Thread: fps jumps

fps jumps

hi, i have a problem with fps jumps... it started about a month ago, happens only when i am in raid... normally i have about 30-40fps but sometimes it drops to 1-3 for about 3minutes a then back. I formated my computer last week, install new system and wow again, all addons dissabled but this fps jumps stayed... Can u help me please with this.... I play wow for about year and half and i never had this problem

thx

Re: fps jumps

Next time it happens, hit ctrl-alt-delete and open up the task manager - sort by process usage. this should show you if there is a background process eating up CPU cycles (AV scanners are a frequent culprit). If there is nothing out of the ordinary (or if there is), post back the following info:

CPU clock speed (ie 2.0ghz core 2 duo)
    amount of RAM (eg 2GB)
    Grapics card: (eg Nvidia GeForce GTX 260)

no more background process. Only WoW, when it happens, starts eating much more CPU.

CPU Celeron 2.8GHz
    ram 768MB
    GC nVidia GeForce 6200

Quote Originally Posted by Nuf
    ram 768MB
    this.

Get at last 1Go, pref. two. The PC will be swapping like hell to disk, especially with the new wotlk textures.

edit : and the cpu /vga is very weak. Hope you run wow at the lowests settings.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

but i never had this problem before... first weeks of ulduar were without problems

as gritz said, when doing such a test, make sure you have the latest video card drivers installed, disabled any automatic antivirus schedules (norton hello -.-) and if all of that doesn't help, check if your graphic card/cpu cooler isn't full of dust. Overheating can cause a FPS drop as well ^^ so make sure to not only blame programs/addons for it but also your hardware enviroment.