15+ Year Old Account

leviathion health and snare nerf

just wondering how much health each tower gives now since they reduced it from its original 50% per tower? already saved so cant see this week. the removal of the snare from frost tower should make 4 tower kill much easier though.

Re: leviathion health and snare nerf

4towers is pretty hard...something like 300mil hp inhardmode? from what ive heard, or something really high

Quote Originally Posted by Noochie
    My question is why nerf it at all was flame lootathon really that hard?
    Hard mode with 4 towers is hard.Imagine that.Its gonna be easier now but still not facerollable.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs
    just wondering how much health each tower gives now since they reduced it from its original 50% per tower? already saved so cant see this week. the removal of the snare from frost tower should make 4 tower kill much easier though.
    We downed 4 tower on 10 man tonight, missed out on my achievement for some reason.

His health went down from 116m to 88m, so the nerf was a fairly large one.

Hurray for casuals complaining hard mode was to hard...wait a minute...inst that how its supposed to be?

Flame leviathan was arguably the hardest hardmode, although the most accessible. Especially with the swarm of bugs that plague the encounter.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Struggled on this all night on Monday, first time trying it, up from 2 towers. eventually had to drop it down to 3 as we never made it past 50%

These changes will certainly make that doable next week, and I'm not sure really how I feel about that. Part of me is happy that my group can get it done, but part of me is sad that we aren't getting it done by overcoming our shortcoming. We aren't becoming better players, blizzard just decided that we were good enough for now or something. I'm sure there are groups out there that will still find this hard mode to be a real challenge, just like there were groups that found the previous difficulty to be laughable as it was. I guess it's all about finding a balance.

It's still harder than it was when it was introduced...arguably...I don't know how to balance 60% extra health against 20% movement speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Felz
    Hurray for casuals complaining hard mode was to hard...wait a minute...inst that how its supposed to be?
    It's still Blizzard who can judge to what degree the difficulty should be.
    Your ideas of hard and easy are not important at all.
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Have to say I agree 100% with Velourea here. Just because a small number of the WoW players are good enough to beat encounters that are very hard, you cant complain when Blizzard tries to make a larger numbers of players experience it. The days where the best players saw the most of the game is over, so if Blizzard sees a encouter costing way too many wipes on the average player, they make it a little easier to overcome.

Hard mode is still hard, just not as hard as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Felz
    And here we go again, have you done FL 25 man hard mode?

We have tried a few times and got it down to 25%. After doing other hard modes. This one is going to be fun to dol, hopefully next week

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Flame leviathan was arguably the hardest hardmode, although the most accessible. Especially with the swarm of bugs that plague the encounter.
    It's not even close to the hardest in 25 man. In fact, it's one of the easiest once you get used to the vehicles and the mechanics of the encounter.

After last fixes it was so easy.... even no chopper died from random dps for us..... and now then nerfing it more.....
    I got idea, lets make it like this: You talk to Lorekeeper on the start, encounter starting and u hear leviathan "WTF OUT OF FUEL".... and u can just go and loot him, so it will save most of ppl time to do this nerfed fight.

Terrible players makes this game, which is 90% it seems.

I've done it with 3 towers up, it took us about 3 tries. 4 towers was chaotic but doable, even though I havent tried it lately since raiding is just too boring atm.
    ROGUES OP LOL
    Have you ever played a rogue? The only reason we are considered OP is because well... you suck.
    No other way to put it.
    No other class in the game has its "OH SHIT" button completely broken.
    No other class in the game WILL be killed in a single stun if they dont have a trinket.
    No other class in the game dies anywhere near as fast as a rogue with its cooldowns gone.
    No other class in the game requires more skill than a rogue.
    No other class in the game is as fun as a rogue, Therefore the majority of rogues who are good, have played a really long time and become good players, nothing will change that.

FL 4 towers is not hard.

Don't get frozen. Don't get rammed. Don't stand in fire/lightning. Don't fail at picking up passengers. Keep 4 stacks of pyrite rolling at a minimum.

My guild just spent a total of 3 hours on it. Once we got the retardedness out of our system, that was all we needed to beat this boss.

Not easy by any shot, but definately doable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by jarell88
    FL 4 towers is not hard.

Don't get frozen. Don't get rammed. Don't stand in fire/lightning. Don't fail at picking up passengers. Keep 4 stacks of pyrite rolling at a minimum.

My guild just spent a total of 3 hours on it. Once we got the retardedness out of our system, that was all we needed to beat this boss.

Not easy by any shot, but definately doable.
    those requirements are still present and no, with 4 towers, there will still be very little to no room for errors anyway, it definately will be easier, but not faceroll easy, still pretty hard for alot of guilds, im not saying i like it, since we recently beat 3 towers in few tries and were aiming at orbituary next wednesday and i was looking forward the challenge, so i am abit disappointed right now, but it wont change that much anyway, scrubs wont be able to do it with 3 or 4 towers anyway

We were able to do FL+3 before the nerf in 25-man. People failed so hard going to the end. It took us about 5 tries for the kill, and every single time it was my pro warlock buddy and myself alive in a demolisher either so close to killing it or until we finally carried the raid through.

I'm personally ashamed because I hope this is enough of a nerf for my guildmates to get their heads out of their asses and kill this damned thing...at least in 25-man. 10-man we couldn't gotten this np.

Quote Originally Posted by Denisé
    you cant complain when Blizzard tries to make a larger numbers of players experience it. The days where the best players saw the most of the game is over, so if Blizzard sees a encouter costing way too many wipes on the average player, they make it a little easier to overcome.
    Casuals (and bad players claiming to be casual) can already 'experience' Flame Lootathon in normal mode, so this lame cop-out is completely irrelevent here.
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion
    I checked the R&D WoW forums earlier. Seems to be 40% multiplicative, meaning about a 25% nerf on 4T.
    The only person who actually answered my question. so its 40% per tower instead of 50%. Thank you