Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Ele Sham Giving Up In Arena

I guess he doesn't know how to fake cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathok
    @ OP... should i point you to the 2300+ ele/Hpally teams or the 2k Ret/ele, or would you just like to go ahead and L2P? There is a way. Other people do it and so can you, stop trying to blame your problems on something other than your ability to play your class.
    The OP already adressed your line of thinking in his original post.

do you see my point? sure we CAN win anything its possible buuuuut who the hell wants to try SO HARD and get frustrated while unholy is enjoyable and sometimes competitive
    Just because there's a small handful of ele shaman at the top doesn't change the fact that melee DPS are far stronger and subsequently have it much easier.

Go ahead and link ele shaman with high ratings. I'll link 100 times as many DKs with the same or higher rating.

No one hear wants to listen to someone say that they cant or wont when it can be done. If you do not want to take the game to that level as you said then stay at your current level and quit. The game is going to be imbalanced and sometimes no to your favor quit reroll or learn to be perfect and it can be done.

Ok i play elemental as PvP, atm im trying out enhancement for the lolz, my pvp gear is absolutely terrible on this character.

Anyway i played elemental/disc priest today just to mess around, we lost most games at around 1650 MMR rating, i am aware that the set-up is bad. However my point is the players we were playing against were absolutely SHIT, they couldn't pvp to save their lifes, yet i am doing everything right, (fakecasting mind freeze pummels etc) and they were running into fire novas, not hitting grounding before chaos casts when its NEXT to them, it was stupidly hard to beat these players (few even had with furious weapons :-\) who played like they had downs. Another problem was running OOM WAYYY to quickly however.

Another point to add is i did more damage than the other dps each time we played because of clever maneuvering and using LoS etc. However the inability to maintain CONSTANT damage on a target is impossible even with the most AMAZING fire nova traps healers would abuse my stupid casts with LoS and the dps would be wise of my attacks and also LoS.

I can sympathise with grimjaww, but have to add that you are ultimately illiterate and bad at the game. In one of the games we played we played against druid DK, and with clever use of grounding totems, roots and cleansing totem, the DK just couldnt kill me. They eventually won but he had furious gear and axe and with numerous close attempts at killiling the DK or druid with clever CC set-ups, it should in noway be impossible for a double dps team if i was the ONLY dps.

However I will say this, in the 2v2 bracket the skill cap for ele shamans is above and beyond that of most FotM set-ups, an ele shaman at 1700 rating would probably reach 2k easily with a more viable set-up.

This is not QQ i dont care, i am just saying that i understand his frustration.

I have a warrior who is full deadly and played games after with the same person on his druid who has craft able pieces of gear and hateful we lost 2 all night after about 30 games at around 1800 MMR, this is the first time we've played this set-up and it is stupidly easy and overpowered, I would pretty much play defensive through burst in double dps teams then bladelolz to kill one, or keep switching to unhotted targets in healers teams, and lol storm after a MS is up when they are at 30% HP. i haven't played my warrior in 1-2months and we completely owned all set-ups even though his disc priest (who i used to play with as warrior in 2's, the exact same one i played with as elemental) has full deadly; when we played earlier on my shaman it was the most annoying and heart-breaking experience being beat by absolute complete idiots, because they had picked a different class when they bought the game. We even beat a prot pala destro lock team both with gladiator in their name, through shear faceroll.

Saying to the original poster L2P is true, hes shit. But dont dismiss his case, as to be perfectly honest i would love for elemental to be alot more viable in 2v2 arena than it is now.

I THINK MANA BURN IS FUN! I BURN MY `FINGERS ON MY MANA!

Deleted

Ele is fine in 3's (run a wizard cleave comp, seriously overpowered), and it's really good in 5's like always. 2's will be dead next season anyway. Try not to jump on the usual shaman-emo bandwagon, good shamans can do really well in 3's and 5's.