Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...

Re: Warlocks need active defence!

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte
    So it is not up to date.
    I knew it..., since blizz areadly said we are weak, and melee have too many way to get to us.
    It is like saying DK are OP now, which happened in S5, and now is S6.
    or warlock can wear leather which happened in beta.
    or warrior can have out of combat hp regen in combat by talent.
    Lot of thing changes you know??
    at that time warlock can 1v3 (non hunter and rogue and warrio)
    theyre prolly not going to give you something active.
    they might buff your passive.

the path theyre going to take will still be the same as they stated

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by terrminus
    So basically locks want to have more the one pet active?
    Fear that'is castable why stunned and 100% non resist?
    Teleporter distantance so far away that no one can touch you even ranged?(Don't u usually put your teleport out of LOS, so a warrior can't charge u)?
    So basically you want to be unstoppable?

It might sound like i'm trying to be a smart ass, but these are serious questions.
    Did you read the first seven pages of the thread where I already had this argument with a resto drood, or are you one of his alternate accounts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceforge
    <----------------WOOSH
    HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    theyre prolly not going to give you something active.
    they might buff your passive.

the path theyre going to take will still be the same as they stated
    In this brust brust PvP, a class with only passive def is going to be OP for some class or very weak for others.
    they weather going to nerf melee (about close gap), or give us way against melee.

Anyway, i fail to see why blizzard refuce to make teleport usable while stunned.
    It would be a huge buff to warlock survival and thats what we lack atm, survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Immortal

I found it funny how you qq'd about your lack of defense, and stated the only warrior defenses as ones that require shields.

You're talking about pvp right? You know.... The part of the game were prot warriors aren't as viable?

I don't think I've ever seen a protty in a high end arena team. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    so you have to be prot war to wear a shield? listen mate. any good warrior will know when to go sword and bored. if you healer is getting major cc then equip your shield and start spamming spell reflect or shield wall..

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    Anyway, i fail to see why blizzard refuce to make teleport usable while stunned.
    It would be a huge buff to warlock survival and thats what we lack atm, survival.
    I aslo fail to see why blizzard doesn't even respond to this question which has been asked of them many times in the forums but no blue post of it yet for how long now ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Screecher
    I aslo fail to see why blizzard doesn't even respond to this question which has been asked of them many times in the forums but no blue post of it yet for how long now ;/
    i think its because they dont want it to be to much of a wanna be blink.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    Because it would be like blink? mages can remove stuns but not snares. Locks remove snares but not stuns, sounds fair to me.

Also i think they've ripped too many of the mage abilities allready and given them to warlocks, whats the point of having 2 classes with almoust exact same kind of abilities? none.

Ya but I want them to state it, they usually answer any question written on their forums, this one has been asked for awhile and still no statement, theirs no reason to be scared to answer it.

sorry for not reading all 17 pages and repeating someone if theyve said this.

after doing a lot of arena, its pretty clear we need some form of defence from melee, now most people are probably suggesting the usual junk that you think will work (iceblocks/bubbles etc).

these would really suck for a warlock, and besides, it doesnt change the way people play, you will get focussed as soon as your bubble or w/e wears off, or when you break it, simple as.

Warlocks need something that means melee have to actually make a choice whether to go on the lock, as appose to tunnel vision cleave "gank the warlock, ignore everything else".

personally i think it very easily fixed:

- I would love to see soul link pet damage severely reduced or removed (perhaps class it as aoe damage, so pets get 85% less damage? or maybe thats too much)

- Give demon armour a bit more umph, perhaps another 2/3k armour, and maybe 10% less stun or something, nothing overpowered, but the armour would be a very simple fix, i dont know how much armour would make it deter melee, but i do think it needs a bit more.

I think blizzard will be thinking along the same lines, dont expect 3.2 to come around and some magic new spell to pop up, or for demonic portal to remove stuns (that will never happy imo, will just set off mages) i think they will going something along the lines of above, maybe even no warlock fix, and just bonus armour back on pvp items.

just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by spec
    sorry for not reading all 17 pages and repeating someone if theyve said this.

after doing a lot of arena, its pretty clear we need some form of defence from melee, now most people are probably suggesting the usual junk that you think will work (iceblocks/bubbles etc).

these would really suck for a warlock, and besides, it doesnt change the way people play, you will get focussed as soon as your bubble or w/e wears off, or when you break it, simple as.

Warlocks need something that means melee have to actually make a choice whether to go on the lock, as appose to tunnel vision cleave "gank the warlock, ignore everything else".

personally i think it very easily fixed:

- I would love to see soul link pet damage severely reduced or removed (perhaps class it as aoe damage, so pets get 85% less damage? or maybe thats too much)

- Give demon armour a bit more umph, perhaps another 2/3k armour, and maybe 10% less stun or something, nothing overpowered, but the armour would be a very simple fix, i dont know how much armour would make it deter melee, but i do think it needs a bit more.

I think blizzard will be thinking along the same lines, dont expect 3.2 to come around and some magic new spell to pop up, or for demonic portal to remove stuns (that will never happy imo, will just set off mages) i think they will going something along the lines of above, maybe even no warlock fix, and just bonus armour back on pvp items.

just my 2 cents.
    well its an other solution to make our passive defence better but is it enough? i doubt it. i think something have to be done with melee damage all together instead. because we already have shit loads of migation we practically wear plate and stil they smack us to a bloody pulp in secs. maybe some kind of nerf to AP? or something.

or well maybe not that would affect pve badly. um but the damage out put of melees should be reduced on other players (if possible) that way world of meleecraft would end abit.