Input needed - prof change no farming

My main is JC/Enchanting
    I have an 80 shaman alt whos mining/engineering.
    I make enough through JC/Chanting, and my alt is really just a farming toon...except i'm sick of farming.
    I wouldn't mind keeping mining anyways, but whats best to replace engineering?
    Ideally a prof I could stay in town, buy raw shit on AH, craft, profit. Inscription any good?
    Also considering skinning but i dunno...

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Input needed - prof change no farming

Do not go skinning, only people that benefit the most form that are Leatherworks, and they usually go out skinning and farm their own mats, not to mention borean leather doesn't go for that much.

As for what you're looking for, Alchemy is for you

Quote Originally Posted by vayron
    Ideally a prof I could stay in town, buy raw shit on AH, craft, profit. Inscription any good?
    I make about 800g-1500g a day (depending on competition) through doing exactly what you describe: buy herbs -> mill -> make glyphs/cards -> sell on AH.

I use a combination of Auctionator and Postal to make my life easier. Auctionator allows you to make shopping lists, so you can keep track of many markets (well over 200 glyphs possible, so you defiintely want to choose your markets well).

If you want to profit off only a few commodities, then perhaps alchemy is easier. Which one you'll profit most from depends greatly on your server and the effort you put into it, though.

I don't know a lot about inscription. From what I've heard, it can be profitable, but others have said its not at all. Whats a good strategy for profit through Inscription?

Quote Originally Posted by vayron
    I don't know a lot about inscription. From what I've heard, it can be profitable, but others have said its not at all. Whats a good strategy for profit through Inscription?
    I personally just make cards and put them all up for auction when the fair rolls around. This time around i had about 20 cards when the fair started and sold them all in 2 days for just under 4k gold.

I'm Herb/Scribe and it seems to make me some gold not tons and tons yet, I still need to understand Scribe more, but what I do is buy Eternal's when there really cheap, same goes with Adders cause it seems to have the best drop for icy pigments. Once I get a ton of mats I just make cards I have yet to make a complete deck, but I was able to get most of the Undeath cards bought 3 or so for 500g and need 2 more, this deck sells for 1.3k on my server and Nobles deck sells for around 6k little more little less pending on the economy. For Snowfall ink all you do is mill shit loads of herds and make Ink of the sea and just trade them for Snowfall inks 10 Ink of the sea = 1 Snowfall ink, as far as not farming for the mats I dono, I'm really sick of farming Herbs myself due to the fact 60% mount makes everything so god damnd slow. Glyphs sells very well to I have over 50 on the Ah still when from when I power lvld Scribe, some go for 30g+ and they don't use a lot of mats. I would love to know how to make 800-2k a day with Scribe but I still need to learn more about it.*** If I have missed anything please comment my post, don't want to give out bad info :P.

Do some research.

Find out what are the typical best glyphs for each spec of each class, then start making and selling those. Pay attention to ah on those glyphs as they are in demand and sell much faster than other glyphs. I wouldnt undercut so much as people will respond by undercutting too. All i do is list things equal to the currently cheapest one.

Bascily what I do is each day i farm herbs till i get enough stuff to make 1 darkmoon card(doesnt take long) then i go sell it and spend some time checking up on my big list of glyphs, spend just over an hour a session and make anywhere from 500-1500g depending on luck of darkmoon card.

Also try throwing an advertisement out there with your best selling glyphs and could get some business outside ah.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cj240
    I'm Herb/Scribe and it seems to make me some gold not tons and tons yet, I still need to understand Scribe more, but what I do is buy Eternal's when there really cheap, same goes with Adders cause it seems to have the best drop for icy pigments. Once I get a ton of mats I just make cards I have yet to make a complete deck, but I was able to get most of the Undeath cards bought 3 or so for 500g and need 2 more, this deck sells for 1.3k on my server and Nobles deck sells for around 6k little more little less pending on the economy. For Snowfall ink all you do is mill shit loads of herds and make Ink of the sea and just trade them for Snowfall inks 10 Ink of the sea = 1 Snowfall ink, as far as not farming for the mats I dono, I'm really sick of farming Herbs myself due to the fact 60% mount makes everything so god damnd slow. Glyphs sells very well to I have over 50 on the Ah still when from when I power lvld Scribe, some go for 30g+ and they don't use a lot of mats. I would love to know how to make 800-2k a day with Scribe but I still need to learn more about it.*** If I have missed anything please comment my post, don't want to give out bad info :P.
    It's 250% chance to get the white pigment and 25% chance to get the green one from all herbs, so buy whats cheapest. Theres no point to farm it whatsoever. The mats cost per glyph is very cheap and even if it wasn't, time = money