Little macro help please

To start with.. I suck at spelling and macros ^^

I need a macro for shackle.
    I need it to target gargoyle first if there is none then target the ghoul. Ofc with not loosing my current target :-)
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

Re: Little macro help please

I don't think you'll be able to shackle the ghouls with a macro as they have different names (last time I saw anyway). The gargoyle shouldn't be much of a problem with:

/cast [target=Gargoyle] Shackle Undead

Not sure whether just Gargoyle will work (or even if you can specify names...)
    Guild Master of Solace
    Outland EU

ye figured that it would proberly be a problem
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

This casts the Shackle Undead at a nearby mob named "Gargoyle" if present, then at a nearly mob named "Ghoul" if present, otherwise just at whatever your target is.

/cast [target=Gargoyle] Shackle Undead; [target=Ghoul] Shackle Undead; Shackle Undead
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

It's an ebon gargoyle not just a gargoyle.

Thx ill see if i can make it work. Otherwise i do know how to change the name atleast

I know for a fact that that won't work for their pet ghouls, as they are given names.

Quote Originally Posted by domzae
    I know for a fact that that won't work for their pet ghouls, as they are given names.
    Arent there any way to target undeads or something?

Irritating when facing a DK / shammy... I cant realy tab my way to the gargoyle.. Well i could after i went through 4 totems and 2 players + the goul :-(

EDIT: any chance that there are only 7 names or something then i could type em all in ^^

I'm sure you could try just clicking on the Ghoul... gotta be a lot easier than getting a macro to do it anyway.
    Guild Master of Solace
    Outland EU

Quote Originally Posted by Calamar
    I'm sure you could try just clicking on the Ghoul... gotta be a lot easier than getting a macro to do it anyway.
    Gargoyle is by far the most importent to CC imo. Ofc i could click, done it until now. Just hoped i could save 1-2 sec getting macro for it.

/cast [target=Ebon Gargoyle][target=Ghoul][target=mouseover][target=target]Shackle Undead

macro does following:
    cast Shackle Undead on following Target (in this sequence/priority) givven the target exists if it doesn't exist it takes the next "priority"

1 Ebon Gargoyle
    2 Ghoul
    3 your mouseover target
    4 your target

you might insert the names of ghoul pets  you encounter between Ebon Gargoyle and Ghoul since i think the number of names for those pets is limited ... not sure about that

not sure about that but i think [target=<something>] does only target <something> if it's the exact name like /targetexact

another option might be to use /target wich only needs the beginning of the targets neam to get target on that ... so you might try using something like this: (not sure about all lines because i haven't done macros for a longer period of time ... did them all at once but you might find some info yourself : http://www.wowwiki.com/Making_a_macro )
    it might save you some characters in your macro to use /target since you don't need to write down the full name of a pet

/focus target
    /target mouseover
    /target Ghoul
    /target Ebon
    /cast Shackle Undead
    /target focus
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

Hmm ofc i dident think about mouseover casts... Good idear tbh and thx for the reply

15+ Year Old Account

The first macro that Varon posted will probably work best. Though I would add something to it:

/cast [target=Ebon Gargoyle,harm,exists][target=Summoned Ghoul,harm,exists][target=mouseover,harm,nodead][target=target,harm,nodead]Shackle Undead

Edit: As others said with [target=X] you usually have to write the exact name, and normal ghouls I think have "Summoned Ghoul" as their name. Permaghouls won't get shackled by this.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=46584#comments has a list of pre- and suffixed for permaghouls but how to get that into a macro/script I have no idea.

But what's funny:
    Just learned something kinda fantastic.

If you /glare at your ghoul when you've made him your pet, he will actually start to cower.

I'm still experimenting with other emotes to see what works and what doesn't. I'll post updates as they come.

Edit: If you /cower at him, he will spread his arms and yell at you all frightening-like.

Edit: If you /soothe him, he will do the same thing, and it will stop him from cowering.
    I want to be able to interact with my shadowfiend too!
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

But it is posibel to somehow implement several macroes so a macro affect a macro. So a macro get the name from another macro?

But your going good with different solutions

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Priear
    But it is posibel to somehow implement several macroes so a macro affect a macro. So a macro get the name from another macro?

But your going good with different solutions
    Well there's an addon (dunno the name though, just search for macro on curse and you're bound to find it) that allows you to exceed the 255 character limit in Blizzard macros, by basically chaining a few macros together so they appear as one. With that it should be possible to just write a huuuuuuuge list of [target=Batmaw,exists][target=Bonemuncher,exists] etc. so you could theoretically try all the different ghoul names in the macro and shackle the one that exists.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

and then just hope that i wont run into some1 with the same name