Thread: Sword Spec...

Sword Spec...

Hello all, im a new poster on the forums...but an experienced Warrior

I recently (tonight) picked up Rune Edge...and yes, lol I realise I should leave this for the hunters...but there were none! Anyways, its for fury not Arms.

Anyways I was bored so I tried out sword spec, and...and it did GOOD damage, like..50-100 dps more than Axe spec. I'm not sure if it was luck, I hit the dumbies a few times for like 30 mins swapping between axe and sword spec, seemed like it was a moderate dps upgrade. I use Betrayer for axe spec not like I had a blue or something.

But I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried sword spec, because I know a lot of people have ruled it out V.S. Maces and Axes...Just wondering what the wider community think/if anyone else has tried it out.

Re: Sword Spec...

Well, having more hate on your gear would make the procc happen every cooldown, and thus giving a good damage increase. But having a lot of crit would make the axe-specc better since the 5% damage bonus on your crits is a lot when you crit 40% of the time.
    But yeah, if you only got a high Ilevel sword, go for the sword specc^^

My base crit as sword spec is 33.22% and as axe spec it is 36ish%...So i mean, i lost 3% to crit, so not huge!

Also I figure, a double hit is a bit stronger than an extra 250 damage on normal 5k axe crit...but I mean, that 5% crit stuff scales better with those bosses like, loatheb, thaddius, Hodir, Xt00, yadda.

I figured that I'd add this bit on + my armoury if anyone cares
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...emaul&n=Markou

Cheers for the feed back!

dont forget you get more crit from raid buffs.
    dummies aren't really a good indicator

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

i have been thinking about sword spec to. one thing i wondering is can you crit with this hit?

Quote Originally Posted by fatcamp
    i have been thinking about sword spec to. one thing i wondering is can you crit with this hit?
    Yes.

You can also proc, I believe, PPM abilities (Berserking, Greatness, etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Every spreadsheet/theorycrafting/etc I've seen so far puts SS far behind poleaxe spec. Its currently behind mace as well. Its so far pathetically behind that BoH with poleaxe is higher dps then Rune Edge with SS by quite a margin.

You have to remember that the basic's of SS have been nerfed quite a bit over the years. It used to be a 6% proc that procced nearly off of anything, even itself. It was changed to 5%, hamstring was changed to not cause dmg and that nerfed the old hamstringspam/ssproc dps madness, windfury was changed, and etc etc.

Its pretty much... crap now. It's why all the top arms warriors PVP'ed for the 232/239 axe or grabbed the meh Worldcarver. Sword spec is not what it used to be, especially with its retarded internal 6 second cd.. :S.

Quote Originally Posted by deamia
    It's crap now.
    fixed!

The main problem with sword spec is the internal cooldown. It provides so little dps, that you might as well not have a weapon spec while holding a sword as an arms warrior. Something like 3% over the course of 10 mins? Sad

Sword spec used to be so fun in PvP with the old Windfury and when ally didn't have shamans.

Well I mean, like I said, it is for fury when they finally do something about it...

But yer, I got ulduar on the weekend, I might run some dps tests...I wouldn't be worried if I didn't gain any dps, but if it turns out in the long run im losing like 100 dps or something, no moar swords!

ALSO was reading through the QnA warrior post on the world of warcraft forums, a question that comes up alot is, "Are there any plans to change the weapon mastery? I'm sick of having to spec into poleaxes"...

I feel the same way, the only axes/polearms currently avialable are, from pvp, which some people aren't good at, a meh one from ignis or a really good polearm from general which will be fought over amoungst eveyone (druids, hunters, Dks, pallies, warriors.../sigh)!

I think blizz should change sword spec, and possibly even Mace spec, I personally think that it should not matter what mastery you spec into, it should still give an equal dps increase! Because Warriors are suppose to be a master of all weapons, currently we are a master of poleaxes!