Warrior/Pala Arena - always go for the healer?

Hey warriors,
    i am playing arena with a holy paladin 52/19/0 (i am on 57/14/0) and have both around 650 resi.
    We are on 1500 rating and struggling very hard to get higher.
    In healer/melee-combos i jump direct on the healer - rending, ms, overpowering ... try to put pressure on, while in most cases the other dd also goes for my healer.

Problems are droods (with skill ) kiting me - with 18s charge its nearly impossible to stay on them - in those case i try to go for the dd: what happens is that the drood roots and cyclones me permanently, watching the other dd beating my healer while i am playing tower defense - wait for someone to come over.... :

An other problem are roqou-disci-combos: in most cases the rogue goes on my pala - i have two possibilitys
    1.: going for the roque. try to disarm, rend, ms and bladestorm him - but every time my damage seems not enough to force the disci to heal the rouge all the time and stop him from manaburning my pala, cause it seems like the rouge avoids most of my strikes. the priest burns the pala oom and we loose.
    2.: i go for the disci -> the rogue goes on me slows me with his poison to death - making it impossible for me to get near the priests - hand of freedom helps for 10 seconds, but doesnt last long enough to kill the priest. If the rogue stays on my pala- he simply does lot more damage than i do on the priest.

So, maybe some can give me a little hint, how to handle drood or disci-combos.

Re: Warrior/Pala Arena - always go for the healer?

I play warr/drood mostly in 2's so some of the info may be off a bit for your comp.

Vs rogue teams i usually try and shut down the rogue. It is your pally's job to LOS the priest as much as possible and even keep the rogue outta the priest's LOS. This keeps him from mana burning your healer, as well as keeping the rogue from getting his heals spammed on him. Keeping pressure on the rogue means the priest can't be blowing through your healer mana either, lest he lose a rogue. Outlasting a rogue's defensive CD's is key.

If you see your paladin get feared into the open the priest will usually be trying to mana burn him. At this point, focus charge the priest till your pally can regain some LOS. Use pummel if the priest tries to burn the pally after the charge stun, or create enough pressure for the priest to worry about healing instead of pally mana. Intervene (or intercept) and blow some CD's to slow the rogue if your pally gets into trouble during the switch.

Crip poison sucks hard, i feel ya. If possible, keep a HS on the priest and a Rend/HS on the rogue as your pally will be slowed from the crip as well. Having a mobile priest fearing your pally around is a pain.

Watch the priest like a hawk cause if he starts to run away, he's gonna drink. A nice reckless + Bladestorm will have the rogue screaming for heals (i wouldn't advise using this early in a fight though). Also, watch the rogue when your rend starts ticking low. A good rogue will try to separate from you and reset after his CD's are blown. So you'll catch a stun around this time, be prepared.

In the end leather vs plate and your MS in there means you should get more pressure on the rogue than he can on your pally.

Vs Drood, more of the same. Pally stay LOS to avoid cyclones at inopportune moments. Try and burst down the DD hard and fast cause you prolly won't win the mana war. Coordinate your HoJ with your dmg CD's to create burst moments. If the DD gets away from you, get your spellreflect button ready causeyou're gonna get roots/cyclone. Switch targets as much as possible w/out losing pressure. If you're in control, you can switch everytime the drood gets all his hots on a target. This is the best way to attack teh druid's mana.

Really, druid fights are control, control, control. And just pray you don't get DK/drood

Also, i've heard alotta pallies spec prot(ish) and wear healing gear in 2's. IDK if that is your 52/19/0 spec or not, but maybe have the pally look into it as HoJ gets a better CD.

Hope this helps

Thanx man, that all sounds plausible. Today i realised, that we re playing with a 230 latency, which, i think is another reason for our suck.

I think a lot of the problems you are having are a result of your healer not playing very aggressively. I play both a Warrior and Resto Shaman in PVP and have found that your healer has to be VERY AGGRESSIVE against Druids to keep them from shutting down the Warrior.

Paladins used to be disadvantaged here - that is no longer true. As Holy with a bit of Prot you get a huge advantage over other classes such as a very short CD on HoJ and the Captain America interrupt. When playing against a Druid he should be taking full advantage of these abilities to prevent you from ever being Cycloned or Entangled.

You are correct about having to be on the healer a large majority of the time when playing Warrior, but there are a few situations where this is a bad idea. Warlocks, for example, need to be watched carefully. If you are not on a Warlock most of the time then your healer will eventually get Feared due to the lock not having to continually cast to bring your healer out of hiding. Most of the time I just drop 5 Sunders on the Lock and then wail on him, occasionally Intercepting the Healer -> then charging straight back to Lock.

You need to do something similar against Rogues. Your healer needs to be very vocal while he is trying to survive the Rogue so that you know when to switch to the Rogue and Disarm/Fear/etc. But really you need to spend most of your time on the Disc. Don't be afraid to go zerker to Pummel - this also sets you up for a Reck/Bladestorm combo since he will already be messed up by the spell cancel and probably is panicking if he has <50% hp and Unrelenting Assault debuff.

Anyway, good luck and tell your Pala to be more aggressive vs. those Druids!

Thanks for help, but my pally wants to know, what is the captain america interrupt?
    We are european

Thanks for help, but my pally wants to know, what is the captain america interrupt?
    The flying frisbee aka Avenger's Shield. Well AS is not really a bit of Prot :-)
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

Simply put if the other team has the following for a healer

Paly = kill the dps (unless the dps is a paly too)
    Druid = Take the loss like a man
    Shaman = kill the healer
    Priest = kill the healer

Quote Originally Posted by Slasha
    Thanx man, that all sounds plausible. Today i realised, that we re playing with a 230 latency, which, i think is another reason for our suck.
    Niggah u srs, 230 latency would be a dream for me. I play on liek 1k, still 1500 rated tho ;D.

230ms!? 400-500 ping here.

depends on the team.

against mirrors ALWAYS ALWAYS attack the other warrior. if hes trying to get your healer he wont be able to catch up for very long with a perma hamstring on him. if he gets freedomed no biggy jsut have your palla use freedom after it fades and then they get away.

against rogues burn that rogue have your pally dispelling and casting freedom on whopever is getting attacked target as much as possible.

priests well it really depends on who they are with. if they are with a DK then yea id say go on the priest, w/ rogue go for rogue.

Druids can be very very tricky. you need to be able to pressure the other dps enough to draw the druid out and not let him cyclone. if you can draw him out....keep switching your dps back and forth between the 2 of them so hes constantly stacking hots and wasting mana, if this isnt possible you need to be on the other dps the entire time...druids are very good at getting drinks off, dont let them.

paladins can be tough. if they are prot dont bother them. I usually try to attack whoever doesnt have sacred shield on them. it can cost a lot of mana to switch it constantly.

i dont see too many shaman but i dont like to bother them because of water shield.

try to catch both targets ina bladestorm if you can and watch both health bars...whoever gets lower try a quick burn on them, a switch after a bladestorm can really catch someone off guard.

if the healer is a priest, attack the dd, keep him healing so he isnt mana burning
    in mirror comps i never really focus the war, free rage= more dmg/hamstrings for him and little to nothing for you

those are my general tips, at least they do well for me =x
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

15+ Year Old Account

Sometimes I go on whatever I can down fastest.

In 2s it's pretty much whoever gets an opponent down first, wins.

When facing rogue/dk/warrior teams I do my best to keep them Demoralized and Disarmed. Much easier on the healer.

Quote Originally Posted by xGenshinx
    Niggah u srs, 230 latency would be a dream for me. I play on liek 1k, still 1500 rated tho ;D.
    Anyone with Latency problems, i'd like to recommend going to Warcraftmovies.com and downloading Incredible Warrior Tricks 3. Toward the end of the video he demonstrates a computer solution (changing your TCack) that drops latency down alot. I consistanly play with < 100 ms since this discovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldbattleaxe
    Anyone with Latency problems, i'd like to recommend going to Warcraftmovies.com and downloading Incredible Warrior Tricks 3. Toward the end of the video he demonstrates a computer solution (changing your TCack) that drops latency down alot. I consistanly play with < 100 ms since this discovery.
    Man if that work around wouldn't exist I would be very frustrated in PvP...Addicted to 20-60ms :-)
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.