Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...

Re: World first Val'anyr by Avant Garde

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r
    What you on about? It counts overhealing to the shield, though a full 100% overheal on a spell doesn't trigger the proc to start getting shield on casts, but its not like 60% overhealing on a paladin means that 60% of his heals are 100% overheal :P Even if you just heal 1 and 9999 is overhealing you can still proc the shield and if you already got the shield blessing that is still 15% of the healing to the shield (not 15% of the 1 that healed)
    Show the combat log that confirms your assertion please. You have no idea whether the proc will be 15% of the amount healed (and not overhealed) or the total healing amount of the cast. If it is only the actual amount of damage healed, then it becomes significantly less attractive for paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by delage35
    Show the combat log that confirms your assertion please. You have no idea whether the proc will be 15% of the amount healed (and not overhealed) or the total healing amount of the cast. If it is only the actual amount of damage healed, then it becomes significantly less attractive for paladins.
    The proc has already been explained that the shield is 15% of the total heal, not the effective heal. In order for the healer to proc the buff, it must be an effective heal, but once they have the blessing then all healing, over healing and effective, goes towards the shield. If you do not believe me, the blue posts was linked earlier in this thread by myself. Please look at it. It is amazing for any healer that doesn't have their head up their arse and can pull reasonable HPS. No combat logs are necessary as it has already been explained by the people who designed it.

Quote Originally Posted by d3v
    Might be so, but every healing class except paladins can use staves. There isn't one equal to this mace in awesomeness, but there are definatly good ones. Imo this should always be pala prio.
    IMO your O sucks. There's a MH/OH combo better than the staves out there anyway. It's good for every healer equally pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by delage35
    Show the combat log that confirms your assertion please.  You have no idea whether the proc will be 15% of the amount healed (and not overhealed) or the total healing amount of the cast.  If it is only the actual amount of damage healed, then it becomes significantly less attractive for paladins.
    Are you for real? There has been multiple blue posts HEAVILY detailing EXACTLY how it works. It's 15% of the TOTAL amount of the heal, regardless of how much it ACTUALLY heals. But it does have to heal at least 1 HP.

Example - Warrior is missing 1k HP. The mace has procced and the Priest has the buff on him now. He heals the warrior and the heal it's for 3k (2k overheal). The bubble that procs will be 450 HP, 15% of 3k.

Here is the main blue post explaining the proc...
    like I just did...
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...03512910&sid=1

Here's the most informative paragraph if you don't feel like clicking that. It explains it without an example, but I gave you one already, it also tells you all the other nifty technical stuff like internal CD, how long the shield lasts, stacking, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Blue Post Ohh yeahh Boii
    The way this works is that when the proc happens (which is a 10% chance whenever a hot or direct spell heals, with a 45 sec internal cooldown) you gain a buff (the Blessing) on yourself. Now all of your heals for the next 15 sec cause an 8 sec damage shield. The shield stacks with itself. It includes healing done by subsequent ticks of existing hots on the target. Note that the spell has to actually heal, so hots ticking on a fully-healed target cannot cause the proc. However the shield is based on the size of the heal itself, not the amount healed – i.e. 100% overhealing will not proc the Blessing on the healer, but the shield itself includes overhealing once the Blessing is active. The shield can grow to a maximum size of 20,000 damage absorbed.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    Because invariably, someone is gonna go against him, lose "because of teh mace", and it's gonna get nerfed into oblivion thanks to Arenatards crying their eyes out about it.

Mark my words.
    ^ This Sir pwns

Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP
    because apparently they don't understand that this thing goes off on overhealing once it has proc'd
    whats that? Oh druid hots don't tick if the target is at full life? but I can still cast my 20k holy lights? Oh....
    Lolumad?

It should be given to the most reliable, consistent, skilled healer in your guild regardless of class [unless they're a disc priest]. Someone that works hard and you don't have any concerns they might leave anytime soon. It's a really good mace and will be a help to your raid if the healer wielding it knows how to play. Some fights you'll wish a tank healer had it and some fights you'll wish a raid healer had it. Look at Ensidia. They had 2 of their co-GMs /roll for it. They probably min/max as well as anyone in the world and they decided to give it to either of their most dedicated healers, regardless of what class they played.

Most people that are getting this mace have earned it over the last few months/years. Be happy for them.

Grats Snuggleme.

Because invariably, someone is gonna go against him, lose "because of teh mace", and it's gonna get nerfed into oblivion thanks to Arenatards crying their eyes out about it.

Mark my words.
    I really, really hope they do. Just disable the proc in arena/battlegrounds and it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by d3v
    Might be so, but every healing class except paladins can use staves. There isn't one equal to this mace in awesomeness, but there are definatly good ones. Imo this should always be pala prio.
    Honestly, when you get in a guild and play your Pala healer, you can give it to whomever you wish.
    As it stands, they killed it. Their loot. Obviously, they must be doing SOMETHING right in order to even get the item in the first place.

I really tire of threads that say... XYZ is XYZ class item. Especially when the majority of posters will never see said item, or even know anyone that has it personally.

Also: since it's the WORLD FIRST item, the posters that claim it's better for XYZ based on tooltips must know better than what the actual item does, right? Right? Tooltips are never vague or misleading or anything...

Suzhi

Quote Originally Posted by Zaft
    I love how every achievement becomes like a 10 fucking page thread of people raging about something.

Can't we just do something and be happy about it? Shit.

Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP
    Meh w/e
    Owned.

Mark my words.
    So true it almost makes me cry. Not that I'd ever get the mace, mind you

Wow gratz!
    THESE NEW RAIDS HAVE TO EZ EASY MODES, AND TOO HARD HARD MODES. WHILE WE STILL GET THE HARDMODES DOWN, WAIT 1 MONTH FOR BLIZZARD TO NERF THEM SO THAT EVERY1 NOT ONLY GETS TO EXPERIANCE EASY MODES BUT ALSO GETS TO EXPERIANCE HARD MODES TOO....

15+ Year Old Account

ALL HAIL THE WINNERS OF RNG

Quote Originally Posted by Burori135
    I'm thinking Frostmourn will be the next legendary. Oh the drama that sword will bring :P
    Unfortunately, Blizzard already said Frostmourn will NOT be a Drop.

lol you fucking loser.. how does it feel to have a something that will never benefit you outside the game!

Men who play wow should be gassed!
    Women should be sex slaves
    Fat women should be burned
    kids should be thrown off a cliff

Congrats blizz you have made a world of losers and wastes... inc ban FTW?

Quote Originally Posted by Gooutside
    lol you fucking loser.. how does it feel to have a something that will never benefit you outside the game!

Men who play wow should be gassed!
    Women should be sex slaves
    Fat women should be burned
    kids should be thrown off a cliff

Congrats blizz you have made a world of losers and wastes... inc ban FTW?
    You're the only loser here my friend. YOU are the one who signed up to a forum to post crap about a game you don't like? kinda sad, yes?