Question About Judgements

I have not played a paladin but i have a question for those who do.

can there be more than one judgement on a target at a time given the fact they using same judgements for e.g.

No.1 Paladin casts Judgement of Light
    No.2 Paladin casts Judgement of Light

the question is will the target have two judgements of light on him and does it stack?

because we have like 4-5 paladins in our raids no one wants to do judgements of wisdom on bosses asked my tank but he is reluctant and keeps using judgement of light. the rest 4 paladins are holy i can understand them using judgement of light or whatever but is there a real need to?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Question About Judgements

http://www.wowwiki.com/Attack_power_coefficient

judge of light does 16% of AP + 25% of SP as healing per chance on hit, take both paladins and do that math and see who gets highest and let the other pala use wisdom.

btw this tok me 30 sec to find out, wowwiki.com/search/paladin
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Wow, just kick your Paladins for not using Judgement of Wisdom with 1 of them. What a bunch of idiots.

The same type of Judgment does not stack. As far as I know, it gets override by the new one, unlike some buffs that will keep the more powerful version.
    Also, I think there's an issue with Prot pally not gaining mana from his own JoL via the talent. So you might want other people judging that on the mob if they're available.. or something like that.

get a few rets in the raid, most of em use wisdom
    Red Bull Gives You Wings!

no they wouldn't stack and i think that the one judgment that did more damage would be on the target instead of the other one.
    If the Burning Legion is such a problem, why not just throw water on them? Then they'll just be a Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    What is wrong with having a character show up again? Some people are so dumb and will hate on anything blizzard does. Seriously, if you hate it so much that you cant see straight when they show a character a 2nd time, then you should just quit. Also, never read a book. Ever. You will be mad.

They don't stack, nor do any bonuses which they confer such as Heart of the Crusader. Whichever one heals for the highest is the active one.

From my knowledge i think it is best if a Ret pally judges light and tank (or another ret) judges wisdom.

Due to the ret talent: Sheath of light
    This turns 30% of your ap into sp, therefor making the heals from JoL much stronger. I am unsure if prot has anything like this. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Peekay
    From my knowledge i think it is best if a Ret pally judges light and tank (or another ret) judges wisdom.

Due to the ret talent: Sheath of light
    This turns 30% of your ap into sp, therefor making the heals from JoL much stronger. I am unsure if prot has anything like this. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Enjoy
    You are right. Retribution paladins should be the ones judging Light. If no retribution paladins are available, Protection comes next.

Prot pallies also do have a talent. It increases their spell power by 60% of their stamina. Although I forget what the taken is called. Prots and ret pallies both are better off using light over a holy pally.
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by LrdPhoenix
    Whichever one heals for the highest is the active one.
    Nope. The latest JoL debuff overrides the one currently on the target, completely regardless of its effectiveness.

The most powerful JoL debuff interestingly comes from retribution paladins, but it can be replaced by a holy pala's JoL healing half its amount. So my suggestion... if there's a ret pally in the raid, holy should cast Judgements only enough to keep their haste buff up. Usually prot casts JoW.

Ideally the most powerful ret pally should be casting JoL, but there are only three Judgements and two PvE-useful debuffs, so let every ret use JoL, unless there isn't a prot pally dealing JoW.

hi again thx for the kind replies

"judge of light does 16% of AP + 25% of SP as healing per chance on hit, take both paladins and do that math and see who gets highest and let the other pala use wisdom."

these co-efficients are for their damage from judging why a given seal is active

anyway now the tank says he gets additional aggro from using judgement of light because of heals or whatever is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by alias

"judge of light does 16% of AP + 25% of SP as healing per chance on hit, take both paladins and do that math and see who gets highest and let the other pala use wisdom."

these co-efficients are for their damage from judging why a given seal is active

anyway now the tank says he gets additional aggro from using judgement of light because of heals or whatever is this true?
    There is no aggro from judgement of light healing.

Ret JOL will ALWAYS be better than holy/prot judgement of light.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    There is no aggro from judgement of light healing.

Ret JOL will ALWAYS be better than holy/prot judgement of light.
    What this guy said. The tank should always do wisdom anyways since its better for raid dps classes then the HP would be. If your tank dies becuase lack of heals no amount of those puny light heals is going to save him. He is going to die from a big hit. If the tank does die, either his gear/rotation is garbage, or your healers cant press buttons.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Quote Originally Posted by alias

Get a new tank... problem solved.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

The way it used to be (as I see it) ret judged light, prot judged wisdom, then holy judged justice (to avoid knocking off HotC/JotJ), however that changed because Blizzard didn't want a 40 yd Judgement of Justice. Assuming you have a DK in the raid, you should go with prot and holy on wisdom, ret on light. JotJ *may* get knocked off (sometimes, its strange how secondary effects work with Judgements), but Frost Fever should make up for it, or TC if a warrior can keep it up.
    Solaron of <Old Guard>, Tichondrius US

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by peacemaster
    The way it used to be (as I see it) ret judged light, prot judged wisdom, then holy judged justice (to avoid knocking off HotC/JotJ), however that changed because Blizzard didn't want a 40 yd Judgement of Justice. Assuming you have a DK in the raid, you should go with prot and holy on wisdom, ret on light. JotJ *may* get knocked off (sometimes, its strange how secondary effects work with Judgements), but Frost Fever should make up for it, or TC if a warrior can keep it up.
    since JoJ cannot be casted on long distance, its a no go.

just let prot cast JoJ and the holy paladins JoW. it does not matter if they override that since it doesnt scale with gear.