Page 1 of 2
LastLast

mana burn out of date?

Hi

I just got one question. does you ppl still use mana burn much?

Ive start to use it less and less and just did 2v2 with my rogue m8 and in 7 games I didnt use it once. and have seen some high rated priest havent got it spec and some has.

Maybe I play wrong but vs 2 dps I ofc dont use it.
    -vs resto druid/ X dps I dont use it.

-vs shaman/x DPS I dont use it either since he go oom with out mana burn long time before me and we kill his DPS m8 in CC most of the times.

-vs paladin healer/x DPS I dont use it either, maybe some times but paladins can get mana up fast and I rather DPS the DPS class and so the paladin need to heal and cant use his divine plea.

-vs priest/x DPS I some times use mana burn but the last games I havent.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Tixwi

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Mnem%C3%AEc

Re: mana burn out of date?

What is Mana burn? Are you playin gon a Private server? I haven't ever heard of or seen this spell on live ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowf0x
    math has nothing to do with a game that is based on RNG.

Honestly, mana burn is now more of a threat than an actual offense. For example if you mana burn another healer a couple of times, he will LoS you a lot more, meaning he is leaving his partner vulnerable, at which point you can decide to penance/mindblast/sw:death and /pray.

Mana burn is still useful in a healer/dps vs healer/dps when both dps are stalemating each other. And innervate has a cooldown so just like you might burn fear early on to hopefully burn someones trinket (and have it back up when its needed) likewise you can mana burn to waste innervate early.

Final note, in 3s mana burn is very questionable at best, with 2 dps there is going to be so much constant damage that having enough free time to spend mana burning rather than healing will seem unlikely.

From what i have been hearing mana burn is a shadow of its former self, the only time to use it is against another priest, against a pally (not prot build), or against a shaman if your rogue can force the ES. 1v1 against a mage it works well too. Other than that its really only useful to bait CS/kicks.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

well now I did spec with no imp mana burn and gonna see if I miss it to much.

Quote Originally Posted by rarwzs
    well now I did spec with no imp mana burn and gonna see if I miss it to much.
    BAD IDEA.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Logic is not Automatic, it can be denied.

LOL mana burn is one of the most OP spells and ur not using it? u fail

It used to be one of the most OP spells its not as great anymore. up to 10% of mana isnt that much on full resi targets you will most likely get 8-9% the issue is it costs a significant amount of your own mana, nearly halving the amount burned without changing the cost has left it crippled. It still leaves you with a slight advantage, though.

Healers
    - Against druids with their 2 full mana bars you will go oom if you try and burn them due to it costing like 6%+ of your own mana.

= Resto shamans have water shield, so you wont oom them if you are hitting them. Most of the time you end up spending much more mana casting mana burn on a shaman than he ends up loosing unless your rogue can force them into earth shield (which is possible but then you will have their partner on you so you cant burn).

+ Paladins its great for forcing a DP early and getting rid of that mana after a DP, unless its a prot pally who can keep DP up indefinitely.

+ Other priests it is good against.

Caster DPS
    - Locks: Lifetap spending 2k of your mana to get the lock to loose 3k health... bad idea as a healer
    + Mages: as stated good against, though they are usually with a rogue and if you have enough time to mana burn with a rogue/mage on you its not that burn thats going to win the game its the terrible players you are against.
    - Ele sham: as stated water sheild lots of burst= no time to burn though
    - SP: works fine, though they will return the favor and win that battle due to dots ticking & dispersion
    ? Moonkin: Not sure where to find one of these... but i assume it would be similar to a resto, though the practically non existant representation makes it a moot point.

Melee
    - Don't bother mentioning ret/enh they should not be burned for obvious reasons.
    - Hunters same, AotV= wasted burns

Conclusion:
    Exactly what i said before... useful against a few classes, though it really needs its mana reduced so it can be used. classes that should be burned have a + classes that shouldnt have a -. Lower cost wouldn't result in more mana burned just it not ooming the disc, a class that does not have the best mana regen talents to begin with.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Hi

I just got one question. does you ppl still use mana burn much?

Ive start to use it less and less and just did 2v2 with my rogue m8 and in 7 games I didnt use it once. and have seen some high rated priest havent got it spec and some has.

Maybe I play wrong but vs 2 dps I ofc dont use it.
    -vs resto druid/ X dps I dont use it.

-vs shaman/x DPS I dont use it either since he go oom with out mana burn long time before me and we kill his DPS m8 in CC most of the times.

-vs paladin healer/x DPS I dont use it either, maybe some times but paladins can get mana up fast and I rather DPS the DPS class and so the paladin need to heal and cant use his divine plea.

-vs priest/x DPS I some times use mana burn but the last games I havent.
    You play seven games. You have no comparison to this exclusively personal experience. And then you come here to ask rhetorical and useless questions, even though you should know it better.

Of course NOT. Mana Burn is a very powerful tool. Not neccessarily your main weapon, but something you should use fairly often.

Deleted

Serious, use MB so often you can against healers... Otherwise you are a bad player.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockk
    You play seven games. You have no comparison to this exclusively personal experience. And then you come here to ask rhetorical and useless questions, even though you should know it better.

Of course NOT. Mana Burn is a very powerful tool. Not neccessarily your main weapon, but something you should use fairly often.
    Well I dont think u havent even play 7 games as priest tbh.

and no I havent play 7 games mr "I dont know shit but I still need to say something"

I JUSY did play 7 games, and didnt use it once of does 7 games. ive played 656 games this season in 2v2 on my priest and got no idea how many MB ive use in all of them but I know I did use mana burn in 7 games for sure at start.

and does 7 games I did talk about vs many healer/DPS and we lost only like 2 of does 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer
    Serious, use MB so often you can against healers... Otherwise you are a bad player.
    usually HF is a better choice... otherwise you a shit player.

The point is that manaburn was made to put priests ahead in the mana race and the fact is that it does not is not filling that function at all, in the majority of cases listed it is actually a determent to their mana situation. If manaburn's cost was reduced to the same %cost per mana drained as be4 (NOTE: NOT THE SAME AMOUNT BURNED) then it would be a much more effective tool and make it so that casting HF/MB wasn't as mandatory as burning. HF->MB->Death/rocket gloves combo should only be used when bursting someone down, there are other times disc has openings where it would be nice to cast manaburn but you actually cant because it hurts your overall mana situation.

All that is being asked is that the spell cost go down now that its effectiveness has, it seems like a reasonable suggestion. It would help the issue of druid dominence with their 2 mana bars, right now druid/warr,ret,or dk is a soft counter to priest/x teams simply due to mana war being unwinable by the priest.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer
    really..can ppl that dont even know how to make arena team stop reply like they know anything.

use MB everytime I can vs a resto druid/ dps is retarded tbh.

please link armory, Im sure u dont play a priest and if so, your not over 1700 rating.

edite: after check your old post I was right about u not play priest and dont know shit about it..

you even reply when somone did say that paladin was OP with: " Blessed Recovery; Get hit, and you get healing... /golfclap"

I think that say how much u know about priest...more or less nothing.
    Dont know any priest in the world both PvP and PvE that spec blessed recovery..well some ppl put one point in it to get one more buff to dispell.

please reply if u got any experince as priest in arena and have something decent to say.

YES mana burn is WORTH casting you just need to know when to do it, and yes burning druid is good idea because if you force him to innervate without barskin (meaning that you need to switch to him for few moments actually) then its insta dispelled and druid is still at low mana. In 2v2 mana burn i dare saying is CRUCIAL to use, at higher ratings. And please dont tell me that I have no exp in arena whatsoever as Im gladiator -.-

since when did they innervate without barskin? and its not hard for them..and druids doesnt only have innervate...they can drink easy as hell aswell.

If you let em drink = you dont play offensively as priest = bad :P you just need to put lots of pressure on them, also if druid wastes his barskin for innervate then if you catch him into stunlock without trink he is easy kill so np that he did get full mana back^^ and if he doesn't use that on innervate then its insta dispelled also you can switch onto druid right before they are forced to use innervate so they will blow barskin to survive

my wall of text might seem bit messy, sorry for that - Im VERY tired ;s

Quote Originally Posted by Deadrest
    YES mana burn is WORTH casting you just need to know when to do it, and yes burning druid is good idea because if you force him to innervate without barskin (meaning that you need to switch to him for few moments actually) then its insta dispelled and druid is still at low mana. In 2v2 mana burn i dare saying is CRUCIAL to use, at higher ratings. And please dont tell me that I have no exp in arena whatsoever as Im gladiator -.-
    I trust your a gladiator and i trust you are skilled, though i must say if you get druids to innervate without barskin up, and they are competeing against glads. then i will transfer to your BG in a second. Any match 1900+ a druid wont innervate without a barksin up and your fiend will get you ~4k mana, your not going to win a mana war. mana burn is a fine tool now i just feel like the mana cost should coincide with its effectiveness and the recent nerfs warrent that adjustment.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadrest
    If you let em drink = you dont play offensively as priest = bad :P you just need to put lots of pressure on them, also if druid wastes his barskin for innervate then if you catch him into stunlock without trink he is easy kill so np that he did get full mana back^^ and if he doesn't use that on innervate then its insta dispelled also you can switch onto druid right before they are forced to use innervate so they will blow barskin to survive

my wall of text might seem bit messy, sorry for that - Im VERY tired ;s
    Agreed the druid shouldn't be let to drink but, you wont kill a druid in a stun lock in tree form, A druid will never be out of tree form if he can be stunned. Sorry.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Well I dont think u havent even play 7 games as priest tbh.

and no I havent play 7 games mr "I dont know shit but I still need to say something"

I JUSY did play 7 games, and didnt use it once of does 7 games. ive played 656 games this season in 2v2 on my priest and got no idea how many MB ive use in all of them but I know I did use mana burn in 7 games for sure at start.

and does 7 games I did talk about vs many healer/DPS and we lost only like 2 of does 7.
    Either change your horrid style of presentation or don't bitch when people criticize you for it.

If you played 650 games this season and still have to ask about mana burn ... sigh. Can't really believe you're serious, but here we go:

Mana burn is one of your best tools. Period. It can force enemy healers into defensive positions and healing range issues. Regardless of enemy class, burning always is an option. If you completely ignore mana burn just because the enemy healer is a paladin or a druid you're thoughtlessly throwing away your options. It may not be optimal to do so, but it can be useful. Said paladin or druid for example doesn't neccessarily know about the spell's ineffectivness against their class and they might still be forced behind a pillar and thus out of range for healing their partner.

But then again, if you know all these things you're just here to either brag or insult/annoy people. I see no other reason for coming here, asking questions which answers you already know and then bitching at the people who are stupid enough to actually reply to your miserably written post.

mana burning druids usually isnt easy, as they are very good at healing and LOSing and can usually get a lot more drinks off. if your partner can keep up a lot of pressure and keep the druid out and casting then you should burn him when you get the chance because druid mana can drop real real fast.

you should always burn paladins, if your partner is keeping up the pressure he aint getting that mana back.

mana burn is also good for baiting interrupts as well. if a rogue or dk kicks your mana burn thats 10 seconds of free holy casting.