Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Arena Rating System EXPLANATION

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinluke
    When your team balances out you should be winning 50% of the games you play.

If you're at 1750 with a 50% win/loss against OTHER 1750 teams. You should stay there.

If you are 1750 with say 65% win/loss against other 1750 teams. You will go up in rating. But by losing to lower rated players and winning against higher rated players..will just make you bounce around a lot
    this. basically your friend was winning a lot pre 1500, but then started winning about 50% at 1500 whereas your other friend was doing something bad initially and fixed it and started winning a lot more.

the only way your mmr rating goes up is if you consistantly win.

only your win-loss ratio at your current ranking really matters

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by talrob
    The annoying part is when you win say 6 and 8 for a match but then lose 15...its just 2 steps forward and 2 steps back, especially annoying when you missed the first two weeks and therefore you have to outskill furious weapon people who magically turn up when you are at 1550 team rating (1800 now but still not furious).
    This is when you call it a night and stop playing, because there are no teams queued in your bracket. You will constantly fight teams with a lower MMR than you, and if you lose, you're going to lose a lot of points, and if you win, you'll only get a few.

Solution. Don't queue that night.

Come on people, is this that hard? Same thing if you're getting heavily countercomped. No reason to tank 100 points. Just wait and play some other time. Or if you and your teammate are not playing up to par. Just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke
    i remember one day we were doing some 2v2, the same team came up 6 times that night
    we always beat em and it was always 4-7 points for us, and they got 0 loss
    this really sucks ( at rating 1400)
    If you only got 4-7 points it means their MMR must've been like 800. You should've beat them because they were terribad.

While the matchmaking system does it's best to pair you with similarly rated teams, there are times when it simply isn't possible because no other teams are queued with a similar rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Keelie
    If you only got 4-7 points it means their MMR must've been like 800. You should've beat them because they were terribad.
    if you win 4/5 you're still not going to gain any points. terribad doesn't mean they wont win eventually..

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    if you win 4/5 you're still not going to gain any points. terribad doesn't mean they wont win eventually..
    This is the part where you stop playing. Like I said, it's a bad time to play, BECAUSE THERE ARE NO TEAMS WITH A SIMILAR MMR TO YOU PLAYING AT THE MOMENT. Of course a bad team can win eventually. Just play some other day. If you have a problem with that, don't lose, or be prepared to be frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Keelie
    This is the part where you stop playing. Like I said, it's a bad time to play, BECAUSE THERE ARE NO TEAMS WITH A SIMILAR MMR TO YOU PLAYING AT THE MOMENT. Of course a bad team can win eventually. Just play some other day. If you have a problem with that, don't lose, or be prepared to be frustrated.
    lol one day i played for 2 hours against 2 teams. one team would beat us every time and we'd lose 4-5 pts, one team we'd beat every time and we'd gain 3-5 pts. none of us stopped queuing.

a lot of the time you can wait 30 seconds and queue and you'll fight a dif team tho /shrug

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

The MMR doesn't mean a thing imo.

I'm playing as Arcane Mage with a Disc Priest and so far we've played ~640 games, won about 49% of those and are currently at 1442 TR with our MMR being ~1570. The teams we face are ranged between 1100-2000 MMR, a difference of +/-400. Sometimes when we win against a 2000 MMR team we only win 4-6 points and they lose the same. However, when we lose to the exact same team we lose 15-18 points and they win the same.

Based on this I've concluded the following:
    • MMR is a representation of your teams current skill level based on win/loss ratio.
    • TR is used for calculating the win/loss of points after a fight.
    • When a team is below 1000 TR the team doesn't lose any points on a loss, and gains 47 points on a win.

For example, the two following could teams could be facing eachother:

Team A
    MMR - 1800
    TR - 1100

Team B
    MMR - 1400
    TR - 1650

According to the MMR, Team A is most likely to win, but they are not going to since Team B is at a much higher TR using better items.
    The point change after a fight would probably be like this:

Team A wins
    Team A gets +20 points because Team B is at a much higher TR.
    Team B gets -20 points because Team A is at a much lower TR.

Team B wins
    Team B gets +5 points because Team A is at a much lower TR.
    Team A gets -5 points because Team B is at a much higher TR.

So even though Team A is higher in MMR, they get more points for a win than Team B does against eachother.

If they want to balance the game around MMR, then they should balance it so that a team can only meet other teams that are:
    +/-50 TR
    Or IF the TR difference is less than 10:
    +/-100 MMR

Although it would be hard to factor in, counterteams should be ranked higher when matching teams against eachother and the point change after a fight should be affected by the teams gerenal win/loss ratio in that particular arena. Dalaran Sewers is a nightmare for Mage/Priest, but Blades Edge is usually a walk in the park, all subject to matchup ofcause. Neither should it be possible to get the same arena 7-10 times in a row.

i wish blizz could explain some of this in a blue or something. our rating never goes up, last time we played 10 games, and won all 10 of those.
    6 of them were the same team, and we always got 4 points per win. how the fuck are you supposed to get a higher rating that way??
    and then after 10 games we loose one and loose like 40 points right away

i wish blizz could explain some of this in a blue or something. our rating never goes up, last time we played 10 games, and won all 10 of those.
    6 of them were the same team, and we always got 4 points per win. how the fuck are you supposed to get a higher rating that way??
    and then after 10 games we loose one and loose like 40 points right away
    play more than 10 games -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    play more than 10 games -.-
    we gave up after having played 20 games, [17Win 3 Loose] for which we got a total of 4 rating increase. It would have been stupid to continue, we would have probably dropped another 100 rating

we gave up after having played 20 games, [17Win 3 Loose] for which we got a total of 4 rating increase. It would have been stupid to continue, we would have probably dropped another 100 rating
    play more games later. like that other guy said lol

You just seem to have quite bad luck.
    Even though your rating's really low, you only meet players who are even worse then you guys are. (Although it's hard to believe that there're some, but seeing as you're playing on my old RP I can definitely picture it...)

PS: Dein Pala sollte sich mal einen PvP-Spec zulegen oder sowas...

Quote Originally Posted by daonar
    The very reason we had to stop this bs. You win against a team having 200 more rating than you, you gain...whopping 2 points. You win against the team having about the same (+/- 50) rating as you, you gain....the same 2 points.

You lose to a team having same or little higher rating than you (0 to 100 something points higher), you gain...no, you don't gain anything - but instead you lose (!) 13-20 points.

Blizzard failed again.
    200 mmr does not 200 rating make. they are different

Quote Originally Posted by daonar
    The very reason we had to stop this bs. You win against a team having 200 more rating than you, you gain...whopping 2 points. You win against the team having about the same (+/- 50) rating as you, you gain....the same 2 points.

You lose to a team having same or little higher rating than you (0 to 100 something points higher), you gain...no, you don't gain anything - but instead you lose (!) 13-20 points.

Blizzard failed again.
    As Mysmere said, if your enemies have a team rating of 1500 and MMR of 1550 and you have a team rating of 1300 with a MMR of 1,9k, then it's obvious that you'll only get 2 points when winning. (Wouldn't be fair otherwise, as your enemies are far weaker then you, even if they have a higher TR.)