Resto Druid surviving vs rogue teams

Im a frost dk, and my partner is a resto druid. He sits at 800 resil and 1700 sp.

It seems that we do well with all teams except those with rogues on them.

The problem is that he never seems to be able to stay alive.

I am usually cced through the fight, so I can assist very little to keep damage off him besides a death grip and some chains of ice.

He pops barkskin, prehots himself before being attacked, and casts cure posion when he is able to.
    He usually sits in tree form trying to move and just getting smashed.

Its usually double dps teams:

Rogue/mage Rogue/Feral Rogue/Warlock Rogue/Rogue

Any tips for him to stay alive?

Thanks

Re: Resto Druid surviving vs rogue teams

i dunno if you made a mistake saying cure poison...i m assuming you meant abolish poison....my suggestion is that he prehots in tree form...pops bark skin....goes into bear form and tries to pillar dance...i would suggest you also stay close to him and not try to rush from the start....you need to play an outlasting game...double dps means no healer....any dmg you do on them wont be recuperated back ( unless certain special spells come in play). so basically just LoS the other guy grip the rogue and just chains of ice spam him for a while...time for your druid to get back up....try to outlast them and play a more defensive role.

I did mean abolish, i dont play a druid so I got the name wrong.

But yes, I normally do spam coi on the rogue and grip him away, its hard in those first 10 seconds or so because im constantly cced, and he usually pops cos.

We normally dont stand near a pillar, usually near where the see invis thing pops. So we will try that.

I will definately tell him to pop bark skin and then go bear, I suggested this to him, but he was worried his hots wouldnt keep him up and he couldnt cast more in bear.

Thanks for the advice!

15+ Year Old Account

You should absolutely not stand out in the open waiting for shadowsight. If it's about to spawn and nobody has shown yet, go get it, but if you're waiting for the match to get moving don't just leave yourselves out in the open.

Have your druid hit up some duels with rogues on your server, start with low end'ed ones and work your way up to the best ones on the server (If possible)

I my self as a druid have been through over 5000 duels against rogues (mainly my old arena partner and some others) and have won 90 % of the time.

Druids technically can tank rogues as long as they keep abolish running (some might say with the new PPM on poisons that abolish is useless, I dont think so because u can still spam abolish [if need be] to remove poisons with the cast itself, provided you are fully hotted and don't want to cast anything [preventing kick/cs/spell lock/etc.]

Whats mainly gonna happen when its you guys Verse a double dps team with a rogue in it, your druid is going to want to mainly LoS the caster, and tank the rogue.

The enemy caster will do all he can to chase your druid and shatter / burst your druid, as you are cc'd off somewhere else on the map.

I would suggest you also try to avoid incoming CC from the caster by getting on the rogue (provided you don't get slowed by something thats not removable[crip, etc.] and then have your druid kite in a semi circle while los'ing the caster, this will therefore take you both out of a position to be cc'd be the caster[fear,sheep,cyclone,etc.] and you will be effectively peeling for your druid.

At some point in time the caster will get very close, on nagrand for instance, have your druid go from one pillar to the next, if the caster gets so close that you will have no choice but to eat a CC, during the enemy casters cc casting / juking, your druid can break away with travel form(prefferably after eating a full duration and non trinketed KS)

In the case you play against feral/rogue or rogue/rogue, pray your druid doesn't die, and pick one rogue to slow / cc, and pick one to kill as fast as possible. (don't let your druid be afraid to go offensive,even against these 2 setups as long as he doesn't die trying to do so,[die'ing while playing defensive is better then die'ing when you try to get offensive, tho sometimes that 1 offensive push can put the game in your favor])

These will be the hardest matches for your druid.

Feral/rogue= hibernate the feral as fast as possible, preferably after eating the rogue's KS, breaking free to gain distance, and not getting kicked while doing so. If the feral eats the cc and doesn't trinket, GG, if not, you now have that much more distance to start a kite pattern and hot / live while the rogue dies.

rogue/rogue= traditional rogue rogue combos use 1 dps rogue (in full pve gear), and 1 utility rogue (in full pvp / resil gear)
    Try to pick which one is the pve rogue, this is basically the hardest part of the fight because you have very few seconds to decide which rogue your gonna get on, you as a DK stay on the pve rogue, have your druid tank the pvp rogue(he will take far less damage from a pvp rogue in resil gear, and you on the pve rogue means faster game win anyway.)

Anyways, post getting a lil long here, GL making use of all that ^^^^^^^ :P
    Game Mechanics Enthusiast. :P

I never have a problem surviving these teams.

Abolish/hots tree pillar hump the range (lock/mage). Watch wound psn closely and use your swiftmend the second it takes off wound psn it should bring you back to almost full life. If you need to NS+Cyclone > NS + HT in this situation from my experience. If you ns cyclone be ready to travel form away as the rogue will often trinket if he hasn't. (still buys time though).

These matches are usually short.

Use NG early as it can cause an early trinket/cos (if a pet doesnt take it) and the cd isn't that long.

Very true about NS cyclone'z

Just make sure not to Oh Shizzle and hit it mid GCD, NS can go off during a GCD but the HT cant, leaving NS on for 1.5 sec and not being able to use it = incoming dispell + lulz
    (something druids should know anyways :P)
    Game Mechanics Enthusiast. :P

Deleted

1v1 rogue cannot kill a resto druid and even as a 2dps team it was ridicously hard to kill a dru with 3x lb, rejuv, abolish, regrowth and possibly wild growth.