Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Shadow Priest 51-talent

We all know Dispersion has it uses, but it's not as powerful and/or awesome as the 51-talent it really should be! (Bladestorm. chaos bolt, explosive shot, etc.).
    Spriests can neither mix their speccs like rogues (assassination/subtely), so the 51-talent is vital, yet Dispersion sux(imo).

Therefore; I'd like you (insert Uncle Sam here)
    To make your own SPriest 51-talent or tweak it into something more viable, cool and awesome.

I'd like to see some creativity(mine disapeared millenia ago, so don't expect anything from me)!

Perhaps the developers can open their eyes soon.

No Martin Thunders please (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=192)

Please post it here aswell; http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....964642&sid=1#0 (eu Priest forums)

Post http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....964642&sid=1#0 aswell, blizz (eu) priest forum.

Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

Oh no, not again.

Dispersion is win. Method got world 3rd Mimiron Hardmode due to Dispersion!

Also, if you remove Dispersion, we need to get another form of trainable evocation spell, because there exists plenty of encounters where I need Dispersion !
    Not to mention how much extra mana it allows you to get on General Vezax.

there is no need to make a new 51 point talent.

dispersion is amazing, and if you dont think so, reroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I'm going to hell, and you're all coming with me.

15+ Year Old Account

IMO Dispersion seems awesome! Good for PvP and useful for PvE aswell.

Dispersion isn't useful really for pve, as a priest I never go oom while raiding and as spriests sux in pvp; why can't dispersion be adressed?
    I made this thread mainly for pvp conserns, sorry for the eventual misunderstandings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Dispersion is win. Method got world 3rd Mimiron Hardmode due to Dispersion!
    explain.

They had only 2 priests alive when the combat ended.

I too am not a fan of dispersion. Yes it does fit a very niche point for shadow priests. But it doesn't do enough in PvP and in PvE you have such wonderful 51 point talents for every other class.

Dispersion by itself does not win an encounter. It does not improve DPS nor does it buff others to improve them. It is purely reactive to gain mana in PvE. Would mages have been content to have had Evocation taken out of their spell book and placed in their talent trees, let alone as a 51 pt talent?

And in PvP the damage prevention is not enough. You still take alot of damage because you are a clothy and you can't be reactive in Dispersion. So, basically you turn into a big target that gets focus fired the minute you touch the button.

I think what should have been implemented was something that that fit into the idea that Shadow Priests are a DPS class with buffs. Maybe a DoT that improved damage done by allies (oh wait, we had that and they took it away). Or some sort of Bloodlust ability since Shamans are the only ones with that. Something like "The Shadow Priest disperses into the air and all friendly allies gain XX% damage and healing and all opposing allies take YYY Damage.. During this time the Shadow priest cannot be targetted or damaged or cast any spells. 20 sec duration 10min cooldown."

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by hawt
    Dispersion isn't useful really for pve, as a priest I never go oom while raiding and as spriests sux in pvp; why can't dispersion be adressed?
    I made this thread mainly for pvp conserns, sorry for the eventual misunderstandings.
    90% less dmg has no use for PvP?
    regaining mana after a hunter viper stings you has no use for PvP?
    able to be used while silenced or stunned has no use for PvP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I'm going to hell, and you're all coming with me.

I wish they would buff its mana regen some, but its a good talent.
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

Quote Originally Posted by Srsbznss
    90% less dmg has no use for PvP?
    regaining mana after a hunter viper stings you has no use for PvP?
    able to be used while silenced or stunned has no use for PvP?
    Ofc it's slightly decent in several cases, but what I'm trying to underline is that it ain't as powerful as a 51-talent should be(imho).

Not to mention retardins hit "through" the the dmg reduction effect, so it's not a proper wtf-button when I'm on thin ice.

One of the major SPriest consern in arena is mana, but dispersion shouldn't be the thing dealing with that (which it does poorly in pvp anyway).

Another priest has taken a different but more throughly approach to Spriest arena problems here:
    http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....64122054&sid=1

Quote Originally Posted by Srsbznss
    there is no need to make a new 51 point talent.

dispersion is amazing, and if you dont think so, reroll.
    Oh I did don't worry, I was a hardcore spriest for 2 years then when they gave us dispersion I tried it on ptr when it also regen health and It was nice then, but when they nerfed it and only gave it the mana regen ability it sucked, so I rerolled, I still play my priest but I'm disc, I will never go back to shadow, dispersion is good but not for a 51 pt talent when you compare it to what other classes got.

Quote Originally Posted by darkdestiny
    Oh I did don't worry, I was a hardcore spriest for 2 years then when they gave us dispersion I tried it on ptr when it also regen health and It was nice then, but when they nerfed it and only gave it the mana regen ability it sucked, so I rerolled, I still play my priest but I'm disc, I will never go back to shadow, dispersion is good but not for a 51 pt talent when you compare it to what other classes got.
    Like a 10% reduced damage on Titan's Grip? Like a lolstorm? Or Chaos Bolt? There are a lot of talents out there that aren't as good as they seem, but definitely have their reasons for being spec'd into.

So what, you say you spec Discipline like 90% of the priest population for Arena? Good for you. Now quit your bitching.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Like a 10% reduced damage on Titan's Grip? Like a lolstorm? Or Chaos Bolt? There are a lot of talents out there that aren't as good as they seem, but definitely have their reasons for being spec'd into.

So what, you say you spec Discipline like 90% of the priest population for Arena? Good for you. Now quit your bitching.
    Hmm didn't know how my post came to be considering bitching. But anyways yes all those other talents are better than dispersion Titans Grip (two handing Dual wielding dispite the 10% dmg reduction) Chaos bolt (does a shit load of dmg and pieces through absorbtion effects) Bladestorm(cannot be stopped and will kill any clothie that gets caught in it), and dispersion does lolwut?, turns you into a puff of smoke while you still get your ass kick and gain mana? lol. You will still die after it is over, just admit to truth, the talent sucks. Quit your bitching that people dont agree and think the talent sucks. Blizzard could of came up with better and they didn't. Shadow is in a better place in pve with there dmg being higher but still suck hardcore in pvp and this is a known fact. Please learn to understand people's post before you make stupid comments, kthx.

I dunno, maybe you should use Dispersion BEFORE you're at 2k health. It's not Guardian Spirit to say "Oh look, you're alive again!"

People who think it's crap are the people who PS their partner when he's under focus fire and is already at 3k health. It's not going to save them at that point. Burst incoming? Shield and Disperse. 90% damage reduction, with whatever's not reduced going into a shield? Sure. I'll take that.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

In PvE you don't need Dispersion.
    The Damage Reduction doesn't work on any damage spell you would want to use hit (Ignis, XT, Vezax...).
    And the Manaregen? I didn't even spec Improved Spirit Tab and rarely don't use Dispersion for mana. Shadowfiend with it's 3 min CD is more than enough as it currently stands, and if i need more mana, i could spec improved spirit tab.

And PvP, i've yet to see a top ranked shadow priest.

And short version, with Ulduar it became useless at least for PvE.
    So we have, a 51 talent, exclusivly for PVP, and then, shadowspriests aren't even competitive.

I dunno, maybe you should use Dispersion BEFORE you're at 2k health. It's not Guardian Spirit to say "Oh look, you're alive again!"
    Well, dispersion doesn't save you, but GS does, so which is better?
    Dispersions, used at any any point, only helps you survive 6 seconds longer, you won't do any damage in that time, nor can you help your partners.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti

People who think it's crap are the people who PS their partner when he's under focus fire and is already at 3k health. It's not going to save them at that point. Burst incoming? Shield and Disperse. 90% damage reduction, with whatever's not reduced going into a shield? Sure. I'll take that.
    There is something you dont realize.......what are you going to do once dispersion is over with? It would be better if you couldn't take any dmg at all, or atleast fight back while dispersed or bring back the damn health regen, I've seen so many use it to stop incomming burst and it never saves them. Retpally blows every CD can still do dmg on a priest during dispersion. Like I said its a cool talent for what it is, just not a good 51pt talent.

Quote Originally Posted by darkdestiny
    Retpally blows every CD can still do dmg on a priest during dispersion.
    Exactly, blows cooldowns to try and kill you. As otherwise, he can't. In PvE gear, I can use it survive -just- and the Pala was full PvE. 18k HP and no resi, so add in more HP and resi then... You'll probably take alot less. Frankly, forcing a Pala to use his cooldowns and survive, is pretty damn cool since y'know you can stun/disarm and fear him and oh fuck.. heal.

Choas Bolt - Hi, Anti-class.

Bladestorm lasts 6 secs, so does Disperse?

I don't see what's wrong with being able to survive burst were most other classes just say GG.

What you seem to be asking for darkdestiny is for Blizz to give us an OP 51 pt talent. Mana and Health regen would be nice, granted. If it made us immune, you'd be here complaining Warrios can Shattering Throw it five minutes later. As for fighting back? Trying looking up what the word means, you're -dispersed-.

And I don't see them giving us a 20 secs Bloodlust/Heroism as they already stopped us stacking those buffs.

If you're going to get snappy when people disagree, bore the paint of a wall with your poorly thought through claims of 'buff pls!!!!'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruatek
    Exactly, blows cooldowns to try and kill you. As otherwise, he can't.
    So he blows cooldowns, you disperse, and what then?
    You think he will waste his remaining cooldowns? Or just keep attacking a dispersed cloud?
    Or maybe he attacks your partner, which will probably be a melee class.
    you can stun/disarm and fear him and oh fuck.. heal.
    Trinket vs. Fear, a stun we don't have, and disarm that lasts 5 sec?

Bladestorm has 1:30 min CD, so does Dispersion ? -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Ruatek
    Exactly, blows cooldowns to try and kill you. As otherwise, he can't. In PvE gear, I can use it survive -just- and the Pala was full PvE. 18k HP and no resi, so add in more HP and resi then... You'll probably take alot less. Frankly, forcing a Pala to use his cooldowns and survive, is pretty damn cool since y'know you can stun/disarm and fear him and oh fuck.. heal.

Choas Bolt - Hi, Anti-class.

I don't see what's wrong with being able to survive burst were most other classes just say GG.

What you seem to be asking for darkdestiny is for Blizz to give us an OP 51 pt talent. Mana and Health regen would be nice, granted. If it made us immune, you'd be here complaining Warrios can Shattering Throw it five minutes later. As for fighting back? Trying looking up what the word means, you're -dispersed-.

And I don't see them giving us a 20 secs Bloodlust/Heroism as they already stopped us stacking those buffs.

If you're going to get snappy when people disagree, bore the paint of a wall with your poorly thought through claims of 'buff pls!!!!'.
    Sorry but the only thing thats poorly thought through is your attempt to justify shadow pvp. It's nice you have a disarm very nice....wont save you from a caster though. Or a DK for that matter. You still have no valid argurment to justify a 6sec sorry excuse for a survival talent. If you like living for and extra 6 secs be my guess. You'll never make a high rated arena team with your extra 6secs of survival im sorry. And as far as an anti-class, I guess that includes almost every class on the list, cause spriests get seriously owned by almost every class. Oh btw priest is not my main anymore, i rerolled once WOTLK released, played shadow on ptr when dispersion was added and when they nerfed it into the ground I stopped playing the class. I only play my priest for pvp and I'm disc.

PS. I never mentioned or cared about shattering throw, I also have a frost mage and ice block gets removed left and right. Stick to the topic and stop adding in extra crap into the mix.