope you catch the other team unprepared. Personally I would love them to add some complexity to ret paladin, its a fun class but its annoying just mashing 4 buttons over and over to do damage. Give us some kind of offensive utility and make our burst have some kind of prerequisite and I think ret will be in a good place.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    If they're so OP why don't you just roll one and show your pro skills at playing a game by dominating s6 or s7 getting Furious/Frustrated Gladiator
    Indeed..

All of the people saying "OMGZ RET IS SO FACEROOL 3 BUTTONS GOGO INSTAWIN" are pretty much retards.
    Try playing retri at higher ratings, and you'll see it's not faceroll.. But you'll never get there, because 90% of the players posting like this on MMO-Champion are some random scrubs at 1300 rating who are whining when a ret with 4x 8.5 and Aesir's Edge pwning you with 2 CD's with wings, trinket and berserker on.

Ranishka, mind if I steal the quote from your sig ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by czechx
    But look at fucking Diddy for Gravitas Gaming just wreck these DLR teams as PRetRogue.
    First round he got over 100k damage which was triple Fnatic's team damage, and second round was the same.
    Thoughts???
    and their team didnt make it to the top4 anyway, so obviously ret isnt that OP.
    perhaps start nerfing RMP~~

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok
    Ranishka, mind if I steal the quote from your sig ?
    Go ahead:P

Quote Originally Posted by Spamb0t
    and their team didnt make it to the top4 anyway, so obviously ret isnt that OP.
    perhaps start nerfing RMP~~
    RMP contains the 3 classes with arguably the highest skillcap, it's not normal that you find so many RMPs on the live-servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranishka
    RMP contains the 3 classes with arguably the highest skillcap, it's not normal that you find so many RMPs on the live-servers.
    uhm the top 2 teams on cyclone eu bg is RMP teams
    3 rmp in top5 and 6 in top10
    that isnt many? only over 50% ;p

http://eu.wowarmory.com/arena-ladder.xml?ts=3&b=Cyclone

Quote Originally Posted by Spamb0t
    uhm theres 3 rmp in top5 and 6 in top10 on cyclone eu bg
    that isnt many? only over 50% ;p

http://eu.wowarmory.com/arena-ladder.xml?ts=3&b=Cyclone
    It was OP in the beginning of S6, and RMP teams just played non-stop at the beginning and gained the high ratings. RMP maybe needs to be nerfed slightly, but not to the ground.

I dont understand why everybody is always into this "balance" thing. Nothing is realy balanced, get used to it? sigh... and i i'm sure most of you are voters....
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Ret is quite a bit of faceroll on there dmg, ill admit, but its not like its a powerfull arena class.. you say that ditty did 149k in a fight(which he soon got benched after), but there where fights with dks doing 300k. Sure ret has some nice burst, and will always end up high in total dmg when not locked down, but plain and simple.. its not a class anyone at that tourney wanted to play... and the team that did play it won like 1 or 2 match's total, and they sat the ret after 2 games, outa the 5, after going 1-1 in the match i remember them winning. Those are my thoughts.. class proved less then useful for them.

Also you where talking about how he was doing it to the RLS teams... the 2 RLD/RLS teams got royally rolled.. they did terrible at this tourney, both only taking 1 win outa 6 matches, and one of there wins was vs each other.