Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: mana burn cooldown

Ok im done here, most of the posters here seem to fail to look at the whole picture..your 1151 post alone tell me you argue a shit topic just for the sake of arguing with everyone, i would suggest playing the game a bit more than sitting here trolling forums so u can put you shit two cents into every thread made

Yes there are times when i dont have to do my job and keep my partner alive, those times i enjoy playing grab ass with a priest...other times i actually have to heal my partner who is taking massive damage or has a MS on him so it requires spam healz

But yeah ill make the priest job that much easier and just run from him the whole time, so he can save his CDs

Durp durp

What class do you play again?

I am trying to think of a class that only has healing spells and no CC, roots or snares, but I am coming up short here.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

like i said above, play the game a bit more...you'll figure it out sooner or later

Ill quote you "Reading comprehension is hard, apparently."

Mana burn can only be cast when the priest's team has the upper hand (i.e. rogue is topped off and has the enemy DPS in stunlock and unloading a full energy bar on them). The way to stop the mana burns is to be the better team and make sure they dont get the upper hand. Ive seen priests try and mana burn while his partner was losing the DPS war, ya I end up oom but their DPS ends up ooh (out of health of course). Ive made the same mistake myself. And to those that mana burn isnt mitigated by resilience....

Reading comprehension is hard, apparently.
    And to the holy pal thats complaining about the priest fearing him out. Ever think about HoJin the priest when you get out of the fear? A shaman could shock. Or maybe, just maybe, this whole teamwork thing that is what arenas are all about should come into play and your team could stop him? No wai, thats way to far fetched!

And to the guy who said it takes 8 casts.... Well considering that it only drains 7.5% mana (after resil), I find that quite illogical. Thats definitely like 13. And even if it did take 8 casts, thats still 8 2 second casts that they are getting off without you going LOS, or their partner or you interrupting them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by masta

i dont see it reduces amount of mana burned text here . Do we play different games? im talking about resillience of wow which reduces dmgs of periodic strikes , chance to be crited , amount of crit dmgs and mana drained by warlock mana drain skill.I dont see any explanation for mana burned here.

ofcourse dmg of mana burn effected by resillence even a moron with 45 IQ understands it and he/she understands resillience has no effect to protect your mana against mana burn.

I'd just like to say that this certain individual is absolutely correct, and that all of you other fools are just plain idiots. Please, please do me a favor and read what this spell says. http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=8129#taught-by-npc

"Destroy 13% of the target's mana (up to a maximum of 26% of your own maximum mana). For each mana destroyed in this way, the target takes 0.5 Shadow damage."

Do you know *why* it says "destroy" the target's mana, instead of "drain" the targets mana?

So idiots like you wouldn't make the assumption that resil would affect it. I specifically remember the patch that they changed this to "destroy". Actually, it may have been a hotfix after the patch that made resil affect mana DRAIN from warlocks, and warlocks only.

The fact is, mana BURN (the priest ability in question) is NOT affected by resil whatsoever. Go ahead and test it if you're so hard-headed.

Good day, and please stop being so ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddawg
    like i said above, play the game a bit more...you'll figure it out sooner or later

Take a look through the 1100+ posts make by Abandon. He is one of the biggest trolls on this forum. He used to love to come into the pally forums and +1 his post count with the most ridiculous posts ever. He doesn't really have a clue about WoW or priests. He only knows what he reads here from the handful of smart priests and chooses to bash everything else. Just stay out of the priest forums and leave him in his little hole.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Well, let's see. You are whining about Priests like one of them piddled in your cheerios, so that is the first we can count out.

You also say that you don't have any CC or snares or roots, so you are obviously not a druid.

And Shamans have Hex and snares, as well as their totems to protect themselves, they are out too.

Oh look! A paladin! Despite the fact that you are pretty much the only class that Mana Burn actually works well against, you come in here and whine that it just isn't fair, that it is overpowered, that you are a good player and it is the games fault that you are losing.

I honestly don't know how I didn't instantly recognise the pathetic whimpering of a paladin calling for priest nerfs right away, considering how you lot seem to flock to this forum like the wailing wall, but I suppose it was slightly confusing when you were complaining about not being able to do anything at all except heal despite having Hammer of Justice and some amazing defensive spells.

Say hello to your DK arena partner for me.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Catmandoo
    I'd just like to say that this certain individual is absolutely correct, and that all of you other fools are just plain idiots. Please, please do me a favor and read what this spell says. http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=8129#taught-by-npc

"Destroy 13% of the target's mana (up to a maximum of 26% of your own maximum mana). For each mana destroyed in this way, the target takes 0.5 Shadow damage."

Do you know *why* it says "destroy" the target's mana, instead of "drain" the targets mana?

So idiots like you wouldn't make the assumption that resil would affect it. I specifically remember the patch that they changed this to "destroy". Actually, it may have been a hotfix after the patch that made resil affect mana DRAIN from warlocks, and warlocks only.

The fact is, mana BURN (the priest ability in question) is NOT affected by resil whatsoever. Go ahead and test it if you're so hard-headed.

What. Are. You. Talking. About.

They changed the wording because people were getting confused about why it said drain but didn't give mana back to the priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Catmandoo

Just pointing out, mana burn tooltip used to say "drains" instead of "destroys", but the wording was changed to clarify that the Priest was not gaining the mana he burned.

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Mana burn can only be cast when the priest's team has the upper hand (i.e. rogue is topped off and has the enemy DPS in stunlock and unloading a full energy bar on them). The way to stop the mana burns is to be the better team and make sure they dont get the upper hand. Ive seen priests try and mana burn while his partner was losing the DPS war, ya I end up oom but their DPS ends up ooh (out of health of course). Ive made the same mistake myself. And to those that mana burn isnt mitigated by resilience....

And to the holy pal thats complaining about the priest fearing him out. Ever think about HoJin the priest when you get out of the fear? A shaman could shock. Or maybe, just maybe, this whole teamwork thing that is what arenas are all about should come into play and your team could stop him? No wai, thats way to far fetched!

And to the guy who said it takes 8 casts.... Well considering that it only drains 7.5% mana (after resil), I find that quite illogical. Thats definitely like 13. And even if it did take 8 casts, thats still 8 2 second casts that they are getting off without you going LOS, or their partner or you interrupting them.
    Remind me what happens at the beginning of a fight..everyone is full health full cds, so priest can mana burn according to you, right off the bat

HoJ is a 10 sec longer CD than priest fear and a 10yrd range so yeah if its up and im close enough its a option..
    Stoping a priest from casting mana burn LOL, my partner peels and the priest just puts up Pain sup and continues his work

You also seem to not realize that people use mana during fights and priest never have to burn someones complete mana bar

This topic is about mana burn in general, yes in some situations there is a way to prevent it but more often there isnt. (And yes i agrue they orginal poster is a retard)

priests are abusing opness of mana burn specially at 3w3 setups 1 dps 1 healer 1 mana burner setups are examples of this retarded stiuation.
    SERIOUSLY

What are ppl smoking in this forum... Please give me some ASAP !

Atleast cry at the amount of RMPs in 3v3, not the mana burn dumbass
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Well, let's see. You are whining about Priests like one of them piddled in your cheerios, so that is the first we can count out.

You also say that you don't have any CC or snares or roots, so you are obviously not a druid.

And Shamans have Hex and snares, as well as their totems to protect themselves, they are out too.

Oh look! A paladin! Despite the fact that you are pretty much the only class that Mana Burn actually works well against, you come in here and whine that it just isn't fair, that it is overpowered, that you are a good player and it is the games fault that you are losing.

I honestly don't know how I didn't instantly recognise the pathetic whimpering of a paladin calling for priest nerfs right away, considering how you lot seem to flock to this forum like the wailing wall, but I suppose it was slightly confusing when you were complaining about not being able to do anything at all except heal despite having Hammer of Justice and some amazing defensive spells.

Say hello to your DK arena partner for me.
    Plz refer to the poster above you

And if ur considering my AMAZING defensive spell as my bubble, what kinda priest do u play? forget about that other spell?

And if ur considering my AMAZING defensive spell as my bubble, what kinda priest do u play? forget about that other spell?
    Amazing defensive spells like HoJ, Bop, freedom, and blessing / divine sacrifice

Erm, I said spells. You know, plural? For different situations, Paladins do have a lot of defensive options available to them. You know that you use more spells than flash heal and bubble in an arena match, and that having a number of different defensive spells like Hand of Freedom and Hand of Protection means you are able to deal with situations in a number of different ways. And if the other priest is trying to dispel your blessings then he is not mana-burning you.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Erm, I said spells. You know, plural? For different situations, Paladins do have a lot of defensive options available to them. You know that you use more spells than flash heal and bubble in an arena match, and that having a number of different defensive spells like Hand of Freedom and Hand of Protection means you are able to deal with situations in a number of different ways. And if the other priest is trying to dispel your blessings then he is not mana-burning you.
    I believe you were the one to bring us away from the topic of mana burning...and since when does blessing of freedom help against priest?

It doesn't. It is more useful against rogues, though. And on the last page you did say that apparently every priest is on a team with either a ret paladin or a rogue.

I believe you were the one to bring us away from the topic of mana burning...and since when does blessing of freedom help against priest?
    Dude, just stop. The only way a priest should be mana burning you is if his partner is on you with slows up (in which case HoF saves you from mana burns ), or you need to spam heal your partner because the dps the opposite dude is shitting out is so much (this is where sacrifice or BoP comes in), or finally your just a retarded shitty s5 faceroll glad pally who heals while standing in the middle of the arena thinking that its going to work again this season.

For the record, if you've ever played a priest, you'd know that fear takes your target away from you, out of range of mana burn, more times than not.

Get a clue.

I'm not the one to talk on this issue , my priest is just lvl 72 atm , not playing it much , however , it would be absurd ( In my opinion ) to nerf mana burn. It's a needed spell and it is mitigated by Resilience.

If you're having trouble with mana burn you should just work on more Interrupts or LoS . It's a needed spell , it's like nerfing Cheap shot or something for rogues. If they just nerf it ONLY a little it would be close to useless so it's fine imo.

( Again : Not an expert on priests , just see them in arena and such and mine is not 80 yet so I can't judge)

[Sig Snipped]

Quote Originally Posted by Lushia
    Dude, just stop. The only way a priest should be mana burning you is if his partner is on you with slows up (in which case HoF saves you from mana burns ), or you need to spam heal your partner because the dps the opposite dude is shitting out is so much (this is where sacrifice or BoP comes in), or finally your just a retarded shitty s5 faceroll glad pally who heals while standing in the middle of the arena thinking that its going to work again this season.

For the record, if you've ever played a priest, you'd know that fear takes your target away from you, out of range of mana burn, more times than not.

Get a clue.
    zomg priest/rogue isnt a faceroll team...im so stupid!!! i thought it was

Entirely unlike DK/Holy pala.