Disc Priest Survivability in Arena

Hello!

I play as disc priest in a Wlock // Priest 2v2 team. We´re currently around 1800 rating and most if not all comps seem to have no problem at all winning every match if they just go for me.
    I am 100% sure my partner does everything he can to help me peel them off but it just delays the inevitable.
    They don´t even have to do much else than pop some cds on me and after a while I always end up dead.
    We´ve tried to out LoS their dps from its healer, but with the survivability of their dps there is often no point.

I got 1007 resilience, 24k HP self buffed and I´ve been playing priest for quite a while now so I no most of what to do and what not to. But lately all I do when I´ve got a dps on me (especially physical) is spam all my defensive CDs.

I really have no clue at all what to do to avoid this atm.
    and for the guys who didnt read the latest hmm about 5? retpaladin changes, they arent fotm anymore since long, fotm right now is warlock and priest obviously...

Re: Disc Priest Survivability in Arena

Well you problem is that your playing with a lock. Besides fear which is dispellable, deacoil and shadow burn, all wich dont last verry long, you lock realy cannot peal for the majority of the fight. Vs a larg portions of teams your lock isnt going to be doing much peeling. Also If you lock is doing lots of peeling then he isnt dps and the other healer is at full mana while your spending it on yourself.

Locks are currently not strong in 2's. Vs any well played teams they are just going to counter you.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

You'd be better off with a Rogue, Warrior, Death Knight, or Feral Druid. They can make sure nothing touches you. Warlock is better with a Rogue, Resto Druid, Holy Paladin, or Resto Shaman.
    Aravar - Lv. 80 Arms Warrior - Vek'nilash US BG9

lock maybe not strong but http://www.arenajunkies.com/strategy/2v2/Pri_Wlk/ enjoy ;D

its nothing wrong with warlock but u have to play very offensive at some points. but yea rogue and reti for exemple is more "easy" to play, but if train alot with your warlock you can get very high and hard combo for many.
    but again, at some points when u or the lock get a long fear of a healer with his trinket use for exemple you have to play as 2x DPS team.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Tixwi

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Mnem%C3%AEc

Thanks for the response!

Though I probably will never switch my Wlock partner out it seems as if the further you climb the ratings in 2s it feels like disc priest is designed to go with a rogue.

Lately I have been trying to play more agressive (thanks for that encouragement btw) and basically found a way through trial and error especially vs warriors that stick to me;
    Both me and the Wlock fully dots him and the Wlock gets some bolts in as I Mind Control the warrior letting the dots tick for while. As the MC runs out their healer gets silenced and we try to go for a kill. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn´t.

and for the guys who didnt read the latest hmm about 5? retpaladin changes, they arent fotm anymore since long, fotm right now is warlock and priest obviously...

Disc has 0 freedom or snares, any and every melee have numerous speed boosts, snares, imobolizes.

So you want a partner who can lock down the other teams melee. DKs can do it, Rogues can do it, Ret kinda can do it (HoF you and just gib other guy).

A really good frost mage might could do it as well.

Your other option as a priest is to tank the DPS, and see if you can tank their DPS longer than the other Healer can tank your DPS. Unfortunately if the other healer is a druid, they will just /lol the dps and root/cyclone them and leave. Maybe even stealth.

You won't get far with a Warlock, period.

We run into 2300+ DKs, Warriors, and Rogues who can drop me from 100% to 0 in ~10 seconds if my Rogue leaves them alone. Melee damage is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    Melee damage is just ridiculous.
    This. You need to have a partner that is really good at keeping melee off of you. Whoever that may be (since many classes can do that), you will find it much easier to survive. Seriously though, melee burst is stupid and sometimes it just doesn't matter. RNG FTL. Stick with it and good luck to ya

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    Well you problem is that your playing with a lock.
    ^ This. disc priest and lock combo isn't very good sadly.

A basic rule when choosing a 2v2 partner, find a partner who's CC doesn't share the same DR.

Arena these days is about controlling 1 person while bursting the shit out of the other.

disc priest + affli lock is a good combo. Get a DR tracker for one so you can maximise your fear potential and your lock can peel pretty well, always put UA up before fear so it doesnt get dispelled. If the opposition goes on you then tbh its quite easy seen as your lock can just freecast on everything and put out ungodly amounts of control + pressure. Therefore if their dps wants to survive he will switch to the lock, but if a melee is on then help out with dots on him for added pressure, drag him out of LoS of his healer with full dots + dispels on him, you can also whack shadowfiend on him, this with your lock controlling their healer elsewhere will force him to run away from you, at which point you can heal to full + drink.
    s4 gladiator - 2v2(lock/dodo) and 3v3(shadowplay)
    s5 gladiator - 2v2 (disc/rogue) and 3v3(rmp)
    s6 gladiator - 2v2 (disc/hunter) INCOMING!!

yes disc sl/sl should work.

Playing disc, affli isnt a very offensive combo, its about controlling the game.
    with timed CC this will be easy easy, drain mana and mana burn on the healer whist controlling the dps around will mean its just a slow burn team

O'well in 2v2 situations vs any healer/dps comp you should NEVER(well you will in like 5/100 games, when they will just one shot you) die. Lock is great to peel things of you, ofc with rog its easier but with lock its easy enough. Also I'd suggest playing this comp offensively and Id go for something like 940-950 resilience and more spell p. and hit (!) instead. This comp isn't really defensive, simply because with lock you MUST do enough pressure to kill enemy before you actually go oom. And ofc you can stay very defensive and last very very long but you won't ever push it to win, also if you play offensively you might actually force them to play defensively so dmg on your team will be way lower
    +as someone above posted
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/strategy/2v2/Pri_Wlk/

Good luck guys!
    /Sorry for any language mistakes, english isn't my mother tongue /

Some priests clip the last tick of their penance to juke a spell interrupt.

Glyph of shadowflame / pain supression if you don't already have them can help with rogues

that guide says glyphed ua is harder to interrupt that couldn't be truer. keep trying i've lost to this team before at 2.3k, it can be powerful.

well... if your warlock goes destro than any melee team is asking to get "destro"yed if they attack you.

LoSing their healer is very effective, but once the healer tries to move into LoS you need to make sure your lock hits him with a fear sending him even further across the map. Also you need to spam dispels on his target when the healer does manage to get off some heals.

You can't play too offensive as aff/priest, because it will never outburst any team, but when your lock has full dots up and the healer cc'd thats your time to dps.

I dunno pledge, you ever fight a pally team with aura mastry and well placed bubbles/sacrifices? Its not realy hard to avoid the burst. Me as eleshamen and my Hpally partner are at 2200 and we love killing destro locks teams. There arnt to many at 2200 though.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".