Totem swapping macro

Hello, I have recently switched from dualspec enhancement/resto to enhancement/elemental for raiding, so I am not up to snuff on all the theory for max elemental dps.

My question is regarding Totem of Hex and Thunderfall Totem.

I tried making a simple

/equip Totem of Hex
    /cast Lightning Bolt [rank 14] (not 100% sure on rank)

and

/equip Thunderfall Totem
    /cast Lava Burst [rank 2]

macro set - to try and get the benefit from both totems. Though, it seems like I get a delay between when they equip sometimes, and I am not sure if my spells are getting the benefit, or if the /equip is interfering with the cast timing and whatnot.

Does anyone use a similar macro set and know if it works well / without slowing down casts?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is a repeat post.

Re: Totem swapping macro

I think relic swapping will initiate the GCD, basically making it's cause worthless. The dps you will gain from switching back and forth is much less than what you would gain from using the GCD for another spell.

Does weapon swapping cause the GCD, cause if that does then relic swapping will too, just have a look at it and if it causes a GCD then there really is no use for it, a loss of dps.

If it doesnt cause a GCD then well, test it out 8)

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Yes, swapping the relic will cause GCD.

i am testing it out as I type this, swapping a relic does not trigger the 1.5 sec GCD. there does seem to be a delay between you you switch and can cast (0.5 sec maybe?)

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by FieldEffect
    i am testing it out as I type this, swapping a relic does not trigger the 1.5 sec GCD. there does seem to be a delay between you you switch and can cast (0.5 sec maybe?)
    Try it in combat.

If you're not in combat it wont cause GCD, but if you're in combat it will.