General Vezax WWS/WMO

So my guild just killed General Vezax for the first time, and I'm hoping to do a little research into how we can make it more efficient, here's our WWS: http://wowwebstats.com/f4nw66ccxx3d3?s=281662-354161

The main things I'm worried about are the 9 min 27 sec duration of the fight which I know is too long, but will come down as our dps learn to deal with the mana issues, and the 6 million+ healing that Vezax did from the Mark of the Faceless debuff.

Our basic strat is to have our range spread out and try not to have too many people stacked on 1 puddle at a time. Our DK tank uses Icebound Fortitude to cancel the Surge of Darkness, and we rotate everybody we can who has a damage reduction cooldown while saving my Pain Suppression in case somebody misses an interrupt. We pop the saronite crystals at 80% and then every 10% after that.

If anybody has any WWS/WMO links that'd be great, I'd just like to see the healing you allow Vezax to do and the average length of the fight.

Re: General Vezax WWS/WMO

Your damage is quite low. Not yours personally, just the groups. I mean, our lowest dps is around 4k even on that fight. To be honest though, that may be gear as its your first kill, as we have most people with 4/5 set bonuses or whatever gear they need to be honest. I'll mointer ours tonight (Trying hard mode) and try to get back to you after, but yea, I think your pretty low. I can understand the kickers being a little lower but hipo only just out dps'd the tank. (My guess is that he re specced from tank to dps for the fight?)

The rogue is also very low, (bad gear maybe?) and the two hunter i guess have an excuse for mana, but yet again is low. Your boomkin did 4.4k, so no excuse for mana really. Tell them to learn the fight a little better and use the crystals. I dont know much about them being a rogue, but my dps only ever suffers VERY slightly how i have to pool some energy for a kick when it's my turn.

Hope that helps.

your guild is pretty much terrible at dodging shadowcrash
    throughout the wws theres groups of 7 ppl being hit at once
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

There are a few viable strats learning this fight. The one we had the easiest time with was when we divided the ranged into 3-4 groups with 1 'leader' in each group calling out when to move out. Have these groups in a half circle around the boss. With this strat you get quite alot from the shadow crash while still doing it pretty safe until your group learns to avoid the crashes. I will try to dig up a wws for our last fight.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/4781320#damageout
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/5008609#damageout

Ok some suggestions,

1: Tell your dps to wake up - at that point of progress, that dps is not acceptable.. melee doing 3-4k dps with the dk tactic is something you should not see, and mages doing 3k dps with all that buff seems kinda impossible.

2: If you plan to stick with your tactic, tell your mates to learn to avoid shadowcrash.

3: about the life leech - We actually use a different tactic, we dont use the dk to tank him, so we have to kite him around; 2/3 of the raid hug the boss in melee range, with the tank kiting him on the shadowcrash. We have 3 groups of healers that rotate eachother to keep the tank up, and the other 1/3 of the raid is standing out of melee (around 20-30 yard) and spread out to get the life leech and shadow crash that comes.

This tactic save a lot of running for 2/3 of the raid, and also melee can benefit from the buff (example rogues/sham/retpala are highly affected by the buff).

Hope it helps.

Changing your alert settings in DBM to provide an alert for nearby shadow crashes can be a big help. I also turned off warnings for nearby life leech (as the person with the debuff should be running out) to eliminate overlapping warnings.

Your casters should be doing better. Make sure they're only casting while they have the shadow crash buff.