Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Judgement of Justice

it Never ceases to amaze how many ret paladins whine about not having a distance closer against others who do have one. You have Bubble, Use it efffectively.

Oh noes, it's a 3 min cooldown. It's still the most OP skill in this game, hands down (thankfully, made a bit less op by being dispellable by mass dispel now). You also have a way to break all snares that lasts for a decent amount of time.

Oh noes, 30 sec CD. It is what it is. MAybe now you have to spend some time actually affected by snares like the rest of the world.....except maybe a druid.

You want to whine about feeling like a walking target? Play a hunter when a rogue starts with cheap shot and then dismantles you.
    "We could kill everyone!"

"So what do you think?"

"I'm strangely comfortable with it"

Quote Originally Posted by Findecano
    1. ur answer to abilities with 30 sec cd is a 5 min cd?
    2. u can't bubble out of cyclone.
    Disengage has no distance target or guarantee, it just vaults you backwards. Perhaps you should fight your target on something other than a slope, then by the time your target lands you're alreadu in your 10 yard range.

EVERY class and spec is built to kill/defend against another spec/class. Oh no, you can't kill those pesky feral druids. Sucks. Maybe you should let the mages or locks kill them and focus on killing the rogues/hunters/warriors/dks/paladins/shaman/mage/warlocks.

"So what do you think?"

Quote Originally Posted by laboule
    Judgement of justice is suppose to prevent enemies from fleeing while also limiting their movement speed. So why is this limited in pvp, shouldn't this work on classes such as Mages and warlocks who literally make a joke out of paladins with blink teleports
    You fail

Quote Originally Posted by Findecano
    1. ur answer to abilities with 30 sec cd is a 5 min cd?
    2. u can't bubble out of cyclone.
    Also, I'd just like to point out that the fact [b]you[b] can't spell out you or your shows us the age group that your response comes from.

"So what do you think?"

If you want an interupt, a snare, and a closer then Warriors and DKs are that way --------->

Paladins sacrifice those for tons better defensive capabilities like cleanse/heals and BoF/cleanse/Repentence/JoJ/HoJ can all be close-in abilities when used right. Don't forget Paladins have the easiest DPS rotation of any other class or spec (tied with Ele Shamans). Mash 3 buttons then finish it off with a HoW for some of the best burst damage in the game.
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    Hey look, a 0 resi clothie...

Your Crusader Strike crits for 5000.
    Your Seal of Blood crits for 2500.

0 Resi clothie gains QQ on forums.

Rough numbers, but easily gettable with a 213 weap on a 0 res clothie with a armor buff on without any CDs or other abnormal stuff on
    Where as when we look at the numbers against a PvP geared clothie

Your Crusader Strike hits for 2000.
    Your Seal of Blood hits for 500.

Add a 1.75 crit modifier to that and ZOMG U HAS BURST... wait
    If you don't crit you have no burst, so resi owns the crap out of Ret, which would be why the top of the BG scoreboards are Rets, yet they don't dominate Arena with the same 20-1 win to losses

ummm no. Resilience cant lower critical hit damage more than 33%. And that requires 1230 Resilience, which would require pretty much full furious + gemming for it if i calculated it right.
    ummm no. Resilience cant lower critical hit damage more than 33%. And that requires 1230 Resilience, which would require pretty much full furious + gemming for it if i calculated it right.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas454
    it Never ceases to amaze how many ret paladins whine about not having a distance closer against others who do have one. You have Bubble, Use it efffectively.

Oh noes, it's a 3 min cooldown. It's still the most OP skill in this game, hands down (thankfully, made a bit less op by being dispellable by mass dispel now).
    First of all, Bubble is a 5minute Cooldown. (4 min if talented in deep prot) and just cus you bubble doesn't mean you'll close the gap and even if you do what happens if your 1minute cooldown stun is on cooldown, then bubble fades and you're just CC'd so they can start kiting you all over again. Bubble is not useful for distance closing but more of an emergency "OH SH*T" button to give you un-interrupted time to heal yourself.

You also have a way to break all snares that lasts for a decent amount of time.
    Oh noes, 30 sec CD. It is what it is. MAybe now you have to spend some time actually affected by snares like the rest of the world.....except maybe a druid.
    it only lasts 6seconds now and can be purged/dispelled. Other calsses have skills to deal with snares also so ours is no different, but most other classes that have snare removal skills also increases their speed or closes the distance to the enemy which we do not have. I would gladly sacrifice Hand of Freedom for a distance closer.

You want to whine about feeling like a walking target? Play a hunter when a rogue starts with cheap shot and then dismantles you.
    the hunter can just disengage after the stun... any melee(even melee ranged) class gets screwed from dismantle. myself as a prot pally get screwed too. i have nothing but bubble and it would be stupid to waste that so early in the fight. although rogues in general are no match for a prot pally but that's another story.

We have ZERO ranged damaging skills (aside from prot's Avenger's Shield) and ZERO distance closers so when we are at range from an enemy we are 100% Useless until we can actually catch up which can take a while.

Too many shits posting here.

S5Heroes rejoice!

Ret is fucking horrible and the only thing they can do is damage.

Suck it or stfu. Shits

15+ Year Old Account

I'm not talking about the OP here. Overall I hardly find anyone posting anything useful in these forums. If you don't have anything useful to say then don't waste your time and ours.

About the subject, I think ret design is causing all these problems. Late TBC ret turned out to be a fairly strong melee class that instead of burning you down follows you all aroundT staying alive while taking away your HP. Back then ret was a defensive outlast and not this bursty. Now ret still has that defense and also this pretty good burst everyone is complaining about. If a retadin manages to close the gap and stay close for 5 seconds his target is either dead or a CD away from dying. Currently design team should let you get close but also has to make sure that you don't stay close more than few seconds which is not easy if you ask me.

The other problem is the stupid bubble. Everything is getting nerfed because this one spell is too powerful . Nerf bubble and give ret some snare imo.

What I think is that if ret wants to get snares and keep its burst it should give up some of its survivability and self-healing power. Another other way is to give them snares, remove the burst and keep the survivability, kinda like shadow priests.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

cus they don't have vanish, evasion or cloak of skill?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mobywan
    Too many shits posting here.

S5Heroes rejoice!

Ret is fucking horrible and the only thing they can do is damage.

Suck it or stfu. Shits

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar

We have ZERO ranged damaging skills (aside from prot's Avenger's Shield) and ZERO distance closers so when we are at range from an enemy we are 100% Useless until we can actually catch up which can take a while.
    Try taking the talent called "Repentance". Or learning to count. Because that is one, not zero.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

@ OP, you do realize that pallys have been complaining about not beeing able to fight vs kiters for.... i dunno... 2 years now as ret. There was a huge topic with like 120 pages on the beta forums durring the WTLK testing. Gues what.... blizzard doesnt want to give pallys a slow.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Palaranger
    Honestly I've never been able to kill anyone in one HoJ if they have decent pvp gear.
    With or without PvP gear, it doesn't really matter if the target has a decent health pool. Palas don't burst anything down from full health in one HoJ unless the target is a fresh 80 clothie in quest greens with 11k hp, which can be practically one-shot by any other dps class too. From half health it may work. But if it fails, it's 60 sec to the next HoJ and several seconds to the next attack. Healers heal themselves to full health again or we get feared, incapacitated, stunned or snared. The perfect crit streak that kills a healer before he can heal up happens maybe once in a week.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Try taking the talent called "Repentance". Or learning to count. Because that is one, not zero.
    Saying Repent is a distance closer is like saying you can heal yourself with a Fireball cast.... Repent breaks on damage, can be dispelled/cleansed/trinket'd out of, and in no way moves our character or target from point A to point B.

TLR it is not a "distance closer", just like Blind isn't a distance closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Saying Repent is a distance closer is like saying you can heal yourself with a Fireball cast.... Repent breaks on damage, can be dispelled/cleansed/trinket'd out of, and in no way moves our character or target from point A to point B.

Or we can say that blind is: interupt, crowd control, silence and distance closer

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark

30 yard range, so you will not have hit them to break it anyway unless you are using it in melee range. Instant, 10 second CC that they have to use a trinket/cooldown to get out of (or get dispelled by another person, like every CC). If they don't then you get into melee range. You use it to close distance. It is a distance closing skill.

If Blind had a 30 yard range, you really think rogues wouldn't use it to stop a person and cover distance if they needed to?

By your definition, Death Grip is not a distance closer, because it does not move your character closer to the opponent.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

My mistake. You have a 20 yard distance closer, not a 30 yard one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow_Blast
    your mistake is the thing, you dont get the meaning of *distance closer*
    distance closers are: cept, skillcharge, skillgrip, blankblink, etc.
    the things that get you to opponent\get opponent to you.
    does repentance?)
    or I'm to run for those 6 seconds? no lets see.
    20 yards, 6 sec duration, which actual time will be left of repentance when I arrive?
    and then - hop! wyvern+disengage, simple blink, and kite goes on)
    just pointed those 2 examples as huntards and mages are the most tough guys vs paladin.
    whatcha you do after this happens huh?)
    So you "need" a slow because there are two classes that can get out of melee range, once you have already gotten to melee range with Repentance?

You run at 115% speed, and can cap people at running at 100%. Chase them, you will catch up. If it is too difficult, partner with someone with a slow.

edit: If you want it that badly, you can have the only slow that Priests can get, Mind Flay. Reduces their speed by 30% and your own speed by 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow_Blast
    i am totally destroyed by your inability to understand the *Benny Hill issue* with retpalas.
    being of a calm and non-agressive person, i do not argue with morons like you.
    dixi
    Yes, you are not passive-agressive, either.

Basically you want another distance closer, because the current one doesn't close distance the right way, you have to walk a little instead of pressing one button. So you want a slow, as well as Repentance (which you can use to get close to the opponent. You can use it as a "distance closer", if you will) and the 15% extra movement speed, along with capping their movement speed at 100%.

As far as you seem to have shown, the "issue with ret palas" is that they want to be able to do everything other classes can. Just because another class has something doesn't mean you should as well.

If you honestly cannot figure out how to use Repentance to get close to an opponent, I don't know how to explain it any more clearly without using crayons and stick figures.