Idea for Threat Management for Hodir Hardmode.

I was thinking to take off my dying curse to apply my Prism of Inner Calm that I got back in BC on Lady Vashj. It's a set number of threat reduced from crit strikes, and I wouldn't miss the hit from dying curse (and the proc could only happen a max of like 4 times, kinda sounds like a decent sacrifice to me if it works). It used to be amazing back in BC situationally. I could seed spam in Hyjal to my heart's content with it.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30621 is the item I'm talking about. Do you think it may have potential in Wrath?

Re: Idea for Threat Management for Hodir Hardmode.

Ok, 170 views and no answers, im up for some charity tonight.

Simply, no. On Hodir HM you WILL be taking aggro if you go all out all of the fight, a good DPS can get up to peaks of 15'000 DPS during the fight, and ther's no chance in hell a Tank will be able to stay on par.

The only way to do this is to: 1) Get a Feral Druid with more DPS items, don't bother trying with Warrs and Paladins, their items and talents won't allow them to get such high DPS as Feral Druids or 2) Simply stop when you are right about to pull, try to be more wise and don't mindlessly DPS getting hit by every AoE Hodir can pull out, try not to get flash freeze or get Icicles, and if you're that awesome to still pull aggro like this, simply /Sit and wait to get down on Omen.

Get one of your pallies to salv you.

Quote Originally Posted by vampfiend687
    my priest, i would go to a funeral home and rez the corpses and watch chaos. Also, i'd probably MC kanye west off a cliff, he annoys me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    Good luck, he would just interrupt you.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    try to be more wise and don't mindlessly DPS getting hit by every AoE Hodir can pull out, try not to get flash freeze or get Icicles, and if you're that awesome to still pull aggro like this, simply /Sit and wait to get down on Omen.
    This, as a lock my agro reduction sucks licks and blows so I find myself sitting around doing nothing more often than I would like but well not much else you can do. Overagro is much worse than doing nothing for a while.

just have the first person that gets Storm Cloud go to the tank and give him one charge of Storm Power,
    threat should be fine after that if your tank doesn't suck.

Call out to your tank to prepare to taunt when you approach 115% threat.. Worked for me. That gives you another 30% of threat to work with, assuming you stay at range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by jarell88
    Call out to your tank to prepare to taunt when you approach 115% threat.. Worked for me. That gives you another 30% of threat to work with, assuming you stay at range.
    Taunt will only give threat when the target's target is not the person taunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble
    Taunt will only give threat when the target's target is not the person taunting.
    You misunderstand. If the lock is at range, and the tank is quick on his toes, it's very possible to taunt Hodir once he makes a beeline for said lock putting one too many dots on him, before he actually reaches melee range of the lock. Of course, notifying the tank in advance that he should prepare to taunt tends to up the success rate of not getting smashed into a pulp by Hodir.

paly + fire = good threat

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Venum666
    paly + fire = good threat
    Or any tank + Storm Cloud as one poster above said
    German player, sorry for bad grammar.

Have your best mage going all out, right before he pulls aggro he have to use mirror images, still going all out till mirror images finishes. Right after them fading he will aggro -> tank taunts, mages uses invis = nice aggro buff for your tank. If thats still not enough you can still give your tank a storm cloud charge.

kriS411

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    Simply, no. On Hodir HM you WILL be taking aggro if you go all out all of the fight, a good DPS can get up to peaks of 15'000 DPS during the fight, and ther's no chance in hell a Tank will be able to stay on par.
    well this isn't correct for all classes.
    I couldn't pull aggro as a frost DK even when I suistained 13k DPS one kill.
    But I indeed know mages and warlocks having major prolbems.
    We have either a druid or warrior tank. The war just uses viligence (spelling?!) on one of the mages and stands in moonlights + is suppiled with the crit buff as well.
    same goes for the druid who puts out higher TPS numbers in general.

Quote Originally Posted by jarell88
    You misunderstand. If the lock is at range, and the tank is quick on his toes, it's very possible to taunt Hodir once he makes a beeline for said lock putting one too many dots on him, before he actually reaches melee range of the lock. Of course, notifying the tank in advance that he should prepare to taunt tends to up the success rate of not getting smashed into a pulp by Hodir.
    Yes, but even with high DPS, 130% is where it pulls, not 115.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

For hodir hard (I've done this) it is all about the tank.

First, the tank must not be using any form of resist gear. Resist gear will severely gimp his threat. Second, the tank must get used to having the stormcloud debuff as well and kiting into haste beams. This really boosts his threat.

Finally, he must be a skilled tank regardless, simple as that. When a player overaggroes he has to taunt and that player must surf threat for a while.

It requires people actually understand what omen is instead of going WOO HOOO I'm thunderfury! It is ok for everyone to surf threat because combined dps is still enough to take hodir down in time usually. Don't be afraid to wipe it to repeat for the achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble
    Yes, but even with high DPS, 130% is where it pulls, not 115.
    I heard giving allowance for vent latency and reaction time is nice.

I never said he pulls at 115%, in fact, i stated that the taunt would give the lock 30% more threat to work with. 100%+30%= 130% last i checked.

Tank needs to kite to the beams, etc as well.