Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Immolate dispelling fix idea.

Conflagrate

Instant cast
    x second cooldown 30yrd range
    y mana cost

An instant burst of flames that causes z damage and affects your target with an immolate debuff. If the target is already afflicted by immolate, it consumes the immolate and causes damage equal to the full duration of the debuff.

Now let me explain before people go nerdrage.
    It causes some damage, maybe equal or less than immolate and puts the same debuff as immolate on the target. The rest of the effect remains the same as before. Here, even if people dispell immolate, we can simply recast it(our normal immolate spell) while they're on their GCD which causes a small but usefull inconvenience to the enemy.

Additionally, let's say you're kiting someone and you have a backlash ready without immo on the target. Cast this spell, then inc and bam, more damage. Also works as an instant slow with aftermath.

How does this sound as a small fix to destro pvp?

Any suggestions/improvements to the idea are mostly welcome.
    Please keep this civilised
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Re: Immolate dispelling fix idea.

so your idea is that conflagerate should be castable on targets without immolate on them and provide a immolate debuff...

Instead of making that shit compilcated, why doesn't blizzard just give immolate dispel resistance in the improved immolate talent. 20%-30% dispel resistance would solve that problem.

The cool thing about conflag is that its a hidden burst move, the target doesn't know when its coming, but as long as immolate is on the target, there screwed. I think it should stay that way.

Just provide dispel resistance to immolate so that locks can start putting up a good fight against displine preist. This topic is overlooked alot in the forums, immolate is a warlocks most powerful spell because it opens up others spells and talents. When a preist is able to dispel immolate on the first try, which is almost always the case, then warlocks don't stand a chance at anything except fear spamming. Is that what blizzard wants?

15+ Year Old Account

Problem 1: Cooldown - your new conflag applies Immolate if no immolate exists, but can't conflag. Thus Conflag is on cooldown and you just casted an instant Immolate that can be dispelled too. You can't conflag for 10 seconds.

Problem 2: You can't change the cooldown to solve #1. Screwing with the cooldown means warlocks can Immolate, Glyph Conflag, and spam that while the healers are feared. Keep Immolate up, and you win.

Problem 3: You're taking away burst from warlocks when they face dispel teams. You're forcing them to Immolate - Conflag in order to do the burst at all.

Problem 4: This might have needed to be said sooner, but you can't make Conflag apply Immolate AND do its normal ability without reducing damage or something else noone wants.

R.I.P. YARG

no

Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

15+ Year Old Account

Sorry, the problem is that immolate is the only spell a destruction warlock needs dispel protection on. Why would you go through the trouble of adding dispel protection to one spell for one spec of one class that only matters in Arena matches against 2 out of 10 classes?

The math does not compute. I'd rather they work on new content and correcting the "ZERG THE WARLOCK" 100% guaranteed to work strategy.

R.I.P. YARG

Giving dispel resistance to a 7k(grossly undergeared warlock) to 12k(well-geared/pve geared warlock) nuke is ridiculous. Cover dots or a partner with cover dots is all you need to blast someone into oblivion. Expecting to be able to open up with a 10k bomb is like Sudden Death granting a full rage bar and being a "use" rather than a proc.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Swing and a miss... but hey, I won't knock you for trying to think creatively.

I agree on the Immo dispel resistance... or if we won't see resistance, reduce the cast time to give the dispeller less time to react.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

NO, with this destr will BE VERY EVRY OP.
    the only thing keep us from Op is the immolate need to be cast and not dispell. (and the 10% crit rate)
    if you make it instant then......

Immolate just needs to be given 100% dispel protection through talents the same way Blizzard did for ret paladin seals. Like say, just give improved immolate 33/66/100% dispel protection.

Healers should have to more than leave a drinky bird on their dispel hotkey to autowin. People use the term "faceroll" like thats easy mode, spam pressing 1 key and automatically hard countering an entire class because of it is an even bigger joke.

Deleted

:'(

they cant dispell while feared/stuned/seduced or silenced ...ring a bell?

Quote Originally Posted by jneboon
    they cant dispell while feared/stuned/seduced or silenced ...ring a bell?
    Who needs to dispel immolate while feared or seduced? If you dispelled it that would be like CC'ing yourself for even longer.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    Who needs to dispel immolate while feared or seduced? If you dispelled it that would be like CC'ing yourself for even longer.
    And that my friend is why I don't talk so much about PVP. There's so many different dynamics.

Take what you just said - dispelling immolate is like self-cc.

1) You cast Immolate
    2) Priest dispels it
    3) Repeat forever

Eventually, Immolate will kill the target because even glyphed, priest isn't healing for more than you are hitting. (Glyph = 3%, 3% of 25k is 750 hp, if your immolate hits for less then you have other problems) If the priest stops to heal, BOOM 8k Conflag.

This is a closed-circuit view of the arena floor, but its one example of why giving it dispel protection only creates a problem against 2 out of 10 classes.

If you waste a GCD casting, and they waste a GCD dispelling, does it work out in the end?

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    And that my friend is why I don't talk so much about PVP. There's so many different dynamics.
    I think he mean if he dispel immolate, he will be seduce or the fear will last longer.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mug'thol&n=Axio
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mug'thol&n=Axioqt

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Protokol
    I think he mean if he dispel immolate, he will be seduce or the fear will last longer.
    1) You can't dispel while cc'd
    2) You don't get to choose what to dispel

Therefore, we are either talking about a dispelling a partner, or somehow we are talking about someone who is able to either dispel fear while feared, or trinket immolate. Since the latter cannot be true, I have to assume the former.

R.I.P. YARG

On live:
    Improved Immolate (Rank 1/2/3)
    Increases the damage done by your Immolate spell by 10/20/30%.

The fix:
    Improved Immolate (Rank 1/2/3)
    Increases the damage done by your Immolate spell by 10/20/30%.
    Also, when the spell is dispelled, the target explodes dealing damage equal to 4/8/12 sec of your Immolate effect.

This will have no effect in PvE, and will insure that either the spell is not dispelled, or that worthwhile damage gets stuck to the target.

Simple fix... Tack on 10/20/30% dispell protection to Immolate when speccing into Nether protection. It will be a passive effect and not a proc like NP.

15+ Year Old Account

Note - arguing with "We need dispel protection" basically says "We need guaranteed conflagrates against Priests and Paladins".

So instead of arguing why immolate needs dispel protection, argue why we need buffs against Paladins and Priests. And please leave representation out of it.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Giving dispel resistance to a 7k(grossly undergeared warlock) to 12k(well-geared/pve geared warlock) nuke is ridiculous.
    please stop pull numbers out of your hat.
    I do 7k on a pvp geared target and i have pritty good gear (furious weapon and full deadly).