Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: How to fix SP pvp

Let's take an actual example: shadowpriest + rogue vs ret + dk.

Let's say you do sap ret, oneshot the pet and proceed with ks > dot > mindblast swd on the dk. Pala gets out of sap, repetances your rogue, dk pulls sp - priest disperses - they pound the rogue. Hard. Let's say rogue vanishes and gets some breathing time - they turn to the priest, priest tries to run (fade), gets gripped then gnawed (by the new pet) while ret and dk are pounding the sp. All these "dk is out of runes" is so good in theory but fails utterly in practice. Let's not forget that DK here has AMZ, AMS, Icebound + Bone Armor, Lichborne, Death strike (5% healing per disease, 3 diseases) and can eat the pet and heal up for 50%. Now, there's no way you can:

1) Nuke it
    2) Run away from it
    3) CC the paladin (or dk)
    4) Nuke the paladin
    5) Survive

You can theorycraft all you want, the most skilled priest and rogue will lose to mediocre dk / ret because the arena mechanics aren't equal for every class. Also, disc priests are so oom after only a few moments of the fight and have the most retarded mana regen mechanic. Innervate > all.

I wonder if this would work:

Rework Pain and Suffering to make your SW heal you for all or some the damage it does, instead of making the spell damage you less.

We can't really cast healing spells without dropping Shadowform and our 15% damage reduction, and we have no pushback reduction skills for healing spells. Ret paladins can proc instant flash heals, which have an extra 50% crit chance if they are shielded, so I can't see it being completely overpowered.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh
    I wonder why more people don't suggest Imp Fade breaking stuns instead of, or in addition to, breaking snares. That would be a pretty solid buff either way.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure there's no way to make the shadowpriest good, unless they rebuilt the spec from the ground up with a totally different design philosophy, or the entire game changed to be less melee-oriented.

Think about it: what's the only caster that's consistently been good in pvp since the beginning? That's right, the mage. You know, the anti-melee caster.
    True, but then mages got their anti-caster spec with Arcane, too. I really think that with a few tweaks, they could make Shadow a playable PVP spec.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    If we are still suggesting talents, something that procs instant Flash Heals that don't break Shadowform might help, since we don't have the defensive or offensive capablities to fight people without needing to heal.
    I thought of something that would allow you to cast instant-cast direct healing spells without breaking shadowform. With some tweaks to the first tiers in the holy and discipline trees you could get a decent 8/11/rest spec that picks up Desperate Prayer, and with a lot more tweaks to the holy tree a viable shadow-holy spec that picks up Surge of Light _could_ become a reality.

I want to see specs like:
    Vampiric Touch + Psychic Horror + Surge of Light
    or Body and Soul + Shadowform

... in addition to a viable deep shadow spec of course.

If they made SW heal us the damage it does instead of damage us, it might be quite nice.

If they made SW heal us the damage it does instead of damage us, it might be quite nice.
    That might be a good place to look at maybe not something OP like that but, I would take a Glyph that makes it not hurts us and some cost. Make it cost more mana or a longer CD or do less damage. Could also have it proc a blackout effect like the old rank 1 talent.

Quote Originally Posted by isfry
    That might be a good place to look at maybe not something OP like that but, I would take a Glyph that makes it not hurts us and some cost. Make it cost more mana or a longer CD or do less damage. Could also have it proc a blackout effect like the old rank 1 talent.
    Well, it really couldn't be any more overpowered than instant Flash of Lights when you have Sacred Shield up. And the cooldown is longer than Prayer of Mending, which Holy and Disc can use but we can't without dropping Shadowform.

How about this then:

Improved Psychic Scream renamed Psychic Focus

Reduces the cooldown of Psychic Scream and Psychic Horror by 10%/20% and reduces the cast time of Mind Control by 1/2 seconds.

Actually, thinking about it, if they added a cast time reduction to Mind Control to a talent it might help a lot, since we would be able to let DoTs tick down a bit on them or cast it without having a 3 second interrupt window.

Focused Mind:

Reduces the mana cost of your Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Mind Sear and Mind Control spells by 5%/10%/15%, and decreases the cast time of Mind Control by 0.5/1.0/1.5 seconds.

Actually, thinking about it, if they added a cast time reduction to Mind Control to a talent it might help a lot, since we would be able to let DoTs tick down a bit on them or cast it without having a 3 second interrupt window.

Focused Mind:

Reduces the mana cost of your Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Mind Sear and Mind Control spells by 5%/10%/15%, and decreases the cast time of Mind Control by 0.5/1.0/1.5 seconds.
    Nice ideas.

One of the main problems (which i think someone else already stated) is the fact that anyone getting feared away by an Spriest can instantly trinket it without consequence. Especially melee who know at the very mosy they may eat a PH. Undeads in particular have it so easy against Spriest its just not funny.

Imho, it would be nice to tag on a Spriest only addition to fear which meand that should your fear be dipelled the target is snared or has horror effect for 2-3 seconds.

Something like this would at the very least allow an Spriest the luxury of more than one GCD befor melee is back on top of us and may even up fights against mages and locks into the bargain.

Something like this or a spammable snare would help lots.

10+ Year Old Account

Seems Shadow Priests have a hard time, much like Warlocks in PVP, see: Arena, ATM.
    "I don't agree with you on that, I'm going to have to check Google." -Martin, Role Models.

Quote Originally Posted by wildrooster27
    Seems Shadow Priests have a hard time, much like Warlocks in PVP, see: Arena, ATM.
    Warlocks have three different damage specs to choose from to PVP with. Priests only have one, and it doesn't work. We can respec to a completely different aspect of the game, healing, but that is it. It is the same way that Fire for mages is very weak in PVP, but Frost and Arcane are both other ranged DPS specs to choose from to do the same thing.

we need snares/more CC

IMHO