Poll: Whats Ret Next Nerf?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Ret Next Nerf?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Ret Next Nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by Gzilia
    /delete death knight
    /delete paladin

More room for pandaren brewmasters
    If that was the solution to the issues of the game, then alot of classes/speccs would have been deleted by now :P

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold
    If that was the solution to the issues of the game, then alot of classes/speccs would have been deleted by now :P
    As someone who played rogue for 3-4 years, I would gladly give him up for a brewmaster

Lets count the votes
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

I'm honestly frightened by what is taking place on the BlizzCon forum.

They will prob make DS heal all enemies for the amount of dmg you deal to your target ;S

Quote Originally Posted by Templar
    After researching Arcane mage dps for my character last night (level 73 Gnome mage ) my Pally uses more buttons in a boss fight for dps -_-. Failtroll.

Ret Pally Macro:
    "/Cast Divine Plea
    /cast Crusader Strike
    /Cast Hammer of Wrath
    /Cast Judgement of Light
    /Cast Divine Storm
    /Cast Consecration
    /Cast Exorcism"

Bind that to your "1" key. Get behind boss. Put little tippy bird so that it hits the "1" key Every 1.5 sec. Walk away and make a sandwich, maybe check the news. Come Back in 5 minutes. Get epics.

Seriously, I love paladins, but could the ret paladin be any easier a class to play? There's no thought or strategy on when to use your abilities, no rotation, just mash the buttons when they light up and do tons of damage. Yes, they have a decent number of abilities, but in PvE not a single one of their attacks takes any thought.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

I hate when my class complains about justified nerfs, rly do you make me cry!!! QQ

Ret is a spec that will constantly change, because of all the sucky pvpers out that cannot kill a ret pally. I play a ret pally myself and I notice the op that we are in arena. Rogues in the other hand are more op with the all the stuns and defensive moves they got to get them out of cituations. And every class has their advantages to pvp, the player just has to be skilled to figure it out. And have the right comp for arena, you just can't go in with a messed up comp.

Wow is 60%skill. 20%gear. 20%class. In my perspective. Sry for any typos I'm on iphone

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    would you like fries with your QQ?
    Nice reading skills, QQing Rettard. "I support this post that says ret is going to get nerfed more, because I don't like being nerfed, and anyone who says we're complaining about the maximum nerf is QQing."
    right wel i can insurance u i dnt hav down syndrome so u can stop sayin stupid stuff lyk that
    --Hennrehh

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    Crying is easier than trying.
    Just remember, folks. If you use Armory to look up my character, just to make your e-peen larger, it just makes my points more valid.

There's only one reason that Blizz continues to nerf ret.

I'm gonna let you in on this little known secret.

Its not because you class is OP.
    Its not because your burst is OP.
    Its not because other classes QQ about you constantly.
    ITS BECAUSE YOU CANT F#%*!*# SPELL/TYPE/READ FOR BEANS!! (QQ)

Go back through this entire thread and read every post. There are a few of you that sound like you aren't in the 3rd grade.
    Just a few though.

For those of you who didn't get left back in elementary school, several times, I'm sorry you guys are getting nerfed.
    For the rest of you, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Blizzard is going to remove you're tearducts so you cant QQ no more.
    This guy won this thread hands down.

Owned by a resto druid again retabads. Congrats. /golfclap

yeah putting my money on hammer of wrath has the lowest impact on pve.

btw can crusader strike now have a spellbreaker after Blizzard found, thanks to lvl 1 alts, the source of ret paladins burst problem ?
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705

Quote Originally Posted by Arganaut
    It has always been a poor talent. But surprise surprise a hot fix!!

Re-work the talent if you want to change it, give us something in return, half ass attempts in hot fixes is not the way to go about doing things.
    A nugget of wisdom in an otherwise retarded thread.

That to me is what really bothers me about the Vindication nerf; not that it was overpowered and in need of change, but that they didn't change it at all, they just made it 'not as good'.

That isn't fixing it. That isn't balancing it. That is just taking something from OP status (allegedly) to sucking status.

They could have done so much with Vindication.

- change it to a stacking debuff (2% reduction of all stats per hit, stacks 10 times)
    - change it so instead of altering stats, it increases Cast time / Melee swing speed
    - turn it into a slow/snare ability

and those are just off the top of my head.

You cannot fix a class by simply taking what they have and reducing it. If the talent is broken, it's broken, and needs to be redesigned.

In the end, Ret will be left with a talent that no player will take for either PvP or PvE. And while the horde of QQ'ers out there will rejoice at the fate of Ret Paladins, you have to ask yourself if it's good at all for the GAME for any spec to have a talent that is useless in both facets of the game?

And btw, that brings Ret Paladins up to 3.

- Eye for an Eye
    - Vindication
    - Seal of Command

all are useless now in both PvE and PvP.

I'm sure there are other specs out there that are saddled with useless talents as well, but the fact is if Blizzard is adding more to the pile, it's bad for the game overall.

Blizzard needs to stop being lazy and actually do their job.

amk you know how blizzard works with the paladin classe.
    Nerf Nerf Nerf, Big Patch buff, QQ in forums, nerf, nerf, nerf, Big Patch buff, QQ in forum, nerf, nerf, etc....
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705

I doubt that any of the Styles listed above will get a nerf (in the way they deal damage at least).
    As you all can see, these nerfs are all pvp based. And since Ret Paladins aren't the greatest damage dealers (raid-wise) out there, i highly doubt they tune us down in PvE.
    Hand of Freedom will definatly see further nerfs, they'll either increase the CD or remove the "immunity" to snares, letting it only dispell a active snare effect.

Blizz can nerf pvp as much as they want, it'll never be even close to balanced. Just dun touch our PvE dps!

and btw..
    Quote Originally Posted by Gzilia
    Blizzard is going to remove you're tearducts so you cant QQ no more.
    Who the fuck is this guy? I see him talk bullshit and quote every fuckin word people say.
    Get the fuck out, the Dr00D Forums are ---------> that way

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42
    Ret Pally Macro:
    "/Cast Divine Plea
    /cast Crusader Strike
    /Cast Hammer of Wrath
    /Cast Judgement of Light
    /Cast Divine Storm
    /Cast Consecration
    /Cast Exorcism"

Bind that to your "1" key. Get behind boss. Put little tippy bird so that it hits the "1" key Every 1.5 sec. Walk away and make a sandwich, maybe check the news. Come Back in 5 minutes. Get epics.

Seriously, I love paladins, but could the ret paladin be any easier a class to play? There's no thought or strategy on when to use your abilities, no rotation, just mash the buttons when they light up and do tons of damage. Yes, they have a decent number of abilities, but in PvE not a single one of their attacks takes any thought.
    Paladins like that aren't clearing Ulduar, unless their guilds are carrying them.

In Ulduar I use between 10-14 different abilities per fight.

The only ones who think that Ret Paladins only use 4 buttons (in this posters case, 7) either have never played a Ret Paladin, or have played one badly.

If Ret Paladins have such a low skillset requirement, how is it that I have to hear from so many bad ones?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

I have a feeling HoJ will get nerfed next since thats what people complain the most about.

Yeah putting my money on hammer of wrath has the lowest impact on pve.

Thanks for pointing that out. Why on earth is it on our tier 8 x2 set piece btw?

There are plenty of classes out there who have "when below 35% damage is increased by something" talents. Fire Mages have a talent, Locks have decimation procs for uber Soulfire hits, those are ones I can think of top of my head.

Remember, HOW was already reduced from being used at 35% (I think) back down to 20%. I seriously cannot see why this would be next in line for a nerf.

Retri's cannot be nerfed anymore as it stands, simple as really. The new combat system they are bringing in needs to come fast.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

blizzard nerf retpaladins by the amount off QQ in dd-forum and lotsa trolls going
    " Omg paladin has endless amounts of ranged attacks and a ranged execut nerf nerf nerf QQ nerf Nerf"

we will see how dmg cut
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Spellid 93705

15+ Year Old Account

lolret

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    A nugget of wisdom in an otherwise retarded thread.

That to me is what really bothers me about the Vindication nerf; not that it was overpowered and in need of change, but that they didn't change it at all, they just made it 'not as good'.

That isn't fixing it. That isn't balancing it. That is just taking something from OP status (allegedly) to sucking status.

They could have done so much with Vindication.

- change it to a stacking debuff (2% reduction of all stats per hit, stacks 10 times)
    - change it so instead of altering stats, it increases Cast time / Melee swing speed
    - turn it into a slow/snare ability

and those are just off the top of my head.

You cannot fix a class by simply taking what they have and reducing it. If the talent is broken, it's broken, and needs to be redesigned.

In the end, Ret will be left with a talent that no player will take for either PvP or PvE. And while the horde of QQ'ers out there will rejoice at the fate of Ret Paladins, you have to ask yourself if it's good at all for the GAME for any spec to have a talent that is useless in both facets of the game?

And btw, that brings Ret Paladins up to 3.

- Eye for an Eye
    - Vindication
    - Seal of Command

all are useless now in both PvE and PvP.

I'm sure there are other specs out there that are saddled with useless talents as well, but the fact is if Blizzard is adding more to the pile, it's bad for the game overall.

Blizzard needs to stop being lazy and actually do their job.
    Would be nice to see Vindication reduce their Spirit/Agil/STR and give it to the Paladin, sort of like a "power sap"

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha

lolret
    loltroll

"Back in the day" (Pre-patch 3.0) a GOOD Ret paladin could do Battlegrounds, and an EXCEPTIONAL one could be 3-400 DPS behind a rogue in SSC. Its just back then a.) Rets had bad rep and b.) Being exceptional required a LOT of skill, determination, and coordination ( and also a Windfury totem :P )

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42
    Ret Pally Macro:
    "/Cast Divine Plea
    /cast Crusader Strike
    /Cast Hammer of Wrath
    /Cast Judgement of Light
    /Cast Divine Storm
    /Cast Consecration
    /Cast Exorcism"

Arcane mage rotation....

Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Barrage (or Missile Barrage on proc).

Wonder which is harder :.
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Templar
    Arcane mage rotation....

Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Barrage (or Missile Barrage on proc).

Wonder which is harder :.
    how about frost mages, elemental + frostbolt x 100 rinse repeat

boomkins primarily only uses 4 buttons, moonfire, insect swarm, wrath til eclipse procs, then starfire rinse repeat

destro locks in tbc shadowbolt til boss is dead

GOOD ret pallies are one of the few dps classes that has the chances to prevent raid wipes, with hands, blessings, ley of hands, sacred shield, art of war procs etc.

A GOOD ret pally will NEVER use a stupid kind of macro. Sure ret are prob op for low bracket pvp, but in upper pvp brackets it takes a lot of planning and coordination. People say Ret's op but look in any bracket of pvp, It doesn't dominate like rogue priest in 2v2, Rogue Mage Priest in 3v3 or Lock Rogue Shaman, or like top100 teams in 5v5 are overly saturated with warlock shaman priest in almost every top100 teams in arenas.

Ret has a low learning curve to obtain a decent rating which is what prob the cause of the QQ, but to master Ret is higher learning curve than every other class that I've played. Not the one who focuses just on tryin to do the most dps, but the Ret who's throwing hand of sacrifice, divine guardian, ley of hands, freedom, sacred shield, art of war procs while maintaining a good dps is the model of a GOOD ret pally.

Sorry if the BAD ret pallies are stomping you to the ground. If you think you can hit 2200+ in arenas with smashing 3-4 buttons, or do well in a raid with just that your saddly mistaken. But then most the qqers are prob the ones that dies to void spawns in kt as well on a regular basis.