Tactics for priests while slowed but getting mana burned?

I team with a ret (yeah lol,ret faceroll blah blah...truth is they aren't any more) who even when he keeps up freedom as much as he can, spams repent and hammer on the mana burns eventually they run out and I end up with something like hamstring or dese-lolskill-cration (that stuff needs a nerf) slowing me while the opposite priest just sits there spamming mana burn, normally I would line of sight it but when the dps is just hugging me and spamming slows I can't do anything. The ret can't get near the other priest due to the same slow (ok generally this is more a dk problem than a warrior or druid).

Similar with warlock/healer, what can you do about a warlock who just stands there spamming mana drain? Yes I can line of sight it or dispel it but in time (normally when I go to dispel fear on the ret) he connects and oom's me before the other healer.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Re: Tactics for priests while slowed but getting mana burned?

Have you tryed to los those spells? Instead of just sitting out in the open.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

Quote Originally Posted by talrob
    normally I would line of sight it but when the dps is just hugging me and spamming slows I can't do anything.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

maybe your team mate should try to use his spells better normally a ret has enough mana...
    and then you cant move away just burn the other healer too.
    played a retpala in vanilla
    played a shadow in tbc
    played a DK in Wrath
    always my classes got owned by blizz

Well if their dps is on you spamming slows he's also dpsing you, so you cant just spam mana burns aswell.
    Your pala should be putting out enough pressure on their priest so he doesnt have time to mana burn.
    You can also try to position yourself away from the priest next to a pillar to get out los fast.
    (using the option "show enemy nameplates" rly helps with this, especially if you also use "colored by class".)
    I myself play a resto shaman so i can either shock the mana burn or use grounding totem, so its easier for me
    to avoid the mana burns.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacecow
    Well if their dps is on you spamming slows he's also dpsing you, so you cant just spam mana burns aswell.
    Your pala should be putting out enough pressure on their priest so he doesnt have time to mana burn.
    You can also try to position yourself away from the priest next to a pillar to get out los fast.
    (using the option "show enemy nameplates" rly helps with this, especially if you also use "colored by class".)
    I myself play a resto shaman so i can either shock the mana burn or use grounding totem, so its easier for me
    to avoid the mana burns.
    Finally someone who understands, problem is if the paladin goes for the other priest, the dps just follows and kites him around with slows while the other priest laughs at my ret and I'm always hugging the pillar but when you are slowed sometimes its hard to get out of sight, I guess I should keep moving even before the mana burn but still annoying that you can't seam to do anything about it.

Hmm if the other dps is hugging your paladin, you can use PW:S and renew on the pala, and let your retri
    use sacred shield on him and the instant flashes to heal himself. That way you got some time to mana burn
    the other priest. You can also fear the priest and nuke their dps to build up some pressure. then the priest has
    to heal instead of mana burning. While you can mana burn him if your pala is still high on health. If the dps switches to you again, dispel the slowing effect on the pala and use repentance to get back to the priest.
    You can also play very offensive from the beginning. Start with repentance,then fear, (so he cant run away from you while you try to fear) and HoJ after if he is close. Help the pala dps the target. After the cc the priest will have to heal, wich gives you time to mana burn. Repeat the CC when cooldowns are up again, it will cost the priest allot of mana to heal the target quick and let them use their cooldowns and gives you more time to mana burn

I was going to type my own rambling advice but the post above pretty much reflects it - Its harder to play an aggressive priest but my god do they do well when they get the hang of it. Have your ret play a bit defensive, instead of letting their priest take your ret for a walk at 100% speed try to turn it around, if their dps is on you get your ret on the priest and dispell where possible - when he starts to look offensive (i.e. you figured out he isnt stupid enough to just run away forever) fear him, get your ret on the dps and fake a spike (use hoj but no freedom/repent/fear ward) - getting their trinket is what you need to be able to do the rediculous combo of freedom>repent(heal)>HoJ/wings/holyfire+swp+swd.

I know it may translate into "lol cc them when their trinket is down" - im not stupid enough to suggest this is "your doing it wrong, my way will win" - but what Im saying is these powerful switches and tricks with pressure (who's he on? was that his burst or does he still have his burst waiting, what % health is safe and what can he do when I still have my trinket?) is what priest/ret rocks at, even less able teams scare the life out of me with this combo and its only RnG/gear that decides if I have a dead partner or not.

Summary/short? - Experiment with excessive switching and aggressive dispelling - dont let it turn into a tank contest but practically ESCAPE the game when you dont have cooldown strings to prevent a slow loosing battle.