Mass Dispel + Ice Block/Bubble

Has anyone had issues dispelling these lately?

I kept getting Immune messages in BGs, and assumed it was just trying to dispel something that wasn't the invincibility, which caused the message, so I did some testing with a friend.

70 Paladin, no other buffs, bubbled. 1st time I continued to get immune messages everytime it went off. 2nd time, I dispelled it in 1 try. 3rd time it took 2 tries before it dispelled.

So, I understand dispel mechanics, but wouldn't "Immune" Not show up if it was a simple resist?

Re: Mass Dispel + Ice Block/Bubble

Sometimes ive dispeled, gotten the immune message, but takes like 3seconds for the bubble to actually pop~

15+ Year Old Account

I think you get the immune message if the 30% passive dispell resist which every class usually has in pvp make you (mass) dispell fail.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Actually Im pretty sure it says immune even if you DO dispell it. Its just RNG, it sucks.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Actually Im pretty sure it says immune even if you DO dispell it. Its just RNG, it sucks.
    Yeah, I'm fairly sure it's said Immune since at least WotLK hit. Though I have, as well, noticed a higher percentage of my mass dispel casts not removing ice block and bubble since 3.1.
    Walking to Mordor. 120.4/6230km
    1RMs: bench-111.1kg, squat-147.4kg, deadlift-158.8kg

Actually Im pretty sure it says immune even if you DO dispell it.
    This.

I've noticed "immune" for awhile. It's been happening so long i forgot when it started, but the mass dispel not actually removing these abilites I've noticed that since patch 3.1

Is it just me or do others get annoyed that non protection classes get dispel resistance? Blizzard are always talking about not wanting to homoginise the classes, yet they've given every class the ability to get 30% dispel resistance.

Paladins & Priests are the true protection classes, those should be the only classes to get dispel resistance. I like how druids get both dispel resistance and lifebloom lol healing on dispel. And DK's who have to do nothing but hit shit to put diseases up get dispel resistance as well.

Actually Im pretty sure it says immune even if you DO dispell it.  Its just RNG, it sucks.
    I think this is the way it is also. Even before Wotlk. I'll tell you how I heard this whole immune dispel works with Mass Dispel, forgot where I read this, and I can't vouch for it's accuracy. It does kinda make sense though I think lol...

First it has to dispel the "immune tag" before it can dispel the bubble. When you dispel the immune tag it shows the immune message pop up. The reason why it doesn't get rid of the bubble on the first try is because it might have failed to dispel the bubble but dispelled the immune part. It checks each part separately.

I could be completely off lol, I'm trying to find where I saw this. It was a long time ago.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

So Glowyrm, if i understand correctly - if MD hits a bubble but doesnt dispel it, it should then be able to be regularly dispelled/purged/shield slammed? Because unlike Iceblock, Divine Shield is still a magic effect afaik.

Yeah if it works the way I said, possibly. It's possible that the spell still may be coded to only be removed with Mass Dispel, even after the "immune" part of it is dispelled. I haven't tried but I would guess the latter.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/