Deep Destro Warlocks: What Meta Gem do you use?

I've heard arguments for Ember Skyflare Diamond (+25 spellpower, 2% int) and Chaotic Skyflare Diamond (+21 crit and 3% increased crit damage).

Ember - Spell damage is the best stat per point for dps, and allows you to gem all spellpower gems

Chaotic - Crit is very important for destro locks, and 3% increased crit damage will get you some big numbers, but you have to use two blue/purple gems (suggested purified twilight opal).

So what did you choose and why, I'm debating switching to chaotic from skyflare but I haven't seen any numbers.

Re: Deep Destro Warlocks: What Meta Gem do you use?

crit gem is best for anyspec as bigger crits are great. this even works well for aff locks aswel

You can probably get that SP from other things; in my opinion, the 3% crit is a huge boost over a static amount of SP, especially when other gems (namely Runed Scarlet Ruby) provide almost the same amount of SP.

Elitist Jerks (http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t53164-p...cks_In_general)

Jewel Crafting

Jewel crafting still stands as THE best profession for warlocks. The functionality of prismatic gems is amazing. Lets look at the math:

All warlocks will be running [Chaotic Skyflare Diamond] in 3.1. To satisfy these you need atleast 2 blue gems. the best option for a blue gem is [Purified Twilight Opal] which yields 12 spelldmg (assuming demonic aegis..

Assuming all other gems would be [Runed Scarlet Ruby] which is 19 spelldmg.

So We have 32*3-(19+12+12) which is 53 spelldmg + the option to choose the best socket bonuses to use, which is a min of 67 dps increase using the 40-31 scale factors
    Quote Originally Posted by L2theuka
    "OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors

That elitist jerks post you linked is outdated, that gear section hasn't been updated since Ulduar came out. If you can show me something more recent, I'd love something that has been updated to the current patch

That elitist jerks post you linked is outdated, that gear section hasn't been updated since Ulduar came out. If you can show me something more recent, I'd love something that has been updated to the current patch Cheesy
    The point still remains - Chaotic is better.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Diamonda
    That elitist jerks post you linked is outdated, that gear section hasn't been updated since Ulduar came out. If you can show me something more recent, I'd love something that has been updated to the current patch
    You're right. Those bastards need to get on the ball!
    Quote Originally Posted by L2theuka
    "OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors

15+ Year Old Account

As destro it's always Chaotic Skyflare Diamond. Always.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Chaotic Skyflare Diamond for sure.

Someone on AJ said it even gives 9% instead of 3% because of ruin ;D.

15+ Year Old Account

Here's the math:

You cast a spell, it does 100 damage.
    You cast a spell without ruin, it does 150 damage (150% or 1.5 times)
    Ruin increases the factor to 200% or 2.0

Then the math splits based on how you interpret the wording:
    3% increased critical strike damage (on just the damage) = 100 base + (100 crit x 1.03) = 203 damage.
    3% increased critical strike damage (on the entire crit) = 200 x 1.03 = 206 damage.

206 is the correct number, I believe.
    Some more math:
    Most warlocks have around 20% crit base.
    This means 30% in raids, if not more.
    3% more damage, 30% of the time, is a .9% damage increase.
    If you do 5000 dps, .9% is 45dps, and if you back out a spell power scaling factor of 1.4, you get 32 Spell Power.

Also, this scales better with crit. Lets say you hit 45% in raids. The same logic follows, and you end up with 48 Spell Power.

This still doesn't factor in the Crit Rating it comes with.

The next runner up is 2% Int = SP + 24SP.
    I have ~1200 int in raids, so this works out to 48 spell power.

Chaotic wins, all the time. Even for affliction.
    1200 x .02 + 24 =

R.I.P. YARG