Deleted

Little suggestion

Posted this in another thread already but was wondering what other people had to say about this;

How about making mass dispel capable of removing 'ground' effects, e.g. Consecrate, DnD perhaps even the warlock summoning circle. This way mass dispel feels yet again a little bit more special than usual and in all honesty I can't really see any balancing issues when it comes to pvp; mass dispel already costs a chunk of mana while all these other moves barely cost anything.

The only place where this could be overpowered is in pve where it removes like fire and shit (Which can be disabled of course)

Ideas?

Re: Little suggestion

While you shouldn't be posting the same question in multiple locations, I'm too lazy at the moment to track the original thread down.

I don't know if it belongs in mass dispell, but I am very intrigued by the idea of removing those effects. I'm not sure how blizzard would implement something like that, but I certainly hope a developer sees this question. Without thinking about how it would affect game mechanics and balance though, I think that's a very unique and interesting idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    that is a moment where even /headdesk does not quite cut it. i promptly proceeded to /bodywall.

Quote Originally Posted by NaitFury
    Posted this in another thread already but was wondering what other people had to say about this;

How about making mass dispel capable of removing 'ground' effects, e.g. Consecrate, DnD perhaps even the warlock summoning circle. This way mass dispel feels yet again a little bit more special than usual and in all honesty I can't really see any balancing issues when it comes to pvp; mass dispel already costs a chunk of mana while all these other moves barely cost anything.

The only place where this could be overpowered is in pve where it removes like fire and shit (Which can be disabled of course)

Ideas?
    Priests can dispell almost every single buff any players have in Arena, why should Blizzard give us a buff to a spell to dispell even more of the enemies debuffs?

Dispelling warlock summoning portals would be OP, they need those to stand any chance against a team with a melee.

Conc/DnD are not really that big of a factor in pvp, just slap a PW:S on your rogue and they can run through them. If the team is using ConC/DnD and you dont run R/P enjoy your free win. I would not waste mana getting rid of these low dmg effects that one can simply you know... move out of
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    Priests can dispell almost every single buff any players have in Arena, why should Blizzard give us a buff to a spell to dispell even more of the enemies debuffs?
    This is just about the fact somebody has to able to get rid of those fucking annoying new DK abilities, those who slow, do damage and whatever not. In total mass dispel really didn't add anything but a bigger radius and the ability to remove immunities to our arsenal which is why I figured this could be nice as a little handy extra, rather than a hard buff or nerf. In all honesty I'd never use mass dispel just to get rid of something like that but it'd be nice to get that on top of removing other things making it a viable competitor for dispel at times even in 2v2 without immunities.

Quote Originally Posted by NaitFury
    This is just about the fact somebody has to able to get rid of those fucking annoying new DK abilities, those who slow, do damage and whatever not. In total mass dispel really didn't add anything but a bigger radius and the ability to remove immunities to our arsenal which is why I figured this could be nice as a little handy extra, rather than a hard buff or nerf. In all honesty I'd never use mass dispel just to get rid of something like that but it'd be nice to get that on top of removing other things making it a viable competitor for dispel at times even in 2v2 without immunities.
    umm descrate spawns where they hit you this means that you will be in the epicenter of the circle, and the majority of there strikes will refresh the area of snare. Not only are you not going to be able to to stand and cast mass dispell with a DK wacking on you but you also wont be able to keep it away with him being able to spawn 3+ a rotation. Its a bad idea sorry.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nanite
    umm descrate spawns where they hit you this means that you will be in the epicenter of the circle, and the majority of there strikes will refresh the area of snare. Not only are you not going to be able to to stand and cast mass dispell with a DK wacking on you but you also wont be able to keep it away with him being able to spawn 3+ a rotation. Its a bad idea sorry.
    It's not just that, I mean in all I'm pretty sure that by the end of next expansion everyone will have one of these ground effects and there needs to be a way to counter it other than run out (Which is freaking impossible with that desecrate)

What in lords name led you to believe that every class will get a new ability and every classes ability will be similar and htat priests need to be the ones who have the ability to counter everyones new move and that it should even be countered... and see where im gong with this. Stop trying to salvage a bad idea let this get buried because there is no reason why it should be in the game and if at a point and time it does become needed ( which would be highlly improbable given any good player could just move out of it) we can discuss it then. And even then i don't think it would be the right move for a priest, we are well balenced now if not a little OP
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Considering DnD and Cons both have cooldowns you'd be introducing a CD to Mass Dispell... so no.

15+ Year Old Account

Bad idea. Mass Dispell is already awesomesauce as it is.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!